FFXI Christmas Spectacular!

Vostok 7

So today was the start of the Christmas special event in FFXI. It's pretty cool, decorations everywhere and Moogle's handing out stuff.

I got on and got some screenshots from Bastok (Alexsandr my lvl 10 warrior) and San d'Oria (Aleksandra my lvl 5 warrior), as well as a group shot with Yohsho (Seraphae, Red Mage) :lol:

Abombz, eat your heart out :p:lol::ph34r: (I'll try to get something good for ya :D )

ss17.jpg

ss14.jpg

ss11.jpg

ss10.jpg

ss9.jpg

ss8.jpg

ss6.jpg

ss3.jpg

Sorry they're so tiny. For some reason, it won't take screenshots any bigger that I can tell :(

Yohsho will post his picts soon!

Vostok 7

:cool:

Do the servers have events for special holidays? Were there dressed up Chocobo's for Halloween?

BTW.....this is the PC version right? Is it pretty easy to obtain these gift's from the moogles?

BTW.....Vostok 7. Your Lvl 5 female has nice thick thighs. :D

All the servers get the same holidays. The Mogs weren't dressed up for Halloween, but they did give out Halloween gear. PC version, yes. Just select the mog and press enter, easy enough. Just a pain waiting to get stuff.

Far better then the Christmas events that Everquest had. Though their Halloween events were nice, especially when every zone was over run with undead, even newbie zones for the young ones to take them on. But that was about it other then it snowing in every zone where it had no business snowing like the Ro zones or the Greater Faydark zone.

This looks pretty good though. Though would be interested to see things for myself. I really hope I can get my hands on a copy of this game after finals(will be done by Thursday). I'd really like to see how far I could advance my character in a month(the length of my break) by playing everyday for maybe several hours a day.

Edited by Effect

This looks pretty good though. Though would be interested to see things for myself. I really hope I can get my hands on a copy of this game after finals(will be done by Thursday). I'd really like to see how far I could advance my character in a month(the length of my break) by playing everyday for maybe several hours a day.

It really depends on what class you plan on playing as. I met a white mage once, she was level 13. The next day she was already lv 20. :blink:

Took me around 1 day or so of approximetly 8 hours of play time to reach lv 10. And a little over that to reach lv 14. Now... you try ti get into parties "aggressively" you might be able to get through 1 class and start a second one. :)

Usually I party when I have a good amount of time and know I won't be bothered by real life things. I might group a lot since being familiar with tons of Final Fantasy material and fantasy mmorpgs it should take to the game pretty easily. The setups are all the same when you really get down to it. Just getting used to to the cities and the land maybe take some time but not to long, I'm pretty good with that type of thing usually. Might be forced to download maps to make things go easier.

Usually I party when I have a good amount of time and know I won't be bothered by real life things. I might group a lot since being familiar with tons of Final Fantasy material and fantasy mmorpgs it should take to the game pretty easily. The setups are all the same when you really get down to it. Just getting used to to the cities and the land maybe take some time but not to long, I'm pretty good with that type of thing usually. Might be forced to download maps to make things go easier.

Well.... most ppl don't like to party untill they are around lv10 as anything under that won't give you enough xp to lv up fast enough.

As for getting used to the cities and landscapes..... theres nothing really to get used to. The game has a map for most of the areas, and you can buy additional ones. And its not like the landscape is barren. You can easily spot a few land marks while traveling around. :)

That's great. True no matter what game I always like to solo those low levels myself. :D Honestly I'd like to become a Paladin(I loved playing this class in games) or even a Dragoon. Cecil and Kain from Final Fantasy 4(US 2) are some of my favorite characters. B))

I would think warrior would be the correct base class to start off as. Or is there something else that needs to be done in order to obtain those ranks? I mean do you get to pick which advance class you want to branch into at a certain level by visiting a certain NPC ala Dark Age of Camelot or does a quest need to be completed?

Edited by Effect

Eat my heart out? For what? This? Even PSO had better Xmas stuff then this crap... and heck... PSO wasn't even an MMORPG. <_<

Someone is jealous. :p:lol:

Why would I be jelous? Is it for the fact that I won't be able to play the game for another month or because FedEx decided it was a good idea to deliver my video card to someone else, therefore cutting any possibility I have of enjoying decent computer gaming over what I consider to be the most painful holiday there is?

What a prick. <_<

Heh, it's kind of funny. Even the avatars you guys have is very christmassy. Especially since Abombz and Vostok have a tendency to keep posting after each other, you look down the line and its just Red Green Red Greed Red Green. :D

av-423.gif

av-360.jpg

av-238.jpg

av-65.jpg

Edited by imode

Why would I be jelous? Is it for the fact that I won't be able to play the game for another month or because FedEx decided it was a good idea to deliver my video card to someone else, therefore cutting any possibility I have of enjoying decent computer gaming over what I consider to be the most painful holiday there is?

What a prick. <_<

I knew this was a bad idea <_< It was yohsho's idea... really! be mad at him!! :D

imode: :lol:

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I'm finally in. Started playing yesterday and the directions are nice. Not great, but pretty good. There could be more though.

Anyway I'm loving the game. After several hours of trial and error(you can't skip past the very opening moments when you create a new character :( ) I finally landed on the Fairy server which I found out was one of the three servers that had the most NA players on it. Ramuh was another one. I said screw it and I wasn't planning on getting to another server. Haven't meet many people in the game, still inthe canyons around Bastok but so far things seem nice. The controls took some time to get used to. I'm using a laptop so I'm using the compact keyboard setting and even then I had to remap commands.

So far I'm a Male Hume, lvl 6 Red Mage and lvl 3 Black Mage. I started off as a Black Mage(during my trail and error) and switched over. Being able to fight and use debuffing spells along with black and white magic is very nice. Far more fun then SWG or the other mmorpg I've played. This maybe the feeling at first but I hope it doesn't fade. I'm going to go for Paladin or Dark Knight as my advance class since they seem the easiest to do.

Dragoon looks like a lot of work but Summoner seems not to bad as well. Though finding enough people to break to lvl 50 cap might take some work but I expect I'll know more people by then if I stick with the game. Hmm maybe hooking up a game controller to the system would make things better control wise.

Edited by Effect

So I logged in this morning and wandered over to the ports of Bastok and see these guys. Travelling entertainers. I know they weren't there last night cuz I was on till about 12.

They appear in the nation currently holding first place. Not suprised to see Bastok in first on your server as well <_<

Ahh, here's the event that we've been waiting for!!!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/n.../news1253.shtml <-- details!

Now on to the juicy stuff, SPAWNPOINTS!

These are a few confirmed locations of the Moogles who will spawn the Treant.

East Ronfaure G-7 or G-8

West Ronfaure H-9

East Sarutabaruta H-8

Jugner G-7

Yutuhnga Jungle F-7 or I-7 (?)

There are many others (not just the 10 they mention), and all battlefields will have a level limit. Areas immediately outside the three major cities will have a battlefield level limit of 20. Level 30 limit areas include Passhow Marshlands, Meriphataud Mountains and Jugner Forest. Level 50 areas include Yutuhnga Jungle, East Altepa and the Beaucedine Glacier.

Rumored level 20 areas include Tahrongi Pass, La Theine Plateau and the Konschtat Highlands.

Rumored level 40 areas include the areas surrounding Jeuno, Batallia Downs, Rolanberry and Sauromogue.

Rumored level 50-60 areas include the Sanctuary of Zi Tah, West Altepa and the Yhoator Jungle.

Happy hunting!

After 4 weeks of waiting.... I logged in to find a few pleasant changes. They were nice enough to remove the whole win button deal. They made the monsters in the initial areas abit tougher so you don't have to travel half the world just to take a gamble at fighting a decent challenge with high defense. :rolleyes:

They also added more stuff to the auction house menus.... nice! I also saw a treant battle. 100 players trying to damage the damn thing, and it wouldn't even budge! 1 attack, and about 20 or them dropped like flys! :o

Got in a party today, pretty nice stuff. Turns out I make a very nice tank. :lol:

Last time I went exploring I wound up losing a lvl. Lesson learned, don't travel alone at lvl 14 through areas with monsters that are tough and higher *sigh* I just hope I can get back through Jugner forest and the La Theiene Plateau without getting killed again. I never should have changed my home point from West Ronfaure.....

Doh, I thought I was gonna be the first to post stuff about the revenge of the Christmas trees, I should try to post some pics later on. Another spawn point is Vomp Hill. I saw pics, its still has lights in it at night.