Wait, wasn't that an 90's movie with Walter Koenig? (Chekov)

Indeed it was.. and quite a departure from the much higher quality Star Trek movies too! This movie was pretty atrocious. I find it amazing how some actors will actually agree to be in a movie of such low quality.

Moontrap, oh how I laughed at thee...

Loved the shuttle launch and everyone is moving around with not the slightest hint of gee forces.

The whole movie was done so poorly its laughable! Like I said im surprised Walter Koenig agreed to be in this. And its not that the Star Trek movies were that bad, actually most of them I thought were done well but I can't help but feel any credibility Walter got from them would have been swept aside in an instant and again im surprised he would lower himself to be in movies such as Moontrap!? Surely he couldn't have been that desperate for cash?

Alien Resurrection isn't so much Josh Whedon's fault as it was bringing in a surrealist euro trash director with Jean Paul Jeunet that couldn't speak english and who took a look at the script and thought "ah ha I make comedy!".

If you really think about it and cut through the awful directing you can really see a lot of concepts and character archtypes that he later refined for use in Firefly/Serenity.

Alien Resurrection was pretty woeful.. being a big fan of the whole Alien movie universe, I really struggled to sit through it when I first saw it in the cinema. Although Alien3 wasn't particularly that bad but also wasn't that good either, I really didn't think they could have done any worse when the next movie came along but Resurrection really blew chunks..

Alien Resurrection isn't so much Josh Whedon's fault as it was bringing in a surrealist euro trash director with Jean Paul Jeunet that couldn't speak english and who took a look at the script and thought "ah ha I make comedy!".

If you really think about it and cut through the awful directing you can really see a lot of concepts and character archtypes that he later refined for use in Firefly/Serenity.

Exactly. I've been saying that for years - it's so gratifying to see someone else pick up the same thing.

And if you really look at that concept, Whedon has consistently used "team-building" as a plot point of his series. Going back to the Buffy and Angel series. Another reason why I thought he was a great choice for Avengers.

Now whether or not Resurrection was good, or better/worse than Alien 3 - I won't touch that other than to say that there are only Alien and Aliens in the franchise. Those other movies are big-budget fan fiction, with some being more watchable than the others. :p

-b.

Why don't you know how to love?

I don't think love and Stargate can possibly go together.. -_-

GET. OUT.

is exactly what I was busting to do when I first saw this movie in the cinema! a girl friend hadn't even seen this movie so we watched it the other night. Still so cheesy all these years later.. funny enough she liked it! :wacko:

I still don't understand how they tracked that exploritory vehicle across the galaxy.

and in real time! I can't even track a parcel coming from Japan anywhere near as easy let alone my own finances.. :rolleyes:<_<

No, I'm pretty sure this one is definitely the worst. That review video is a close second, lol.

The "Assembly Cut" of Alien3 is a big improvement on the original version. Too bad they were still stuck with the shots of the alien that were really badly superimposed into the footage.

The "Assembly Cut" of Alien3 is a big improvement on the original version. Too bad they were still stuck with the shots of the alien that were really badly superimposed into the footage.

Still not s great movie, but definitely a significant improvement over the original.

Yes, I know that it's not out yet, but considering that it's the sequel to Olympus Has Fallen, it's an automatic nomination.

London Has Fallen @ IMDb

Coming Soon: London Bridge Is Falling Down - The sequel to White House Down starring Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx.

I can already tell that movie will piss me off, Terrorist having full world control, to destroy and kill anyone is the single dumbest

plot point, I can think of.

We control the world, but we just can't get that ONE guy.

I can already tell that movie will piss me off, Terrorist having full world control, to destroy and kill anyone is the single dumbest

plot point, I can think of.

We control the world, but we just can't get that ONE guy.

Thank you. This is exactly what I was thinking when saw the trailer last night before Spectre to the point I said wtf is this stupid s*** out loud.

I never did get around to watching Olympus Has Fallen.. might have to now with this new movie coming I'll have to get up to speed on the story even if the plot is crap.

Do yourself a BIG favor and don't watch either. Turned it off in the middle, vapid, boring, and stupid - and the those are the complimentary things I have to say about the film.

You can add San Andreas to the list. I love Dwayne Johnson, but god what a stupid, pointless, and terribly bad geological movie.

Plot point is only for The Rock to save his overly busty daughter from San Fransisco with his overly busty ex, but not maybe ex-wife.

Every stupid cliche character ever thought up, is in this movie. Every over the top CGI sequence, has been re-purposed into the movie.

How the Rock ever signed on, is beyond me. Must have been a personal favor to someone on the production team.

It's not even worth the time you'll waste watching on netflix.