My first Yamato!!!

senator02103

Congrats!

Got my first Yamato and first Macross toy last week (VF-19S), and i'm super happy too.

Cant stop fiddling with it.

I feel this is gonna get very expensive...

wallet needs to refill faster!!

Congrats on your first Yamato Valk!

Trust me, these things are addictive. I started out only wanting to buy the MacPlus Valks. That was two years ago, and now I've got a whole wall of shelves dedicated to Macross alone.

Candy to the eyes and nourishing to the soul. The wallet, not so much.

Edited by GU-11

Worth every penny!

P.S. Do you know Yamato has just closed down?

Yeah I heard that, I plan to get my hands on as many as I can...even if I have to pay the giant sums of cash...(VF-0 and the Plus collection here I come...)

Trust me, these things are addictive. I started out only wanting to buy the MacPlus Valks. That was two years ago, and now I've got a whole wall of shelves dedicated to Macross alone.

I have already begun looking into bigger cabinet!.

Congrats!

Got my first Yamato and first Macross toy last week (VF-19S), and i'm super happy too.

Cant stop fiddling with it.

I feel this is gonna get very expensive...

wallet needs to refill faster!!

*high five* another Valk collecting rookie like me!

Hihi, at the moment I'm restraining myself into buying only Macross Frontier Valkyries.

And besides the stuff happening with Yamato/Arcadia at the moment I'm thinking:

The Macross Plus Valkyries are nice and there are only three of them and I really like Plus so why not buy the YF-21, YF-19 and VF-11B.

And then I think DYRL? is the most known part of Macross so a DYRL? Skull Squadron would be nice and that are only four Valkyries right?

Then I think well DYRL? is good and all but I really like the VF-1J from the show so why not buy a Vermilion Squadron only three VFs, oh and an VF-1S for Focker.

On the other hand M7 is probably my favorite Macross show and the VF-17/19 are marvels of engineering and I'm a fan of Max and Milia and that are *count* only five Valks.

But If I'm collecting M7 Valkyries I need the VF-11CF and a Emerald and Diamond Squadron would be nice, and the Fast Packs but then I miss the VF-22S Gamlin type.

And now my collection is only missing the VF-4 and since that was Yamatos masterpiece I should have one....

...and then I realized that I need a better job. *application write*

Yeah I heard that, I plan to get my hands on as many as I can...even if I have to pay the giant sums of cash...(VF-0 and the Plus collection here I come...)

If? That's funny. You *will* spend giant sums of cash if you want to have a decent size collection; particularly given that you just started.

If? That's funny. You *will* spend giant sums of cash if you want to have a decent size collection; particularly given that you just started.

I use the word if...because I want to seem like a have some semblance of self control. (Not that I am fooling anybody.)

I would say be careful of the VF-1. When i decided to get one, it was a Weathering special. Then i got 2 more Weathering versions, a VF-1d, VF-1s , VF-1j, VF-1a mass and i'm eyeing a VF-1a hikaru TV version. All i wanted was a weathered VF-1! :rolleyes:

Yeah...I will admit to the forum that I just went and purchased the following from HK collectibles after my last post:

TV EDITION:
VF1-A Mass Production.
VF1-A Maximillian Version

VF1-A Kakizaki Version

On another note I also purchased a Bandai 1/100 VF2-SS model kit.

Am I the only one who considers the Mass production version awesome...I don't know what it is about the coloring scheme but I like it.

I use the word if...because I want to seem like a have some semblance of self control. (Not that I am fooling anybody.)

LOL. I pretended to have self control for about a week when I got back on this site earlier this year and then all heck broke lose. It took me about another week to accept my problem and then another two to be okay with the fact that my wallet would hate me. The only silver lining is that I'm only doing 1/48 (with a VF-0A/Ghost Booster since I love that valk and it's the same size as the 1/48s) and only the valks that I want. Still, I can't believe what I've spent.

LOL. I pretended to have self control for about a week when I got back on this site earlier this year and then all heck broke lose. It took me about another week to accept my problem and then another two to be okay with the fact that my wallet would hate me. The only silver lining is that I'm only doing 1/48 (with a VF-0A/Ghost Booster since I love that valk and it's the same size as the 1/48s) and only the valks that I want. Still, I can't believe what I've spent.

*Please look at my post, that I posted like not too long before you responded :p*

Wow, that was quick. It look like you've got it even worse than me :D

It appears to be a fever you can't sweat out.

Me to brain: "Don't go crazy with the buying of the Valks!"

Brain: "Must have all the Macross...must have all the Macross before it disappears!."

Am I the only one who considers the Mass production version awesome...I don't know what it is about the coloring scheme but I like it.

Cannon fodder isn't bad, but my favorite schemes are as follows:

(1) Original TH:

mg-oct2002-page-25.jpg

(2) Original Low Vis:

low-vis-1.jpg

(3) VF-0A Unknown Solider with Ghost Booster (this is the Shin version):

gallery_81_482_28598.jpg

(4) Super Stealth:

new-stealth-1.jpg

(5) Low Vis 2 with GBP-1S:

lvgbpnew1.jpg

Yeah...I will admit to the forum that I just went and purchased the following from HK collectibles after my last post:

TV EDITION:

VF1-A Mass Production.

VF1-A Maximillian Version

VF1-A Kakizaki Version

On another note I also purchased a Bandai 1/100 VF2-SS model kit.

Ok so you bought the same as the one i said i was eyeing, and you are even admitting it? You are so green!

Ok so you bought the same as the one i said i was eyeing, and you are even admitting it? You are so green!

You said you were eyeing the Hikaru version... :p

Perhaps your purchase cravings are making you see funny comrade :D

Edited by senator02103

Aww! Baby's first death machine! :)

Welcome to the club! I remember my first one too. So naive to think I only needed one at the time.

Edited by xrentonx

I was just going to get ONE vf-1 since I am a robotech fan. I went here for information. I was just going order the focker vf-1s. Now I have ordered that and the vf-1a, super & strike parts, and vf-1j. The madness! let's see I can stop...

Are we just sharing our stories of our first purchases and how it's screwed us? i bought a DYRL Hikaru 1A and HATED it. It was fiddly, the crotch lock sucked with the Fast Packs on (FYI, they've since fixed that.) I decided everyone who sang Yamato's praises was stupid. Then they started advertising all of Max's Valks. I wound up with his DYRL 1S, SDFM 1A and a few months later is 1J. I've got 18 VF-1's now.

Edited by Mommar

Are we just sharing our stories of our first purchases and how it's screwed us? i bought a DYRL Hikaru 1A and HATED it. It was fiddly, the crotch lock sucked with the Fast Packs on (FYI, they've since fixed that.) I decided everyone who sang Yamato's praises was stupid. Then they started advertising all of Max's Valks. I wound up with his DYRL 1S, SDFM 1A and a few months later is 1J. I've got 18 VF-1's now.

Wow. That escalated quickly...