Yamato Showroom/Sale 2011

Tochiro

Yes he does... he ain't a logical guy.

Seriously? I thought Toshiro lives there full time.

Are you planning to ship them all back in a shipping container or something Toshiro? I had enough of a headache when I found out I didn't have space for my Monster and had to post my stuff back via post. (The Monster box was much larger than what the largest box the post office had avaliable)

Seriously? I thought Toshiro lives there full time.

Are you planning to ship them all back in a shipping container or something Toshiro? I had enough of a headache when I found out I didn't have space for my Monster and had to post my stuff back via post. (The Monster box was much larger than what the largest box the post office had avaliable)

Am pushing the 11yr mark now, so at this point I'd say I'm here full time, lol.

Having said that, Japanese apartments are not known for their size so I have a fairly regular flow of stuff being shipped back to my folks place in Australia. When it comes to Valks I tend to wait until i have a trip to Aus scheduled, make a big custom box to hold 4 or 5 of em (as you said, post office boxes arent big enough) and take em with me as checked-in luggage. Occasionally Ill post one (ie, destroids, etc).

WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD EVERYTHING....

What on EARTH is that pamphlet that the guy on my left picks up and flips through in the video from 5:28 - 5:38?? MUST HAVE IT aargh

↑ See 'illogical' :rolleyes:

I MUST have those VF-22s!!!

damn, dude!

where the heck were you?

they've been on the perennial discounted-sale at hlj regularly for the longest time this year and last year.

if you're not gonna take Jenius' offer, might as well wait for the annual HLJ macross winter-sale.

---

btw, do we have confirmation that Yamato will definitely make and sell the Miila-17 or is it gonna be just a forever-prop like the old 1/60 Monster?

Edited by treatment

It’s not the first red sample I’ve seen:

photo06.jpg

I don't think that's a red VF-17. :p

edit:

anyway, found a website (your's or some other MW-member?) that stated Yammie did put out a clarification that the red vf-17 in the pics is not the Milia-variant:

http://www.mech9.com...-dengeki-hobby/

yamato's tweet: http://twitter.com/y...726331670405120

so it'll always be just the display/pictorial prop.

Edited by treatment

That red 17, and the red 19S for that matter, are test cast in red, as red will show stress marks and cracks much easier than any other color. White in just about impossible, so that's why there's a red 17 there. If it can be handled, transformed, and played with, without the signs of stress marks, the designer, the factory, and all involved did their job. That's what they're looking for.

At the end of the day, I lugged this stack of boxes home - Grand Total: 30,000 yen!

post-9325-0-65153600-1322384472_thumb.jpg

my god, USD $386 and change for all that? lucky stiff. ^_^

i need an 11B myself, and a spare 1/60v.II -1J Hik wouldn'tve hurted one bit either.

and all that other stuff would have been real sweet icing on the cake, too... :wub:

Edited by Shaorin

That red 17, and the red 19S for that matter, are test cast in red, as red will show stress marks and cracks much easier than any other color. White in just about impossible, so that's why there's a red 17 there. If it can be handled, transformed, and played with, without the signs of stress marks, the designer, the factory, and all involved did their job. That's what they're looking for.

Exactly! And the fact that the samples are cast in red doesn’t automatically mean that they are Milia custom.

Edited by Reïvaj