Finally, Escaflowne arrives in US

CID

That is soo Sweeet!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my email from Kevin @ Valkyrie-Exchange telling me is already on my way.

This will be the best X'mas for my wife, she loved Escaflowne a lot and it makes a good adittion to the DVD Box set i got her.

Thanks, Kevin

:D

Hey Kevin, Have you got the Japanese or US version?

If it's the US version, does it come with English language instructions?

Graham

From what Toycom mentioned, the Japan and US versions ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. He even said it is likely from the same production run.

Graham if you need one let me know.

-K

Graham

From what Toycom mentioned, the Japan and US versions ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. He even said it is likely from the same production run.

-K

I think Graham's trying to ask if the Escaflowne's you're selling is a domestic Toycom, or an Imported Yamato (Cause he wants directions in English.) Forgive me if it's not the case, Graham

Graham

-K

I think Graham's trying to ask if the Escaflowne's you're selling is a domestic Toycom, or an Imported Yamato (Cause he wants directions in English.) Forgive me if it's not the case, Graham

he knows. if it;s the saem production run and is the same it means the isntructiosn are bilingual. The enterprise model form bandai was. ithad both japense and english instructions.

Graham

I got the Japanese version and the manual already have both English and Japanese Instruction, so it is a safe bet that The US version will have the same booklet too.

As for the toy itself it has diecast legs and the top part of the chest that becomes the head.

The cape is a good touch though it is too heavy for the shoulders to handle it if it is lifted up, cape is only good when layed on the ground. It might have been better if it has another connection in the middle.

Redeeming factor though is the dragon mode, diecast parts and that the toy is weathered.

I'll probably transform it once, and then leave it in Guymelef mode permanently after that.

How is the balance on the toy? Will it be able to pose decently?

How tall is it in robot mode? Any size comparison pics available? Are there any metal parts? It looks really good, but fragile in that Yamato YF-19 v.1 sorta way...

After a little research, I guess I can answer some of my own questions. I read that it's about 8" tall and has some diecast parts, but I'd still like to see some comparison pics and know what parts are diecast exactly.

Edited by Sephiroth

How tall is it in robot mode? Any size comparison pics available? Are there any metal parts? It looks really good, but fragile in that Yamato YF-19 v.1 sorta way...

After a little research, I guess I can answer some of my own questions. I read that it's about 8" tall and has some diecast parts, but I'd still like to see some comparison pics and know what parts are diecast exactly.

Basically only the dragon head (part of upper chest) and the legs are made of die cast, the rest are plastic. The toy is actually sturdy even if it does not look like it.

Here is a comparison pic on dragon mode (courtesy of greattoys).

post-26-1072020379_thumb.jpg

How tall is it in robot mode? Any size comparison pics available?  Are there any metal parts?  It looks really good, but fragile in that Yamato YF-19 v.1 sorta way...

After a little research, I guess I can answer some of my own questions.  I read that it's about 8" tall and has some diecast parts, but I'd still like to see some comparison pics and know what parts are diecast exactly.

Basically only the dragon head (part of upper chest) and the legs are made of die cast, the rest are plastic. The toy is actually sturdy even if it does not look like it.

Here is a comparison pic on dragon mode (courtesy of greattoys).

Thats it next to a 1/60th right? Tell me thats a 1/60th its next to.

Yep, that is 1/48

The dragon mode is loooonggggg!!!!

The first transformation took me over 40 mins to transform, compare to 10 mins to transform Yammi Valk w/ Japanese instruction booklete. However, after transformation. I can't say enough, it is "Amazing" :o:o:o:o .

Since, I own mostly Macross, Gundam, Mazinger, and three tranformers, I might be overly suprised at this item. However, I give new respect to Yamato for its Escawflowne. It is amazing....

Yep, that is 1/48

The dragon mode is loooonggggg!!!!

The first transformation took me over 40 mins to transform, compare to 10 mins to transform Yammi Valk w/ Japanese instruction booklete. However, after transformation. I can't say enough, it is "Amazing" :o:o:o:o .

Since, I own mostly Macross, Gundam, Mazinger, and three tranformers, I might be overly suprised at this item. However, I give new respect to Yamato for its Escawflowne. It is amazing....

did you notice how muhc a pain certian parts wehre. like putting it on it;s stand. I had to remove the legs to put them firmly on the stand then reattache the bodey to it.

it is a LONg toy. even when th edragon is fully purched. if you lay it down flat i;s alot longer.

I have it on my monitor now. it look s awsome.

did you notice how muhc a pain certian parts wehre. like putting it on it;s stand. I had to remove the legs to put them firmly on the stand then reattache the bodey to it.

it is a LONg toy. even when th edragon is fully purched. if you lay it down flat i;s alot longer.

I have it on my monitor now. it look s awsome.

Yes, that is one of the reason it took so long (Taking a part out them putting it back on).

As for the stand, I only have one leg attached to it, another leg is just standing on it without being secured (It was pain to get one leg in to peg).

However, after all that work, it becomes amazing piece of work.

Graham

-K

Kevin, thanks for the offer, but I've had a pre-production version for about 2 months already, so I don't need one :)

The reason I asked about the English language instruction, is because I wrote them for Yamato and wanted to know whether they had used them or not.

And yes before you all start complaining, I know the instructions aren't all that clear, but that's beacuse I basically had to follow the order of the photos which had already been taken by Japan. if it was up to me, I would have taken all new photos and also slightly changed the sequence for transforming.

Graham

wow, looks like alot of people bought this one already. How about some pix? And one question, can the sword go on the back of the figure like in the cartoon? Thanx

wow, looks like alot of people bought this one already. How about some pix? And one question, can the sword go on the back of the figure like in the cartoon? Thanx

No, the sword can't go in the back. the toy comes with a seperate sword hilt that you plug into the back in robot mode.

Graham

Looks very nice. I always think it is an excellent piece of engineering :ph34r:

The designer must have flip flop his/her brain to come up with that kind of transformation.

Too bad the Escaflowne does not come with the rider in the dragon mode. ;)

Edited by rnurmin

All right! Got mine in today. Thanks, Kevin!

Here are some box pics:

post-26-1072152325_thumb.jpg