Z Gundam: AUEG vs Titans

Abombz!!

I'm getting the Japanese version for Christmas. Yay for original voices! Yay for Vagina!

*puts hood over head* exxxxxcellent...it is all going as I have forseen it.

I am sure Bandai will be wheeling out some super-duper Gundam Seed game soon, too, unless they already have and I missed it.

I would love to see a Gundam Sentinel game; if any G series had the makings for a hardcore PS2 mech game, it would be that one. Dibs on the Ex-S.

Bandai already pooped out a gundam seed game. It sucks because it only goes up to like the Alaska incident. It's also a side scroller and painfully easy. Controls are clunky too :p THankfully I only paid 2380 yen for it at the used shop so I don't feel horribly bad about it.

As for Gundam DX 2, woot! It's already on sale here but I'll wait a few weeks for the price to go down or for some used versions ot trickle into the used shop. 5980 yen is a rad steep.

Edited by Duymon

Wow... first the Megaman Collection, now a US release of AEUG vs. Titans... how many more videogames wishes could come true for me...?

Are you sure the Megaman collection is ever coming out? The Japanese release has gotten a confirmation and even box shots. The American version has gotten nothing! :(

Wow... first the Megaman Collection, now a US release of AEUG vs. Titans... how many more videogames wishes could come true for me...?

Are you sure the Megaman collection is ever coming out? The Japanese release has gotten a confirmation and even box shots. The American version has gotten nothing! :(

Pretty sure. GameNOW just featured it. It was exciting news, too, because they reported that Megaman 1-6 will have the original versions AND the Navi versions from the Japanese PlayStation versions.

Speaking of the Japanese versions, all they're getting is the PlayStation Rockman 1-6 in a box with Rockman X7.

Pretty sure. GameNOW just featured it. It was exciting news, too, because they reported that Megaman 1-6 will have the original versions AND the Navi versions from the Japanese PlayStation versions.

Speaking of the Japanese versions, all they're getting is the PlayStation Rockman 1-6 in a box with Rockman X7.

Did they give a release date or anything? Is it still coming out for both GC and PS2? Is it only going to feature MM 1 through 8?

Did they give a release date or anything? Is it still coming out for both GC and PS2? Is it only going to feature MM 1 through 8?

Gamefaqs just says "February," but GameNOW featured it as number four in their monthly "Hot 10," and this month was the January issue. So that leads me to think late January, early February. Although, at work (Gamestop), we don't have any listing for it in the system yet, so we can't reserve it... In any case, they seem kind of far along. (If you're curious, it was beat by Sonic Heroes, Maximo II, and something else I can't remember right now).

The game will feature the following:

Megaman 1-6 (original NES versions and Japanese PSone Navi versions with new lifebars, weapon select screens, remixed music, and hints from Megaman characters)

Megaman 7 (SNES)

Megaman 8 (The huge question is, PlayStation version or Saturn version? We're praying for the Saturn version, so we can fight Cutman and Woodman...)

Megaman: The Power Battle (Arcade)

Megaman 2: The Power Fighters (Arcade)

In addition to the games, I'm hearing that there's going to be a ton of bonus stuff, inlcuding interviews, a history of Megaman, over 50 pieces of original artwork, two full episodes of the US Megaman cartoon, and some other stuff that Capcom is keeping secret for now.

As far as I know, Capcom will release it for both the Gamecube and the PS2. I'm planning to get the PS2 version at the moment, basically for two reasons: first, I like the PS2 controller better. Second, I basically want this to be playable for as long as possible... and PS3 has already been confirmed to be backwards compatible with PS2 games, so I know I'll still be able to play Megaman 3 in 2007. Of course, there's always the chance that Capcom could do something silly, like use the PSone version of Megaman 8 for the PS2 collection, and the Saturn version for the GC... which will probably make a lot of people go Gamecube... but would actually force me to buy both...

Gamefaqs just says "February," but GameNOW featured it as number four in their monthly "Hot 10," and this month was the January issue. So that leads me to think late January, early February. Although, at work (Gamestop), we don't have any listing for it in the system yet, so we can't reserve it... In any case, they seem kind of far along. (If you're curious, it was beat by Sonic Heroes, Maximo II, and something else I can't remember right now).

The game will feature the following:

Megaman 1-6 (original NES versions and Japanese PSone Navi versions with new lifebars, weapon select screens, remixed music, and hints from Megaman characters)

Megaman 7 (SNES)

Megaman 8 (The huge question is, PlayStation version or Saturn version? We're praying for the Saturn version, so we can fight Cutman and Woodman...)

Megaman: The Power Battle (Arcade)

Megaman 2: The Power Fighters (Arcade)

In addition to the games, I'm hearing that there's going to be a ton of bonus stuff, inlcuding interviews, a history of Megaman, over 50 pieces of original artwork, two full episodes of the US Megaman cartoon, and some other stuff that Capcom is keeping secret for now.

As far as I know, Capcom will release it for both the Gamecube and the PS2. I'm planning to get the PS2 version at the moment, basically for two reasons: first, I like the PS2 controller better. Second, I basically want this to be playable for as long as possible... and PS3 has already been confirmed to be backwards compatible with PS2 games, so I know I'll still be able to play Megaman 3 in 2007. Of course, there's always the chance that Capcom could do something silly, like use the PSone version of Megaman 8 for the PS2 collection, and the Saturn version for the GC... which will probably make a lot of people go Gamecube... but would actually force me to buy both...

I wouldn't discart backwards compatibility for the next Nintendo system.... really. Nintendo is well aware that it was what kept the PS2 from drowning in its own poor launch. And considering the GBA had backwards compatibility..... the new system having it is almost a sure thing.

But we all know Nintendo is always so unreasonable and stupid. :rolleyes:

As for AUEG vs Titans.... I sure hope they fixed the Space levels.... because this one is a sure thing of having about a million levels like that. <_<

I wouldn't discart backwards compatibility for the next Nintendo system.... really. Nintendo is well aware that it was what kept the PS2 from drowning in its own poor launch. And considering the GBA had backwards compatibility..... the new system having it is almost a sure thing.

But we all know Nintendo is always so unreasonable and stupid. :rolleyes:

As for AUEG vs Titans.... I sure hope they fixed the Space levels.... because this one is a sure thing of having about a million levels like that. <_<

Yeah, Nintendo hit it right on the head with the GBA. But even while recognizing that carts killed the N64, they still refused to go to the DVD format. If they finally go to DVD now, I don't think it would be impossible for Nintendo's new system to be backwards compatible, but it would definately be more of a challenge. Simple fact, though, is that Nintendo hasn't said anything about backwards compatibility, while Sony has already confirmed that the PS3 will play both PS2 and PSone games, which for me personally makes the PS2 version a safer choice.

If you're anti-PS2, get the GC version. If you're anti-GC, get the PS2 version. If you're like me and have both, get whichever version suits you better. Then everyone (except those few who only have an Xbox) can be happy. In any case, I'd bet that the GC version and the PS2 version are identical.

The space missions could definately use some more work, from the Fed vs. Zeon engine. They really need to make it easier to move around in space, ala EiS, but not so fast-paced. But there's lots of room for ground levels, too. Colonies, inside Axis, and that whole part of the series where Camille was on Earth with Amuro and Karaba. But, even if the space missions aren't fixed, it could still be the best Gundam game on PS2. I mean, flaws aside, I loved Fed. vs. Zeon.

My friend in Japan bought it and complained that it was the same as Federation vs Zeon, just with different mobile suits. He's already bored with the game within a few days of buying it.

That's a bad thing? I loved Federation vs. Zeon, even though I had the DC version without many extras or 2-player mode... I played the bajeezus out of it. If AEUG vs. Titans is the same, sign me up. :)

My friend in Japan bought it and complained that it was the same as Federation vs Zeon, just with different mobile suits. He's already bored with the game within a few days of buying it.

More like Fed Vs Zeon? Gee.... I guess I can scratch that off my book. Really... the last thing I want right now is arena Gundam fight. <_<

My friend in Japan bought it and complained that it was the same as Federation vs Zeon, just with different mobile suits.  He's already bored with the game within a few days of buying it.

That's a bad thing? I loved Federation vs. Zeon, even though I had the DC version without many extras or 2-player mode... I played the bajeezus out of it. If AEUG vs. Titans is the same, sign me up. :)

I second that. Fed. Vs. Zeon is still, to this day, my favorite Gundam game, flaws and all. And from the moment I first watched Zeta, I knew I wanted a Z Gundam game in the same genre. Hope both sides still have mega-long campaign modes.

My friend in Japan bought it and complained that it was the same as Federation vs Zeon, just with different mobile suits.  He's already bored with the game within a few days of buying it.

I second that. Fed. Vs. Zeon is still, to this day, my favorite Gundam game, flaws and all. And from the moment I first watched Zeta, I knew I wanted a Z Gundam game in the same genre. Hope both sides still have mega-long campaign modes.

Lets hope they also fixed the space levels. <_<

The gameplay is there, but you gotta admit the PS2 port of Fed vs Zeon was nowhere close to the arcade original graphics-wise, especially when you compare it to the graphics of, say, Lost War Chronicles / Encounter in Space.

Never played the PS2 version, but the DC version was pretty damn close to the arcade... Go figure.

And I didn't think that space levels were that bad. A little annoying, but nothing impossible or even that frustrating.