Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I count those as MP. The white 11's are nice though.

It's just all the valks with speakers, dude playing guitar whilst flying etc. ignorance is bliss.

Yeah.. I don't collect plus either and I get them confused. The two shows that shall not be named. hehe. Except for VF-11 :D

Question for those of you with slowly growing stacks of boxes (those of you who keep them).. How exactly do you stack them? And how high do you go?

I'm just curious because I recently came to the realization that I have a crapload of valks stacked up in my closet. Fortunately, both the Yamato/Arcadia and Bandai boxes tend to be designed so they can be stacked in different directions, and still come out roughly evenly stacked.

I used to have all the boxes stacked laying face up, in tall piles, but noticed that the boxes were bulging out. Not a huge concern I guess, considering the internal reinforcement in the boxes (especially the big styrofoam blocks in the Bandai ones). But I got curious, and now have a bunch of the boxes stacked vertically and reinforced with one flat box after every vertical layer.. it's definitely a real-life Tetris situation.

The bigger question though.. how high would people recommend stacking? I have the boxes filling a closet, and try to keep the occupied ones near the bottom, but they're stacked upwards of 6 ft high in there. I'm not overly concerned, because the packages are meant to be shippable, but I'd hate to open the closet and find the boxes have collapsed, and wind up with a bunch of destroyed valks.

Here's how I have mine stored. Most of my collection is Frontier Valks so the boxes are pretty much the same size. I have all my Valks boxes stacked 2 x 5 or 2 x4 horizontally in a larger outer box (group) which hold them in place. I stack the groups 3 high, the outer box keeps the boxes from falling apart from one another, so you can stack them higher. Here's a graphic I made, hopefully this helps give you some ideas. :)

post-23462-0-76307500-1405711775_thumb.png

Edited by Saburo

Ah, yeah, the outer boxes might be a nice structural thing, but I don't know if I'd have the room. Everything fits pretty snug right now. :lol:

I probably just need a house instead of an apartment (I'd actually have the room to display some too then).

One thing I have considered to save space is to take a bunch of the VF-1s out of their boxes, stack the trays inside a thicker box (like a fast pack bundle), collapse the individual boxes, and then partially disassemble a bunch of valks to pack them in styrofoam. The VF-1s take up much less room if you fold them up and remove the nose.

Ah, yeah, the outer boxes might be a nice structural thing, but I don't know if I'd have the room. Everything fits pretty snug right now. :lol:

I probably just need a house instead of an apartment (I'd actually have the room to display some too then).

One thing I have considered to save space is to take a bunch of the VF-1s out of their boxes, stack the trays inside a thicker box (like a fast pack bundle), collapse the individual boxes, and then partially disassemble a bunch of valks to pack them in styrofoam. The VF-1s take up much less room if you fold them up and remove the nose.

Yes the outer box helps a lot for structural support and a bit of protection.

My collection is not huge and I will probably be going through the same expansion pains as you down the road. I am in an apartment too, but I do have lots of closet space and that will eventually run out too.

Sounds like your solution will work well but If you need to make space, you can sell stuff to me. I am just looking for Super/Strike parts for a VF-1S. :)

Edited by Saburo

Nice. I need to get a mirrored surface like that :D What do you use?

I got my valks from beta, my god sigma, AND my VF-1D today... and my building manager didn't call me... Totally forgot to call her.

So they are locked up until tomorrow.

So bummed haha

I got my valks from beta, my god sigma, AND my VF-1D today... and my building manager didn't call me... Totally forgot to call her.

So bummed haha

Sooo close yet so far... I have been in those situations where my shipment is locked in the building office.

Finally got myself a Yamato VF-1S. :D Now the hunt begins for more...

Battroid, Battroid, Battroid!

Nice pics Saburo. B))

So bummed haha

Or get home from work or whatever and they've already closed. Had that happen a few times, and it sucked each and every one of them.

-b.

Battroid, Battroid, Battroid!

Nice pics Saburo. B))

Or get home from work or whatever and they've already closed. Had that happen a few times, and it sucked each and every one of them.

-b.

Thanks Kaneda! I can transform any of the Bandai Valk no problem now, but I am too chicken to transform this VF-1S at the moment. I don't want to dive into the water, so I am going to find a transformation video first. I am pretty sure Jenius has one.

There was one instance the property manager waved to me as I as coming home as she was driving away. "Nooooooo... my stuff!"

great valk

Yes, it is. I am kicking myself now. Why didn't I get into collecting 3 years ago. :(

Edited by Saburo

I have a transformation vid. It's for the virgin road but it's the same thing.

I think.. it's the highest quality one on youtube for the vf-1, but I could be wrong.

Not the most intricate but I hit the rough spots I think.

I have a transformation vid. It's for the virgin road but it's the same thing.

I think.. it's the highest quality one on youtube for the vf-1, but I could be wrong.

Not the most intricate but I hit the rough spots I think.

Thanks Gakken! Watching now... lets see if I can work up the courage. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Says the guy with 80 of them.

But agreed, the VF-1S is about as iconic as it gets.

-b.

i think you're winning in the vf-25F dept B))

How could I not notice your new arrival? My Phone was blowing up with all the notifications.
Anyway, its a Nice find! If you cant get the rest of Vermillion, just having Hikaru's VF-1J makes a nice companion to it.

How could I not notice your new arrival? My Phone was blowing up with all the notifications.

Anyway, its a Nice find! If you cant get the rest of Vermillion, just having Hikaru's VF-1J makes a nice companion to it.

Haha.. oops.. sorry about that. I figured post to macrossmonday and let you know. :) I am compiling a list of VF-1 variants I want and its going to a fun hunt. :wacko:

Haha.. oops.. sorry about that. I figured post to macrossmonday and let you know. :) I am compiling a list of VF-1 variants I want and its going to a fun hunt. :wacko:

I'm sure your wallet is thrilled to hear it.

I'm sure your wallet is thrilled to hear it.

Shhhh... I haven't sprung the news to my wallet yet. ;)

Gorgeous photos as always Saburo!! Lovely Valkyrie!

Thank you spanner76, I can't believe I didn't get a VF-1 earlier, its so nice to look at.

Shhhh... I haven't sprung the news to my wallet yet. ;)

Thank you spanner76, I can't believe I didn't get a VF-1 earlier, its so nice to look at.

hehe! My wallet left me long ago and my bank account has already filed for divorce!

Saburo that's why the VF-1 is my all time favorite Valkyrie!