Macross nintendo game used.....

Backstabber

This may be old to some but I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I was at the mall today and there was a stand for those Nintendo controllers and light gun that just use AV jacks. The games are set up in the controller so all you do is plug and play with 76 games. Among Duck Hunt, Mario bros., Galaga and more was Macross.

I just had to play it when I saw it in the menu. Minmei came out and rang the gong and I was triple changing all over the place. Very outdated but still I almost broke down and bought one just for that, I think they were being sold for 50 dollars.

Anyway just FYI!

Edited by Backstabber

This may be old to some but I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I was at the mall today and there was a stand for those Nintendo controllers and light gun that just use AV jacks. The games are set up in the controller so all you do is plug and play with 76 games. Among Duck Hunt, Mario bros., Galaga and more was Macross.

I just had to play it when I saw it in the menu. Minmei came out and rang the gong and I was triple changing all over the place. Very outdated but still I almost broke down and bought one just for that, I think they were being sold for 50 dollars.

Anyway just FYI!

i saw this on tv a LONG time ago

Well I wasn't mentioning it because of the gaming controllers, I knew long ago about those too but because Macross was one of the selected games. ;)

Good move! It is always fun to play Nintendo games on a TV and they bring back a lot of good memories.

I bought one when I was in HK and it is licensed from Nintendo too (there is also a SEGA one, you can find them in SUGO Japanese department store)

Much cheaper to just download the rom.

Yeah, and also illegal.

As if those 50-in-1 game peripherals are legal... <_<

I'm sure they are legal.... All the games were from Nintendo and the main controller is shaped like the N64 controller and the second was like the SNES controller. Light gun was smaller of couse.

They're all NES games so why wouldn't Nintendo license them out... new revenue on old product.

I'm sure they are legal.... All the games were from Nintendo and the main controller is shaped like the N64 controller and the second was like the SNES controller. Light gun was smaller of couse.

They're all NES games so why wouldn't Nintendo license them out... new revenue on old product.

Those are definately illegal or at least grey-area. The 100-in-1 game idea reeks of all the crappy pirate carts that came out of Hong Kong, and I'd guessing these things have a similar origin. Not to the mention the fact that Nintendo is notoriously stingy with their properties and games, and unless it has NINTENDO on it nice and big it's doubtful that it's licensed.

Those are definetely illegal. Can you imagine the legal fracas Nintendo would have to engage itself in to aquire the liscense and rights to these games -which while originally published for use on the NES/Famicom- ARE the intellectual property of their respective developers and liscense holders.

Nintendo would never even farm out licenses for their own in-house Nintendo games like Mario, Tennis, Zelda, etc. because they are selling them for $5-$10 a pop for the GBA EZ-card reader.

And of course they are shaped like N64 controllers. Bootleggers copy everything.

Right. Those jillion in one systems are just plain piracy.

Anyone that would believe one is legal is an idiot. No offense.

Thanks! B))

Since they have been out for some time now why haven't they been stopped then? This isn't the net they are being sold on or China but in gaming stores at the local malls.

Edited by Backstabber

Right. Those jillion in one systems are just plain piracy.

Anyone that would believe one is legal is an idiot. No offense.

Thanks! B))

Since they have been out for some time now why haven't they been stopped then? This isn't the net they are being sold on or China but in gaming stores at the local malls.

Well, that requires figuring out who the manufacturer is.

And then the manufacturer has to be in a place where you can actually sue them(most bootlegs come from countries that don't give a crap about copyright).

Other than that, all they can do is nail distributors.

And as none of the game stores in my area carry them, I assume it's something being picked up by the local branches. And Nintendo really doesn't ahve the manpower to be searching every game store in the nation for bootleg NES games, much less every store in general.

Last time I saw the bootlegs for sale was at the State Fair of Texas(though I ahven't been looking very hard).

Other indicators besides Nintendo's typical corporate behavior as to the questionable legality are the packaging claims.

If you get one, you'll find it falls far short of the promised 10trillion games, or whatever # they choose for the day. Honest distributors are few and far between(no suprise, ginve the merchandise they're pushing). 50 is probably an accurate #, but a lot of times the package claims 1000, 10000, or some other silly impressive #, and then has multiple menu entries for each game and if they're creative they have the games start with a wrong pallete so it LOOKS diffrent(and festeringly ugly).

To the best of my knowledge the only non-Gameboy portable system that's ACTUALLY legal is the chinese iCue.

Nintendo basically shoved an N64 into a Dreamcast controller, and made it use standard SmartMedia cards for games.

The intent behind Nintendo's first official release in China is to undercut the pirates. They can ask a buck or 2 to rewrite the flash RAM cards, and it's pure profit. The pirates have to actually manufacture cartridges or CDs, which costs money. All Nintendo's real costs are in the initial hardware purchase.

Basically a case of if they can't beat piracy legally, they'll do it economically.

The odds of an iCue or similar device ever making it to America are zip, BTW.

Just like we never got the FamiCom Disk System or Nintendo Power flash carts(not to be confused with the american magazine of the same name). They don't want cheap games available here.

No those weren't on it's menu. I saw the menu and played a couple so the 76 games were there.

Dig dug and Donkey Kong jr. were some others but.... oh well, When I go there again I'll look at the box or ask the sales guy if nintendo licensed it all.

You expect an honest answer?

I can almost GUARANTEE he won't say "Nope, this is a 100% illegal product, but we're selling it anyways."

They need more than a Nintendo license anyways(as if Nintendo WOULD license their software out for distribution).

Each and every title on it has to be licensed from it's creator.

And while SNK doesn't care about Iron Tank, Konami will be VERY interested in collecting royalties for Contra.

The entire price tag of that thing should be made of licensing fees, in all honesty.