How much did you pay for your 1/48 1J

DatterBoy

Finally gonna join the club and ordered my 1/48 1J. Got the valk and a seperate Strike Armor Set (cuz I had to have the cannon) for 190$ shipped.

Was this a good deal, and what have others paid?

This is definitely gonna be my only 1/48 and I pray I have the strength to resist a Max and Miriyz cuz I know it's gonna happen...

:Dat

the custom fees sucks a lot in France,

i've also paid about 50 for it, for my big dan

5400 yen was with EMS or SAL ?

Goonk what s your feeling about the toy for the price ?:p

5400 yen was with EMS or SAL ?
5400 Yens : it was EMS. I don't remember the price of SAL but I remember that I thought it was worth it and not so much higher (although I don't remember the price)
Goonk what s your feeling about the toy for the price ?:p
I am really proud of the toy and I absolutly don't regret a thing.

I was aware of the price before ordering, and actually, I wanted it so much I didn't even converted Yen to Euros.

I am so happy (God i like this "Gerwalk" position!!) that I will buy a VF-1S very soon to use with the 1J fast pack.

I will make a VF-1S TV because I doubt there will be an official one.

VF-1S "Roy" is the same in the DYRL movie and TV series. That's a good opportunity I think.

$182.00 shipped on ebay for a 1J FP. Damn these things are pricey!...but I had to have it. I can't wait for it to arrive...Myyy Precioussss
the problem with Ebay is you can have a used one, and, I don't trust Ebay sellers Edited by Göönk

I don't have my VF-1J yet....honestly. I don't think I'd pay more than $120 (shipped) for one of them. :blink:

Hehe, then you aren't going to be getting one. Unless it's FP-less. :)

You know, I dunno about you guys but I tend to use EBAY as my scale in terms of what I should expect to pay under the assumption that EBAY prices tend to go less than commercial prices. Granted, shipping needs to be considered too, and most of the 48 stuff that comes from overseas vs. the US have outrageous shipping prices ranging from 25-45 bucks.

At any rate, I only intend to get one of 48's, and I figure if Yamato may be releasing a 1/48 GBP armor set, the 1/46 Hikaru 1J was the best bet if I'm gonna have only one since it would be the best match for anything that Yamato releases for the 48 line.

Also, although the 1J FP comes with an FP of a slightly diff sculpt and color, it doesn't have the strike cannon. If the 1/60's are a measure, a super valk is about $20-$30 cheaper than a strike valk so the difference between getting an armor set with a strike cannon vs one without would make a significant diff in price especially since the strike armor set comes with the nosecone to make a super valk if you so wanted to.

With that said, I have not seen a 1J on EBAY go for less than $135 shipped. I have not seen a strile armor set go for less than $65 shipped, and I have not seen a 1J FP go for less than $180 shipped. So doing the match and adding $10 bucks just to get a cannon, I figured 190$ would be a fair price.

I'm sure some of you may be able to get better or may have seen better, and the prices are likely gonna drop from 10-30 dollars in the future, but hopefully, I've done the right thing here.

Now all I have to do is wait and see if this valk is everything everyone says it is. I'm sure I won't be dissapointed.

Twin Moons anime offers non FP 1/48 for 127$ non shipped.

How is it possible to have lower price shipped to USA?

[EDITED]

Ah too late for your answer, I just ordered a VF-1S from Twin Moons 159$ shipped to France ! ;)

Too bad they don't have Takatoy stickers in stock.

Edited by Göönk

the problem with Ebay is you can have a used one, and, I don't trust Ebay sellers

I know what you mean. I got screwed out of $15.00 once, but this particular seller is legit; same guy from whom I purchased my low vis, and that arrived fast, pristine, and relatively cheap. The lesson is: review the seller'd feedback, and if you've delt with a particular one in the past with no problems, then, chances are, you shouldn't have any issues in the future. Besides, I don't think there are many, if any, used FV-1J FP out there.

Ordered mine from Victorshop on Ebay. I paid 189$ for it. It's a fastpack version. And as he declared it as being a used toy on the box, with a 10 $ value, I didn't pay anything when it arrived in France. So, It cost me less than 150 Euros shipping included.

Poor goonk, you really paid too much for this toy.

When ordering from HLJ, you must ask them to send invoice outside packaging. And to declare your toy as being a used one. This is the only solution for you if you don't want the "douane" to open the box and check what's inside.

well maybe I paid a little too much, it's not a big problem though because I don't have a wife and nobody will shout at me :)

And I just oredered a new one, so, you know, I feel good ;)

I have one... she gives me the stink eye... all I can do is frown and look the other way... I am a sad 29 year old man/boy....

hahahaha

Twin Moons anime offers non FP 1/48 for 127$ non shipped.

How is it possible to have lower price shipped to USA?

Goonk,

Soze is selling 1/48 Hikaru 1S for 110!!!! I bought mine couple of days ago and I love it. of course he lives mear me so we met and I picked it up. But only 10 bucks for shipping. suposedly.