New Van Damme movie!

Agent ONE

Mehhhn...Double Impact and the actor playing more than himself at the same time? Doesn't hold a candle to Michael Keaton in "Multiplicity"

Clone 3: "Umm, I gots someting tu tell yu, umm...Laura touched my pee-pee"

Oh, wait . M. Keaton don't do martial arts. Batman?

Wayy off topic! Sorry

:lol:

Van Damme and Segal are both lousy trash. I've heard commentaries in films where Van Damme would pass up real martial artist in the casting of his films because he was afraid that they would show him up. If it isn't about making him look 'pretty' then it isn't going to be in his films. Its pretty sad because at one point he had real potential to be a big star. Several big directors vowed never to work with him ever again.

Van Damme isn't that bad. -_-  Segal on the other hand...not the greatest actor...but ya gotta give them both credit. :/

yeah, but didn't Seagal beat up his that chick from wierd science (his ex-wife)??

That sounds familiar.

He also moved to Japan (before starring in films) and studied at an Aikido dojo, where he met the head sensei's daughter and they eventually got married. They saved up money to move back to the States so he could start his film career but he took the money and left his wife (and child) in Japan and got remarried.

He's an a-hole. Oh, and the whole "I'm a peaceful Buddhist" but he carries a handgun with him at all time.

Van Damme isn't that bad. -_-  Segal on the other hand...not the greatest actor...but ya gotta give them both credit. :/

yeah, but didn't Seagal beat up his that chick from wierd science (his ex-wife)??

That sounds familiar.

He also moved to Japan (before starring in films) and studied at an Aikido dojo, where he met the head sensei's daughter and they eventually got married. They saved up money to move back to the States so he could start his film career but he took the money and left his wife (and child) in Japan and got remarried.

He's an a-hole. Oh, and the whole "I'm a peaceful Buddhist" but he carries a handgun with him at all time.

He also was the martial arts instructor on Never Say Never Again, and Broke Sean Connery's wrist when he was teaching him martial arts during the filming.

On a personal note, I was at a Highlander Convention where the whole cast of the TV Series was there, and someone asked Elizabeth Gracen what it was like to work with Seagal on Marked for Death, and she answered "Do I have to talk about him?". The questioner asked her if she didn't want to talk about it, and she replied "No, I'd really rather not".

As to Van Damme, I heard somewhere that he has somewhat of a history of beating the crap out of extras while practicing for upcoming scenes. IIRC, he broke some dude's jaw once.

As to Van Damme, I heard somewhere that he has somewhat of a history of beating the crap out of extras while practicing for upcoming scenes. IIRC, he broke some dude's jaw once.

I remember watching some MTV documentery about some MTV Spring Break special or whatever back in the late 80's/early 90's and they were talking about JCVD. He went on camera as a guest star or whatever, and someone mentioned his wife and we started going on and on about how much he loved her, etc. Turns out later that night some of the crew saw him making out with some college girl in the back seat of his car. Classy guy. <_<

Now everyone can fully admit that calling him JCVD is not only fun... but far easier to type.

And to clarify... I actually like his movies in the same way that I like Segal's... fun to mock, decent action, and overall silliness. Good enough for me. I'll watch it on cable... but I'd never pay to rent or own. That's better than alot of movies, in my book.

And to clarify... I actually like his movies in the same way that I like Segal's... fun to mock, decent action, and overall silliness. Good enough for me. I'll watch it on cable... but I'd never pay to rent or own. That's better than alot of movies, in my book.

Yup, I know how you feel. Especially, Seagal, whom despite being a total assclown in real life, is fairly amusing to watch on TV for free when nothing else is on.

That said, I'll be waiting to see JCVD's new movie on TNT in oh... 4-5 years?

And to clarify... I actually like his movies in the same way that I like Segal's... fun to mock, decent action, and overall silliness.  Good enough for me.  I'll watch it on cable... but I'd never pay to rent or own.  That's better than alot of movies, in my book.

Yup, I know how you feel. Especially, Seagal, whom despite being a total assclown in real life, is fairly amusing to watch on TV for free when nothing else is on.

One of the funniest things I ever read about Seagal, well it was really more frightening than funny.

It was in one of the larger handgun magazines about 10 years ago, where there was an article that told of how Seagal was training Police Officers in handgun techniques. And most frightening of all were the pics they had of him standing next to a bunch of cops who were all in uniform on line at a range somewhere. There he was all jeans and t shirt with big greasy ponytail etc, and most frightening of all, he had a badge clipped to his belt!.

Scary when this guy has been able to pass off the bullshit yarns he spun about his shady past with the CIA etc into some law enforcement agencies actually believing he was credible enough to instruct REAL cops.

Fun Fact #1: Steven Segal's daughter from his Japanese wife starred in Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, which is out on R1 DVD from ADV Films.

Fun Fact #2: The classic game Mortal Kombat was originally supposed to be a digitized Final Fight like game starring JCVD. Due to unknown reasons, the deal fell through, and MK was the result, with the Johnny Cage character clearly being based on JCVD (Washed up Action star with questionable martial arts experience).

Suddenly, watching Cage's intro on the first MK movie takes a whole new light, and makes a hell a lotta sense.

As to Van Damme, I heard somewhere that he has somewhat of a history of beating the crap out of extras while practicing for upcoming scenes.  IIRC, he broke some dude's jaw once.

I remember watching some MTV documentery about some MTV Spring Break special or whatever back in the late 80's/early 90's and they were talking about JCVD. He went on camera as a guest star or whatever, and someone mentioned his wife and we started going on and on about how much he loved her, etc. Turns out later that night some of the crew saw him making out with some college girl in the back seat of his car. Classy guy. <_<

I heard that too from a co-worker who was actually there. Didn't surprised me a bit.

Van Damme ees....All Washed Up

I love that he and Segal are once again competing, only now it's for the title of Straight-to-Video B-movie Action Hero Wannabe. It's funnier than those stories that you used to hear about Van Damme getting his ass handed to him in assorted barroom fights. Hopefully these two chumps will be forgotten in another 10 years, and we can all pretend they never existed.

And that stuff about Segal "teaching" cops to shoot is just scary. :huh:

Another fun Seagal fact...

On the set of Executive Decision, Seagal tried to weasel his way out of playing his character's death scene by arguing with the director that his fans will be disappointed. Never mind the fact that he go the part and knew full well what happens to the character in the script.

Scary when this guy has been able to pass off the bullshit yarns he spun about his shady past with the CIA etc into some law enforcement agencies actually believing he was credible enough to instruct REAL cops.

What all has he claimed to do with the CIA? I've heard little bits and pieces but nothing with any real detail.

What all has he claimed to do with the CIA? I've heard little bits and pieces but nothing with any real detail.

He claims that his past is much like that of most of the characters he plays in his movies. He always plays the mystery man with a shadowy past etc.

Check out his trivia section on IMDB

Seagal Trivia

And here is a quote from that page, more specifically from Leonard Maltin's Movie Encyclopedia:

Seagal, who gives egodrenched interviews, enjoys making cryptic references to his shadowy past, indicating a former association with the CIA which investigative journalists have questioned

He claims that his past is much like that of most of the characters he plays in his movies. He always plays the mystery man with a shadowy past etc.

Check out his trivia section on IMDB

Seagal Trivia

And here is a quote from that page, more specifically from Leonard Maltin's Movie Encyclopedia:

Seagal, who gives egodrenched interviews, enjoys making cryptic references to his shadowy past, indicating a former association with the CIA which investigative journalists have questioned

Seagal is such a tool... :lol:

And I actually felt sorry for the guy when I learned the mob had been leaning on him for some time. I'd never taken any time to know anything about his personality off sceen! :huh:

Set yourself up, A@#hole!

And stiff'in his Japanese wife & kid,...no mercy. But, then again, in retrospect it is undoubtedly better than for them to have been saddled w/that tub 'o dog $hit and his eff'd up lifestyle! :angry:

On the set of Executive Decision, Seagal tried to weasel his way out of playing his character's death scene by arguing with the director that his fans will be disappointed. Never mind the fact that he go the part and knew full well what happens to the character in the script.

Heh... I actually saw that movie in the theater. Drunk.

The crowd cheered when he died.

Also I laughed my ass when one character said very dramatically, "We're going to have to call the president... [long pause, then looks directly at the camera] this has to be an EXECUTIVE DECISION."

Golly, I love bad films!

On the set of Executive Decision, Seagal tried to weasel his way out of playing his character's death scene by arguing with the director that his fans will be disappointed.  Never mind the fact that he go the part and knew full well what happens to the character in the script.

Heh... I actually saw that movie in the theater. Drunk.

The crowd cheered when he died.

Also I laughed my ass when one character said very dramatically, "We're going to have to call the president... [long pause, then looks directly at the camera] this has to be an EXECUTIVE DECISION."

Golly, I love bad films!

the thing that pisses me off about that movie is that people to this day think its the adaption of a Tom Clancy book.....

and my response is always: "thats Executive Orders, numbnuts"

:lol::p

And stiff'in his Japanese wife & kid,...no mercy. But, then again, in retrospect it is undoubtedly better than for them to have been saddled w/that tub 'o dog $hit and his eff'd up lifestyle! :angry:

Yeah, if his Japanese wife had moved to Los Angeles with him, he would have just ended up cheating on her anyway. All the same, what he did was pretty messed up. But I think we've all established he isn't exactly and outstanding citizen, or even a decent person.

This thread went from Van Damme to Segal so quick... And I thought Van Damme was a loser. You guys haven't mentioned the real alternate or perfect comparison to JCVD though: Dolph Lundgren who also has a new movie comming out in 2004!

post-25-1073202658.jpg

*little known fact: Dolph took part in the olympic games, 1996 (Atlanta) for the pentathalon event.

*little known fact: Dolph took part in the olympic games, 1996 (Atlanta) for the pentathalon event.

And if IMDB is correct:

Holds a master's degree in chemical engineering. Was offered a Fulbright scholarship to study at MIT

He may be a shitty actor, but you at least gotta give him props for not being a total moron like Van Damme, or a total fake like Seagal.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I don't have any dirt on Dolph, so I guess I like him. :lol: He's apparently really smart, William Gibson talked a bit about him in his blog. They met on the set of Johnny Mnemonic (Gibson wrote the original short story for that movie, as well as the well-known Neuromancer), and he said not only did Dolph have a really good sense of humor, he was very smart.

But that doesn't necessarily translate over to good acting. <_<

And if IMDB is correct:

Holds a master's degree in chemical engineering. Was offered a Fulbright scholarship to study at MIT

He may be a shitty actor, but you at least gotta give him props for not being a total moron like Van Damme, or a total fake like Seagal.

no crap. He-man is a genius. thats pretty crazy!!

And if IMDB is correct:

Well after seeing him in Universal Soldier, he is obviously a genius.

This thread went from Van Damme to Segal so quick... And I thought Van Damme was a loser. You guys haven't mentioned the real alternate or perfect comparison to JCVD though: Dolph Lundgren who also has a new movie comming out in 2004!

post-25-1073202658.jpg

He has a new movie??? I remember he announced a while back that he was going to retire from his acting career. The only reason I know this is because I remember thinking "he still has an acting career?"