Macross Zero Soundtrack Vol. 1

Chuey

Hey folks,

As music goes, I really enjoy soundtracks (John Williams, John Barry, Hans Zimmer, etc) and I own a few Macross Plus soundtracks. I see on quite a few websites through Google that Sonmay has released a Volume 1 soundtrack. To those who have a copy or have heard it, what is on it and how do you like it?

Macross Zero Vol. 1 at Discount Anime DVD

Thanks for those who can help out. :)

Well to start, it's not going to be Macross Plus orchestral goodness, this cd's a whole different animal. It's sound is reminiscint of if Hans Zimmer/Media Ventures were doing a Pacific Island picture with a tribal feel along with small orchestra. It really is a case of "did you like what you heard in the anime?" cause I'd listen to clips before getting it (course it is $10, but boots really don't do justice to the real thing's quality) If I search I can find a track list/review I did on the old boards.

What would you like to know specifically? I have the cd and enjoy it immensly.

As far as the track go:

1 Life Song

2 ARKAN~part 1~

3 VF-Zero

4 Tori no Hito (Bird Man)

5 Sky Shine

6 Forest Song

7 Welcome

8 Hirobi no Kaze (Wind of Destruction)

9 Kaisei (Sacred Ocean)

10 counter clockwise

11 crack radio

12 MAO

13 Totem Spell

14 GAN BORA

15 Prayer

16 MAYAN

17 ARKAN~part 2~

My translations of the Japanese song titles are very rough, so if they're inaccurate, pleas forgive me.

I strongly suggest that any true Macross fan who wants to buy this CD purchase the original (it can be ordered online through several stores) and thus support Big West, rather than buying the Sonmay version which as far as I know is an unlicensed bootleg.

Look at it this way. Macross has to make money for BW. If it does not make money, BW will not consider releasing future Macross animes.

A large part of the income for an anime franchise comes from merchandise royalties. Thus by buying bootlegs you are taking money away from BW and lowering the chance of more Macross being made.

Graham

I strongly suggest that any true Macross fan who wants to buy this CD purchase the original (it can be ordered online through several stores) and thus support Big West, rather than buying the Sonmay version which as far as I know is an unlicensed bootleg.

Look at it this way. Macross has to make money for BW. If it does not make money, BW will not consider releasing future Macross animes.

A large part of the income for an anime franchise comes from merchandise royalties. Thus by buying bootlegs you are taking money away from BW and lowering the chance of more Macross being made.

Graham

Yep,

but there is also the problem of not being able to identify which version is it if bought brom ebay for ex.

and a lot of e-shops that has the original one doesn't allow payment from my country :(

up 'till now I found only 1!!! shop that allows paying from here + ships here :blink:

:o My apologies, I did not realize that Sonmay was illegally distributing someone else's work. I did not dig deeper when I was doing my search. Any way, you guys have answered my question and I have determined that I will seek out a copy of the soundtrack.

Graham

Is it BigWest or Victor that profits from the soundtrack?

fwiw, the MZero soundtrack ain't all that. It's pretty mediocre stuff. You'll be better off getting Evangelion CDs.

Edited by treatment

Is it BigWest or Victor that profits from the soundtrack?

fwiw, the MZero soundtrack ain't all that. It's pretty mediocre stuff.  You'll be better off getting Evangelion CDs.

Depends on the terms and conditions of the licensing agreement, but usually both parties will profit.

If you like Zero but don't like Eva, then why buy an Eva CD? :o

The Zero OST is not the greatest soundtrack. It's certainly not as good IMO as the music from SDF, DYRL, M+ & M7. However, after repeated listenings, it is growing on me (like a bad rash?). :p

Graham