Plamo Valkgirl

Mechmaster

I didn't modify the kit overmuch, most of the work involved getting rid of the marks of the mold release pins which dimpled every part. Bandai's Armoured Lady range are plastic injection kits but the parts breakdown is more akin to a resin kit with just a few big solid pieces so there were very few joins to clean up.

A rummage in my bits box turned up the super parts from Arii's 1/100 transformable VF1 kit so I cut away the engine bells and the the missile launcher section of the FAST packs and replaced them with the more detailed Arii parts.

The whole was sprayed with white auto primer and the other colours handpainted in enamels. The little round markings were drawn on with a technical pen and a 3mm circular stencil, all other markings are from Wave's Macross decal sheets. The nav lights below the knees were cut from self adhesive silver paper and painted with Tamiya coloured varnish. Finally it was sprayed with clear lacquer and then the flesh areas dulled down a bit with satin varnish.

post-3-1070044092_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Looks great!

I've been wanting to see how good one of these kits looks after it has been built, for a while now.

The leg armor could use some decals, especially since the boosters have the Macross emblem.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

The leg armor could use some decals, especially since the boosters have the Macross emblem.

Yes, you're right. It didn't occur to me at the time, I guess I was thinking more of the original anime and the Imai/Arii super valk kits which didn't have any markings on the legs, but the Hasegawas of course do have them and it looks better. I'll have to rectify it sometime.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.