Banpresto Valks?

VF Strike Valk

They have a tendency to explode. I like them.. But im too impatient. I had the Millia, Max, and Focker set up in a kind of sweet display, all of them looking awesome, but then somehow they fell over and disintigrated into their base components and I said "ah, to hell with it." and gave up, LOL. And that was with like, 3 coats of clear nail polish, LOL.

But theyre still fun. Just put them where nothing could ever knock them down, or you'll have to spend 15 minutes a day fixing em up.

-BEN-MAN-

Even at HLJ's price, its too much for them. They are junk. Probably the worst release of Macross merchandise since this new wave of Macross toys has started. The only Macross toys I ever threw in the garbage...

Even with all the shortcomings...they are still better designed than the MPC's... :lol::blink:

Wouldn't know an MPC. I don't count those dreadful things

For how big they were and how much they were (not even $10 when I got mine) I was fairly impressed with it's posablity. I can put the little thing in poses I can't get my 1/60s in. Sure the joints (especialy the shoulders) are a tad loose and it's next to impossible to get the arm armor pieces on, but a little Testors paint solves that. Best part about these things are that you can put a Gundam's hands in them and have them use those big cannons MS have instead of that little (well little compared to a Dober Gun, or that rifle the Serpent uses) GU-11. And you can also swap the FAST pack pieces.

Got 5 of them. Looks really great especially for the price I paid from the last HLJ sale. :D

For me, I just use sticky tape to tighten the joints. Works pretty well so far. For those planning to get the fast packs ones, best to get the Strike versions as the arm armour is modified slightly compared to the super which helps them to stay on better.

Even at HLJ's price, its too much for them. They are junk. Probably the worst release of Macross merchandise since this new wave of Macross toys has started. The only Macross toys I ever threw in the garbage...

I not only threw mine in the garbage, I tortured them first with drill, hammer, box cuttter and cigarette lighter and then I threw them in the garbage.

Horrible, horrible things and a complete waste of money IMO, although many others will disagree.

Graham

How well ,poseability-wise, do the I-Men robotech set stack up against them? I just saw them over at Valk Exchange and thought I'd pick up a full set IF they are very poseable.

Posability wise, pretty much in the same category as a 1/144 MS kit. Like with the 1/60 you get more posability in the legs if you keep the wings out in battroid mode. And like I said before, I was able to put my Banprestos in poses I couldn't get my 1/60s in.

Edited by Druna Skass

Have 4 non-fp's, well had 4, broke and threw away the Hikaru 1J. I have a CF on my desk at work, and Max and Millia put away. They do have nice detail. Very flimsy though.

I do like how they look in gerwalk.

I not only threw mine in the garbage, I tortured them first with drill, hammer, box cuttter and cigarette lighter and then I threw them in the garbage.

Horrible, horrible things and a complete waste of money IMO, although many others will disagree.

Graham

The only torture I gave was a flight into the wall. Then followed by my foot smashing them. Then one more flight into the garbage can.... 3pts!!

Ah who said I'm almost 30 lol :D

The cool thing is that, since the plastic they use are soft, you can make them to do some really cool poses that even a yamato can't do. For example, the full open attack in DYRL final scene, when you like the pose, just clue everything together.

it rocks for the price.

PS: the strike version has a little tighter joints, but still floppy.

Those are really cool if you whant to make a full wing of VF's for really cheap, they are really crappy and parts fall off easily but the're cool since you can throw them everywhere while making mock battles and not care about their "safety" :lol:

They'd be perfect if they had tighter joints and some die-cast.

But on the whole, I thought they were cool, because no-one else was bothering to make cheap, small-scale valkyries.

They're more fun than 1/60 Yamatos, at least, and the whole head-switching gimmick is a cool novelty, too. Plus they remind me of the old-school pencil sharpener valks of the 80s, aka "The Most Bootlegged Valk Toys Ever".

I hate the bloody FAST pack versions, though. Arm parts have to be taped on.

Edited by Renato

Even with all the shortcomings...they are still better designed than the MPC's... :lol::blink:

I give em equal love. My Fastpacked Armored VF-1J MPC is okonly paid bout 55 bucks for toy and armor. kinda ugly and crap like the Banpresto. But I like em.

Owww, they're not that bad. They're actually kewl and fun. Very poseable. A little loose on the joints, but no biggie. At least for me. ^_^

Wish it had some missiles and a Max-1A and Kakizaki-1A to complete the Skull squadron.

slightly close-up version

yeah. The 1/48 stole Nataku's trident as war-spoils from a previous "encounter". ^_^

post-4-1071857036_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

Owww, they're not that bad. They're actually kewl and fun. Very poseable. A little loose on the joints, but no biggie. At least for me. ^_^

Wish it had some missiles and a Max-1A and Kakizaki-1A to complete the Skull squadron.

yeah. The 1/48 stole Nataku's trident as war-spoils from a previous "encounter". ^_^

Sweet!!! How did you get the armor to stay on?? Mine keeps faling off... <_<

yeah. The 1/48 stole Nataku's trident as war-spoils from a previous "encounter".  ^_^

Sweet!!! How did you get the armor to stay on?? Mine keeps faling off... <_<

The arm-armor pretty much snaps snugly after some repeated attempts before.

If your's keep falling off, you either just need to use some sort of light-glue for permanent-fixture, or just keep at it until the armor gets used to the curvings (around after 3-5 tries, ime).

fwiw, the Hikaru-Strike is the best one coz it's the only one that has the holes for the arm-armor and the whole pack itself fits snugly and tight on first and subsequent tries, unlike my other previous banprestos.

---

rkiyo,

re: Max-1A

Yeah. I seen the pic of the Max-1A before so I know it existed. I'm still hunting it down to this day.

--treatment--

Okay, I'm a pretty big fan of the little buggers. I like they take a little work but overall they aren't that bad with a little paint and glue.

Oh and yes there was a Max 1A in the first series. Somehow I went overboard and got three of them. As for a kakizaki, just get some Testors teal paint and there you go. If I can do it so can you

I'll add my vote for the Banpresto as being the single worst "action figure" I've ever known. The only "action" this figure has is exploding and causing seething anger. Never before has an action figure actually made me want to stab out my own eyes in sheer disdain for its too-numerous-to-list QA/QC problems.

Indeed, as I opened the package, Kawamori appeared behind me Obi-Wan style, and he shed a tear like the indian in a anti-littering commercial.

Holding a Banpresto in your hand as it crumbles into its base molecular structure will make you rue the day you spent the $10 or so on it. Spend the $10 on toothpicks and glue to construct your own Banpresto, for it will surely be a finer specimen than the Banpresto.

Rest assured that they won't even stand up to be shot by a BB gun. I suggest immediate immolation or, as it is crumbling before your eyes, hurtle it against an outdoor wall (to avoid the need of cleaning up its low-quality sub-plastic parts).

You would be better off printing a picture of a battroid off the internet. Even a 2D rendering would have better poseablity and lasting value.

I could go on, but speaking about a Banpresto, much less actually owning one, can cause permanent psychological damage.

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Purchase a Banpresto!