Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 3/16/2024 at 2:32 PM, shazam said:

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Koska Reeves 1/6 scale Hot Toys Action Figure

Koska1asm.jpg.e50b6786f40c36dbd0e29e3cd1bbf41c.jpg

That headsculpt looks so real, it’s a bit creepy the way it’s hanging out in that box. 

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That headsculpt looks so real, it’s a bit creepy the way it’s hanging out in that box. 

I am very impressed with the likeness for the Koska Reeves head sculpt. Really happy with this figure for what is offered and not complaining about the single knee and elbow joints.  

Edited by shazam

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

7C3B57BD-DAFE-4518-8395-6AD654635599.jpeg.96cc315d6ea0f1a1a139b663ac03691a.jpeg

DX VF-1S DYRL Hikaru.

F2505D3F-6E00-44E7-AB2E-57443CDABDAB.jpeg

Nice purchase with the Hikaru VF-1S and the strike set from the other day.

7 hours ago, MKT said:

Always wanted a Morrigan over the years, so am pretty happy Pop Up Parade made one recently.

POPMorriganboxNRMnt.jpg.f359fc8325c50f4672c1f1de38363a75.jpg

You can't go wrong with getting a Morrigan. I am looking forward to getting the Storm Collectibles Morrigan figure.

WsrqzMqDDEsQVsdaMEn_M4KGAljQLXPX5s_Feupk

This looks like a great figure as well>

https://sugotoys.com.au/product/f4fdma23123196/

X4cRtWDESA0b9lHKUGVplIx0-SmEqzZpU__mtLzh

Edited by shazam

9 hours ago, shazam said:

You can't go wrong with getting a Morrigan. I am looking forward to getting the Storm Collectibles Morrigan figure.

WsrqzMqDDEsQVsdaMEn_M4KGAljQLXPX5s_Feupk

This looks like a great figure as well>

https://sugotoys.com.au/product/f4fdma23123196/

X4cRtWDESA0b9lHKUGVplIx0-SmEqzZpU__mtLzh

Great that there are more choices for Morrigan now. Prior to this I thought of getting the Kotobukiya bishoujo version, but Pop Up Parade happen to announce theirs & I thought I’ll save a bit to have a decent representation of her.

Likely will get Lilith too to pair them up & then am done (hopefully!) with Darkstalkers. Fighting games was such a big part of my younger days so am just aiming to have a piece or two here & there from various titles.

7 hours ago, Zeliard said:

Now U need a Mai Shirouni

Haha I am actually tempted to get one. Again the Kotobukiya one looks great, but Pop Up Parade will also be releasing her in a few months. Though, I don’t much like her sculpt - details looks a bit too soft even for a budget figure so am holding back.

Might change mind later..

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Great that there are more choices for Morrigan now. Prior to this I thought of getting the Kotobukiya bishoujo version, but Pop Up Parade happen to announce theirs & I thought I’ll save a bit to have a decent representation of her.

Likely will get Lilith too to pair them up & then am done (hopefully!) with Darkstalkers. Fighting games was such a big part of my younger days so am just aiming to have a piece or two here & there from various titles.

Haha I am actually tempted to get one. Again the Kotobukiya one looks great, but Pop Up Parade will also be releasing her in a few months. Though, I don’t much like her sculpt - details looks a bit too soft even for a budget figure so am holding back.

Might change mind later..

The Kotobukiya Bishoujo Morrigan is a great figure.

0000331364_3.jpg

I had one of the old Banpresto Morrigon figures and the Moby Dick Capcom Queens Morrigan figures years ago which I parted with. 

Photo-65.jpg.df852edd7a8cb9cd70caf3f88271cd5b.jpgPhoto-66.jpg.851950652307c20a8059abffb591048a.jpg

s-l1600(2).jpg.1af3c186b26010f86d5d0280270069eb.jpg

Edited by shazam

6 hours ago, scand said:

I have a very shortlist of Anime that I'm a fan of... But GUYVEEEEEEEEEEEER!

guyver.jpg

Great purchase on your Guyver. I am a big fan myself. 

Photo-90.jpg

13 hours ago, scand said:

One day i am gonna give in and get that Klan Klan.

Fun fact, that kit is unironically one of the most sturdy renditions of a VF-25 with super packs you can get. :lol:  Proportions are a little weird due to the way it's designed to transform and support the figure, but it's not bad at all.

It also builds up into a pretty decent figure of Klan herself (and it's great she can just wear the super packs like in the series), but I think the proportions and face wind up making her look more like a mid-point between her older and younger selves.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:34 AM, shazam said:

Takatoku Toys - Orguss Orgroid 1/40 scale variable diecast figure (green cockpit version)

Orguss 1a sm.jpg

Orguss 2a sm.jpg

The thing about vintage Ogroids, is that purely by looks they aren't much outdated compared to modern versions. This is unlike the chunky VF-1 or the Gakken Legiosses...

4 hours ago, MKT said:

The thing about vintage Ogroids, is that purely by looks they aren't much outdated compared to modern versions. This is unlike the chunky VF-1 or the Gakken Legiosses...

Agreed! The Orgroid is a design that complements many other designs of that era and still looks amazing in this day and age.

Bandai Tamashii SPEC Products - Neon Genesis Evangelion Unit 1 (XS-03) and Unit 2 (XS-08)

Evangelion1asm.jpg.52ec3756d755401e7b09b3a966c56ff4.jpg

Evangelion Unit 1 (XS-03)

Evangelion1bsm.jpg.97e5860cc026ee6e773e14e6c2da6685.jpg

Evangelion Unit 2 (XS-08)

Evangelion1csm.jpg.42862ed3e2dc9c4448aad483aaee8cb8.jpg

Edited by shazam

On 3/24/2024 at 5:09 PM, shazam said:

Agreed! The Orgroid is a design that complements many other designs of that era and still looks amazing in this day and age.

an underrated toy.  I have virtually all of the Takatoku versions (1/100, 1/60, 1/40) and am quickly becoming one of those quirky Orguss collectors who collects every curiosity ever made of the line.  I think I even have a kite somewhere, or wanted to get one.  You know, table cloths, napkins and the like.   Well, maybe haven't gone that far.  But a big Orguss fan nonetheless.

18 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

an underrated toy.  I have virtually all of the Takatoku versions (1/100, 1/60, 1/40) and am quickly becoming one of those quirky Orguss collectors who collects every curiosity ever made of the line.  I think I even have a kite somewhere, or wanted to get one.  You know, table cloths, napkins and the like.   Well, maybe haven't gone that far.  But a big Orguss fan nonetheless.

I have always liked the Orgroid design. It's great to know that you have collected most if not all of the Takatoku Toys as well as many other products from the past. They are certainly harder to come across these days. I like that Megahouse is re-releasing the Orgroid. I am still chasing down the Bandai Hi-Metal Orgroid as well. I should of got one when they first come out. One of my favorite anime intros of all time is from Orguss 2.

1 hour ago, shazam said:

I have always liked the Orgroid design. It's great to know that you have collected most if not all of the Takatoku Toys as well as many other products from the past. They are certainly harder to come across these days. I like that Megahouse is re-releasing the Orgroid. I am still chasing down the Bandai Hi-Metal Orgroid as well. I should of got one when they first come out. One of my favorite anime intros of all time is from Orguss 2.

I can't take credit for that level of collecting I suggested in the first post.  I think I actually stopped at the kite and realized that all of the successive granular levels of collecting, all the way down to the Mark Robo and Select Convertors versions of the Orguss Orgroid, was just getting out of hand, and my instinct to grab the kite was the last straw.  My natural survival instinct as a collector-cum-drug addict kicked in and I just stopped.  It's been my one saving grace as a human being preventing me from falling into the pits of financial despair, whilst preventing a great collection from materializing.  Alas, we have to live.

Like the intro.  Nothing beats 80's anime.  I look at even some of the 80's cartoons like Thundercats, GI Joe and Tformers, and they're peerless.  Nothing beats that Thundercats intro.  Maybe Silverhawks does.

4 hours ago, shazam said:

Off the subject a little, but this OP is.. probably one of the most bizarre pieces of music I've ever heard, and I'm wondering if it's just me?  It sounds like two or three separate songs, all in different key signatures and styles, playing over each other.  I honestly cannot pick out a melody. :blink: 

Edit: Oh, I'm reading it's by Yoko Kanno.. that explains it a bit. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Off the subject a little, but this OP is.. probably one of the most bizarre pieces of music I've ever heard, and I'm wondering if it's just me?  It sounds like two or three separate songs, all in different key signatures and styles, playing over each other.  I honestly cannot pick out a melody. :blink: 

Edit: Oh, I'm reading it's by Yoko Kanno.. that explains it a bit. :lol: 

You got it! 😅

Missing Link Optimus Prime toy deco in KO G1 box. Couldn't source a pristine genuine G1 box, unfortunately. Best I could do. This thing makes me so happy.

(Yes, I have the TV color version opened, with the KO trailer.)

OP40.jpg