DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Seems like the YF-29 30th Anniversary DX is all over the place. They are widely abundant here in my region in shops, ebay and whatsnot for reasonable prices.

I know of one collector that have 4 of these as he tried to stock up fearing the shortage like what happend to the VF25F and 25S.

Now he is selling them at the cost he bought them just to clear.

why the fudge the 25f and 25s is not like this...hmmmm.....

Now now, no need to hate on Gundam, people. I'm certain there're a few fans of Gundam in this very thread.

Unicorn was what got me back into it anyway.

But yeah, frakk Bandai and the way they handle the distribution of these.

Seems like the YF-29 30th Anniversary DX is all over the place. They are widely abundant here in my region in shops, ebay and whatsnot for reasonable prices.

I know of one collector that have 4 of these as he tried to stock up fearing the shortage like what happend to the VF25F and 25S.

Now he is selling them at the cost he bought them just to clear.

why the fudge the 25f and 25s is not like this...hmmmm.....

I'm seriously contemplating getting a 2nd YF-29 just for collection's sake. But it seems it isn't very highly valued anyway.. plus at $205, it's still marked up from retail right?

Not to mention shipping.

Edited by SaitouSad

I just hope that having some leftover stock and preorders doesn't scare NY from reopening the preorder for this one at their slight markup...but we will see. I'm kinda glad Alto and Luca are my personal non-essential pickups. Ozma was my absolute must have and I have one of him.

Edited by xrentonx

I just hope that having some leftover stock and preorders doesn't scare NY from reopening the preorder for this one at their slight markup...but we will see. I'm kinda glad Alto and Luca are my personal non-essential pickups. Ozma was my absolute must have and I have one of him.

I think the problem NY face is that their initial high mark up was what got them into this situation in the first place. If they had offered this current price back then, I'm sure more people would have jumped on it.

This one :

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/4884-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-25f-messiah-valkyrie-saotome-alto-custom-renewal-version-reissue.html

(people just reading this...don't panic, they didn't reopen it yet at the higher markup)

Also, keep watch on this:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN964807/Sci

and this:

http://www.anime-export.com/product/7381

Edited by xrentonx

So who here thinks these websites and the ones from last night will re-open their preorders (higher markup) and 1st preorders tonight at midnight???? :blink::blink::blink:

Only NY will open with the higher markup. As far as I know HLJ and AE haven't posted their preorder yet. At least no one here has claimed that they got one in with either of them.

Odds of Amiami and Hobbysearch are slim to none in my experience. They've already sold out.

Amiami, Hobbysearch, HLJ, and AE don't operate like NY. They play by the rules and only get their stock from distys so they don't go around buying up stock from other stores at a higher markup. At least I've never known them to do it.

Edited by xrentonx

Idk about you guys but I just see some dorky Japanese guy running around town with a bike and a cart buying up toys and texting his boss to add more stock! add more stock!

That's probably pretty accurate to what's happening :lol:

Ah, well...at least I don't gotta pay up front so I can back out if I do get lucky.

Edited by xrentonx

Yeah I'm glad I didn't stop to contemplate buying two. That and It would be a dick move when so many people want one.

XrentonX did you pay up front, or did you select pay later?

Edited by Gakken85

That's what, double the price of a Hobby Search pre-order? Yeesh. And of course, sold out just as fast as before. So much for paying a premium and getting it from NY. Might as well just buy the 2011 release at Ebay prices...

^^^ I'm guessing they didn't get a very good price at whatever store they gleaned stock from :(

Pay later, man. I always select pay later with NY.

Edited by xrentonx

Yeah, I've got a lot of pre-orders this summer. What a dirty dirty habit. haha.

David - Might as well pay $200 now. On ebay it's going to be $300, or $400.

Edited by Gakken85

Agreed. If I can't land an HLJ or AE order then $200 is the lesser of evils here.

David - Might as well pay $200 now. On ebay it's going to be $300, or $400.

I would, if I could get an order in! I do need to blink/eat/sleep on occasion... Do you know how many times I've refreshed NY's page today? Their -171 CF's lasted minutes if not hours at their marked-up price.

Only NY will open with the higher markup. As far as I know HLJ and AE haven't posted their preorder yet. At least no one here has claimed that they got one in with either of them.

Odds of Amiami and Hobbysearch are slim to none in my experience. They've already sold out.

Amiami, Hobbysearch, HLJ, and AE don't operate like NY. They play by the rules and only get their stock from distys so they don't go around buying up stock from other stores at a higher markup. At least I've never known them to do it.

didnt HLJ open last night at midnight??? i think they did~

the only ones that have not put their initial preorders are

-AE

-Otacute

thats cause i have not see the light of day since last midnight,,, :ph34r:

Edited by erikos0311

Yeah, I don't understand people knocking NY. They do you a service and they are running a business.

The other places like HLJ and AmiAmi don't give a crap if you get one. At least NY is out there hustling and offering you the chance to get one from retailers who wouldn't sell to people in the US. They have to pass on the price increase to you, or they couldn't make money.

I'd much rather pay $60 more bucks as a finders fee than try to pay $150 bucks + shipping to a Japanese auction house, or wait and pay +$200 bucks on ebay in 6 months.

It's beautiful capitalism at work.

Edited by Gakken85

The good news is if NY can find stock at another store at a lower price then the next time they may reopen at like $180 or something. Bad news is that it can go the other way. :(

This is probably why some people don't have any luck getting them to lower the pricing of their preorders (pricematch) after the fact.

HLJ, I'm not sure of. They may have but no one chimed in about getting a preorder from HLJ. HLJ has been known to just put a posting up as a placeholder only and then officially open the preorders days or weeks later. Basically, don't count them out as a source yet...

Edited by xrentonx