Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

Thanks @Lolicon @Mog Yeahh that shot was heavily inspired by M+ lol.. 

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Speaking of M’s. . . 

IMG_6505.jpeg.10edf59cb57a0184f889d55cfc1268f2.jpeg

Yeah, they’re yellowing a bit. 🫤

Yellow but still gold, knowing they have been played with quite a bit. :good: Some of biggest personal heartache are those toys which yellow or rot without seeing much play.

Surprisingly, that TV 1A actually “tealed” first, while the white bits stayed normal.

The white parts just started to yellow within the past 6 months.  Same with the shoulders of the 1J’s.

What’s crazy is that the Roy and GBP-1S  1J just one level above show no obvious signs of yellowing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

12 hours ago, Mog said:

Surprisingly, that TV 1A actually “tealed” first, while the white bits stayed normal.

The white parts just started to yellow within the past 6 months.  Same with the shoulders of the 1J’s.

What’s crazy is that the Roy and GBP-1S  1J just one level above show no obvious signs of yellowing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Now I’m reminded, one part of my Yammie 1/48 Max 1J also tealed few years ago whilst the whites remain white. It was just one particular piece underneath the wing glove.

But few moments ago I just took it out from display to inspect, plus Milia’s 1J, and now the whites have also yellowed. It must have happened over the past year, so I guess our 1/48s are similar in that regard.

Not bad, yellowing only after like.. 20 years?

Always curious if it’s primarily due to where I stored and/or displayed it?  

Or if it’s just due to the underlying plastic (aka not a damn thing you could’ve done to prevent it).

I know it’s my own damn fault with the TV 1A Max.

But I got those M&M 1J’s between 2005 and 2008 (so 15+ years), didn’t abuse ‘em too badly, and they didn’t seriously yellow until recently.

Oh well.  No biggie.

9 hours ago, Mog said:

Low angle shot of the mothership:

IMG_6513.jpeg.e84672062c80739ba1e24db37afcc43e.jpeg

Came close to getting one of these couple of times. It's astonishing no one has made a modern version of this yet of this size or scale. For now, the Megahouse Cosmo Fleet SDF-1 will have to do. 

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Awesome!

Dammit Bandai where's that TV SDF-1 you teased?

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Came close to getting one of these couple of times. It's astonishing no one has made a modern version of this yet of this size or scale. For now, the Megahouse Cosmo Fleet SDF-1 will have to do. 

Thanks!

It is frustrating that it’s been almost 40 years.  And no toy manufacturer has tried to make an updated, large scale, perfect transformation version of the TV Macross.