Gundam Seed English Cast

Anubis

Cropping nearly a 3rd of a film from its original aspect ratio isn't a preference, it's hacking it up.

The same goes for dubbing something into another language!

Kids & ignorant people who request such things only do so because they're uninformed. If you teach people about things, they'll widen thier horizens. If you let the perpetuated idiocy continue, that's all that they'll get.

Hey some people get annoyed by those bars on widescreen mode. While I have no problem with those and neither do you, but there are people who find it irritating, and would prefer the hack job. But if you want call people who do ignorant, yeah go and be my guest, because I'm not going to bother with something like that. Still I just can't help but see a supiriority complex in your posts regarding people who don't agree with you, but hey that's beside the point.

OK, uninformed about what? There you go again with the "ignorant people" thing. What of the people who are "informed" yet would rather see a dub. I mean I'm informed about both of them, I watch both, yet sometimes I'd rather watch a dub, like when I'm eating or my brain is too fried from class work.

You think a 4-12 kid with somewhat short attention spans will really give a crap about whether or not something is in it's original language or not? If it can't hold their attention they won't watch it, and I've given some examples of kids who a sub can't hold their attention and I'm sure it's not an isolated case. I mean sure go ahead and inform them, (I mean my friend's done his best "informing" those kids, and they know about subs and all...) but for some people that won't change the fact that they'd rather watch a dub. People who request dubs don't nessesarily do it out of "ignorance" but because they find it more entertaining. And entertainment is the whole point of watching anime isn't it?

You know what screw it, here's the bat, go beat the dead horse all you like, I'm through...

Edited by Druna Skass

<_< all I'm gonna say is this:

WE DON'T KNOW anything about how this dub is going to go through and YET we continue to bash it and previous anime dubbed related products. I've had a friend who loved DBZ, I had some fansubed DBZ stuff, he watched it...he laughed his ass off to the point I had to turn it off, he thought it was some of the lamest stuff he had ever heard. He thought the music was horrible, the voices were gagged and it was just horrible overall, yet he watches the dub and ENJOYS IT, I agree, some dubs are pretty nasty...like Love Hina, DBZ, Clash of the Bionoids...etc...but people chalk it up and go thru life by hitting the "AUDIO" switch...no big deal...

I say, let's wait till we either find sound samples, video clips, or till the final product is released BEFORE we make to many more assumptions...is it that difficult to do?

Chances are a 4-6 year old isn't going to be watching Gundam Seed, or carring what language it's in if they did. Anyone older than than is old enough to read!

And seriously, who has the supeirority complex. Someone who expects a product to be presented in its original form, or someone who expects a product to be changed to appeal to ignorant bias's (and not liking something because it's in its original language, or its original aspect ratio is an ignorant bias).

There are no bars on the freakin' top or bottom, and why such people believe that anyone would crop the top & bottom off of a picture boggles the mind (while it does happen in rare case's to "fake" a widescreen effect, that's a whole other conversation).

<_< all I'm gonna say is this:

WE DON'T KNOW anything about how this dub is going to go through and YET we continue to bash it and previous anime dubbed related products. I've had a friend who loved DBZ, I had some fansubed DBZ stuff, he watched it...he laughed his ass off to the point I had to turn it off, he thought it was some of the lamest stuff he had ever heard. He thought the music was horrible, the voices were gagged and it was just horrible overall, yet he watches the dub and ENJOYS IT, I agree, some dubs are pretty nasty...like Love Hina, DBZ, Clash of the Bionoids...etc...but people chalk it up and go thru life by hitting the "AUDIO" switch...no big deal...

I say, let's wait till we either find sound samples, video clips, or till the final product is released BEFORE we make to many more assumptions...is it that difficult to do?

That's like waiting for the next episode of jerry springer to be a deep philisophical interlude. Not gonna happen chief.

And seriously, who has the supeirority complex. Someone who expects a product to be presented in its original form, or someone who expects a product to be changed to appeal to ignorant bias's (and not liking something because it's in its original language, or its original aspect ratio is an ignorant bias).

There are no bars on the freakin' top or bottom, and why such people believe that anyone would crop the top & bottom off of a picture boggles the mind (while it does happen in rare case's to "fake" a widescreen effect, that's a whole other conversation).

Who has the superiority complex? He who chastises the idiom of those who want something different (*coughcoughYOUcoughcough*)

You've made it clear how YOU choose to view your anime best... no need to belittle others for what they prefer. Honestly... as long as they aren't watching it with you what does it matter? Give it a rest man.

you really shouldn't complain about english dubs... what are worse are the spanish dubs!! if you want something that's botched up to where you almost don't even know the original meaning of the script then look to those. i'm mexican born in the U.S. but i've lived in mexico for a few years and the dubs there are something to really complain about... it's like listening to the micromachine guy or busta rhymes in spanish! the diolog is way too fast and at times just to the point where you don't know what the hell they're saying. yeah, you get to see more anime in mexico but is it really worth it to listen to wierd/off sounding babling...(at times even the subs were off!) but really, don't complain about dubs it's like complaining over who left the milk out, or your cat's piss smells. it's just something you have to deal with.

watching dubs doesn't make a person "ignorant" it just makes them lazy, and i for one am lazy and proud of it! i am aware of subs and enjoy them just as much as dubs but i usually get too caught up in the action to get the full story down. and besides, how does watching a dub make me anymore "ignorant" than the guy who watches only subs? also, you can't literally translate japanese to english without some kind of interpretation. with that said, wouldn't that mean that the voice actors are just reading the subtitles? my nephew is 6 and enjoys watching gundam seed, but doesn't and can't exactly understand the meanings of the subs. some of the words and concepts are too complicated even for someone with around 12 to 15. another thing, what's the target audience for gundam seed anyways? and i doubt it's the 18 and above crowd. if you don't like dubs then don't watch them!!! it's as easy as that. it's as easy as pushing a ₤@#$in' button on your dvd remote! so get off your little "superiority complex" and just chill! and as Skull Leader said before, there's no need to belittle someone just because they prefer something YOU are against.

-Haro!

p.s. sorry mods for my little rant session; if it falls under "flaming" of an other member.

Well, for me, one of the big annoyances has always been *time*, simply for dubs. Look, fansubbers can digitally sub an ep in a day, and do a better job than most "real" companies. We should be able to buy subbed, official, licensed series very soon after JP gets them. But instead, we have to wait 2 years for it to be dubbed in English, just so we can buy it and watch it subbed. Us "subbers" are waiting a LONG time for DUBS to be made. If they made separate sub and dub releases and released the subs as soon as they were done, that'd be fine. But they don't, and we're always waiting on the dubs. And then there's always "dubtitles".

Who has the superiority complex? He who chastises the idiom of those who want something different (*coughcoughYOUcoughcough*)

You've made it clear how YOU choose to view your anime best... no need to belittle others for what they prefer. Honestly... as long as they aren't watching it with you what does it matter? Give it a rest man.

How is me wanting something "not" to be changed wanting something different? Movies aren't filmed (not theatrical productions at least) in "fullscreen," nor is 99% of anime originally produced with bad english dubs.

How is me wanting something "not" to be changed wanting something different? Movies aren't filmed (not theatrical productions at least) in "fullscreen," nor is 99% of anime originally produced with bad english dubs.

So don't just don't listen to it like most sensible people do and stop being such an elitist snob about it.

You don't want to hear dubs. I don't want to hear dubs. The majority of the anime purchasing public however, do.

It's by YOU speaking down and using a contemptous tone to everyone who doesn't agree with you. OK we know you don't want it changed, fine, that's cool, but there's no need to insult people (yes, some people see getting called ignorant as an insult) who don't completly agree with you. Just because you don't like dubs doesn't make YOU any better than the person who likes dubs.

So like Panon said:

"stop being such an elitist snob about it."

And like the Haro said:

"get off your little "superiority complex" and just chill!"

I didn't say I was better than people who watch dubs, you did. I just said such people are ignorant, never did I make any inclination as to their personal "status" as a human being. Nor have you disproved their ignorance.

There's nothing elitist about it, just simple facts.

I didn't say I was better than people who watch dubs, you did. I just said such people are ignorant, never did I make any inclination as to their personal "status" as a human being. Nor have you disproved their ignorance.

There's nothing elitist about it, just simple facts.

No you didn't flat out say it, but the tones and your statements in your posts indicate it, such as your insistance on labeing those who do not agree with you as "ignorant." And no it's not a fact, but an opinion of yours.

Well I'm done beating this horse for good, it's becomming a waste of time...