VF-1S in cannon fodder brown...

GMK

Looking to do something a little different with my 3D printed VF-1S DYRL? head. Was considering a 'low-key' ace/commander that retained the CF brown as he progressed through the ranks.

Any pics of a -1S head in CF brown out & about? Mr March?

Greg

Never seen any pics of such a VF-1S and I don't personally have one in my own custom collection, but perhaps I can build one. I'm currently building a new VF-11C Protect Armor, but perhaps while I'm working on that project I can bounce between it and a CF VF-1S. No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

Yes, the VF-11C Protect Armor is an official in-universe mecha. It's from the 1994 Macross 7 TV series. The current profile I have for it can be found here:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macross7/vf-11c-protectarmor.htm

I've been building a large amount of improved content for my website, both by adding trivia from the Macross Chronicle but mostly by improving the mecha art with new scans and improved colors/shading. That's what I'm doing with the VF-11C Protect Armor right now. I've been inspired after seeing the new VF-11C art in the latest issue of the Macross Chronicle :)

So this past week has been unusually productive. In addition to my new VF-11C Protect Armor, I completed your VF-1S Cannon Fodder. Since I was building the CF version anyway, I scanned new VF-1S Battroid line art and decided to revise the original Roy colors as well. I'll save the full VF-11C Protect Armor for the next update to my website, but I'll post a small thumbnail preview as a teaser. Enjoy! :)

post-114-0-82312500-1375411466_thumb.gif

post-114-0-47116800-1375411491_thumb.gif

post-114-0-72605300-1375411507.gif

So this past week has been unusually productive. In addition to my new VF-11C Protect Armor, I completed your VF-1S Cannon Fodder. Since I was building the CF version anyway, I scanned new VF-1S Battroid line art and decided to revise the original Roy colors as well. I'll save the full VF-11C Protect Armor for the next update to my website, but I'll post a small thumbnail preview as a teaser. Enjoy! :)

Eagerly anticipating your update!!!!

I would call an S head completely brown unremarkable, personally.

Yep, which was the basis of the idea I had. Essentially a VF-1S that looks the same as any other CF -1A: except for the fact that its piloted by an ace & leader....

VF-15 Banshee
Yeah, the VF-11C Protect Armor turned out really well. It has good colors to achieve that 3D effect with the light and shading.

GMK
You're welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

Ignacio Ocamica
You and me both. There's lots of material in the next update, I just have to finish it all to make it presentable. There are a lot of mecha done in the enhanced colors like the VF-11C Protect Armor above and I've even gone back to revise a bunch of the common vehicles. New art presented in the enhanced style to look forward to include the Destroid Monster Mk I, the VF-0S Phoenix PWS-0X Reactive Armor, the VF-1D Valkyrie, the VF-1J GBP-1S "Armored" Valkyrie (both TV and Film), QF-3000E Ghost, the SDF-1 Macross (Film Version), the X-9 Ghost, the VF-19F/S Excalibur, the Varauta mecha, and the VB-6 König Monster.

Mommar
I tend to agree in some respects I'm not a huge fan of this CF version of the VF-1S Valkyrie. The black striping just does not go well with the brown hull. But if that black striping was removed, it might look better. Still, building this custom was an interesting experiment and a good excuse to update the Roy VF-1S Battroid :)

looks good.....perhaps a white stripe above the black chest stripe and white skull and cross bones would help tone down the amount of "cannon fodder brown"....and would mimic the VF-1S "Roy" paint scheme

Mommar

I tend to agree in some respects I'm not a huge fan of this CF version of the VF-1S Valkyrie. The black striping just does not go well with the brown hull. But if that black striping was removed, it might look better.

I agree - I'm considering building one of my Wave 1/100 kits in this scheme: it'll be exactly the same as a CF -1A, just with a -1S head.

Thanks again

I'm not sure it's an improvement but the back story behind this guy is he kept the CF color but is a commanding officer so there should still be yellow striping on it too. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be an improvement. I like the idea of the bit right beneath the collar being white.

Edited by Mommar

he kept the CF color but is a commanding officer so there should still be yellow striping on it too.

Not sure about the correlation between yellow and the commander? For example, Hikaru retained red accents on DYRL? I'm going solid CF Brown & white.