which Macross anime-series do you have the most toys now?

treatment

which Macross anime-series do you have the most toys now? and which toy from which series is your favorite?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. which Macross anime-series do you have the most toys now? (multi-choice)

• Macross TV
    • Macross DYRL
    • Macross II
    • Macross Plus
    • Macross 7
    • Macross Zero
    • Macross Frontier
  2. 2. out of those, which is your actual favorite toy series (single-choice)

just out of stats curiosity.

you can list whatever you have only as long as it's been seen in any of the anime series. in whatever scale.

so, stuff from games, manga, magazines, etc, that did not appear at all in any of the anime series are disqualified.

of course, MII might be severely disadvantaged since it seems to only have one toy ever produced from it, but oh well. it's still included in the poll-choices.

go team venture!

B)):D

Edited by treatment

For my current collection it's a three way tie between SDF:M, M:DYRL, and MF.

My favorite goes to M:DYRL for the Elintseeker and the 1/3000 SDF-1.

It suuuuuuuuuuure would be nice if there could be a Macross Flashback 2012 one day.

COUGH VF-4! /COUGH

Most of my collection is still away in boxes, but pretty sure DYRL is far and away the majority of my collection. Frontier is probably a close second, followed by Plus.

Once my finances are in order again I hope to give my Mac7 collection a big boost with the 1/60 VF-19 and the upcoming VF-17. I've already got Gamlin's VF-22. Ooo, I'd also love to get the VF-11C. The Mac Plus VF-11 is still one of my favourites.

Counting the 1/48's as well, I would have to say that the largest category of toys I have are from DYRL. However, I have far more toys from the other series combined than I have from DYRL.

As for favorites, it's a toss up between M+ for the YF-21, YF-19, and VF-11B and DYRL for the 1/3000 SDF-1.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

With the exception of the production type VF-1's, non-canon valks [read: low-viz] and destroids, I've got all of the Macross TV Valks.

Completed the MacPlus line, too.

As for my personal favorites, I like the MacZero Valks the best. While technically predecessors to the VF-1, I see the VF-0 as modernized versions of the classic VF-1 Valkyrie design--no matter how you look at it, those cameras on the sides of the nose are anachronisms. I personally like realistic looking Valks, and the VF-0 models are by far the most realistic ones.

Most of my collection started off with DYRL Valkyries and two Q-rau's, the TV Valks, four Macross plus, five Macross 7 and one Frontier and 1/3000 DYRL Macross. Oh yeah forgot the destroids.

DYRL, I only have two actual Macross toys - both are from DYRL, and Plus is my favorite. I"m eagerly anticipating a V2 YF-19 announcement from Yamato though.

if they do do that, I wonder if it will be feasable to sell off my two YF-19's on E-bay.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

currently, i got more dyrl-valks (v2) than any. simply because I missed out on the various TV-valks and the other lineups are damn expensive. ^_^;

as such, favorite lineup is still DYRL v2.

still wish they'll reissue the ones I missed out on in both TV and DYRL lines.

Edited by treatment

Most of my crap is TV, DYRL, or M+.

Haven't been too motivated to get the 22's, so nothing yet from M7. (That should change once I get the unique-looking VF-17.)

Was tempted a few times to pick-up the SV-51 (especially, Ivanov's), but didn't have a logical place to display it at the time. And then the whole broken arms stuff with the VF-0's kinda scared me away. So, never got into Mac Zero as a result.

Didn't get into Mac Frontier either, since I never completely fell in love with the VF-25 or Bandai's toy rendition. Though, I gotta admit I love the concept and look of Ozma's fully armored 25S. Again, if they ever release a good-looking VF-171, I could be persuaded to added Frontier to my list.

Favorite toy series? Hmm, as much as I love the YF-21, I still gotta go with the TV series. Most variety of Valks. The hero Valks have more color to differentiate themselves from one another (as opposed to DYRL). And there's just more stuff to collect from this particular series (joke machines, destroids, character figures, different stuff in different scales, etc.)

Copied my post from the valk count thread

As far as 1/60 v2's go I have almost all of them, still need a CF VF-1J.

I skipped the doublenuts and bird of prey YF-19's

I also did not buy the unknown soldier version of the VF-0 or the cannon fodder SV-51

It's almost too hard to pick a favorite, but the valk I currently can't keep my hands off of is the VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie.

Don't really care for the colors, but the engineering is top notch!

I would buy some Mac Frontier stuff if Yamato got the license.

1/48

1x VF-1S Roy Focker Package renewal version

1x VF-1A Low Visibility Version 1

1x VF-1J Stealth Type + Stealth Strike Parts

1x VF-1J Hikaru

1x GBP-1S Anime Color

1x GBP-1S Urban Camouflage

1x Super & Strike Parts

1x Clear Super Parts

1/60 V2

Macross Zero

1x VF-0A Shin Kudo w/ Ghost Booster Combo

1x VF-0S Roy Focker w/ Ghost Booster Combo

1x SV-51 Ivanov

1x SV-51 Nora

SDF Macross

1x VF-1S Roy Focker TV Version

1x VF-1J Hikaru TV Version (White Visor)

1x GBP-1S Armored Parts with missile launch effects

1x VF-1J Max With Super Parts

1x VF-1J Milia With Super Parts

1x VF-1A Max TV Version

1x VF-1A Kakizaki TV Version

1x VF-1D Hikaru

1x VF-1D Virgin Road

1x VF-1A Angel bird

1x VF-1A Mass Production

1x VF-X Test

1x Fan Racer (Clear)

1x Destroid Tomahawk Olive Drab Version

1x Destroid Defender Khaki Green Version

1x VF-1S No Paint (Kit version)

Macross DYRL

1x DYRL VF-1S Focker+Super & Strike Parts

1x DYRL VF-1A Hikaru+Super & Strike Parts

1x DYRL VF-1A Max+Super & Strike Parts

1x DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki+Super & Strike Parts

1x DYRL VF-1S Hikaru+Super & Strike Parts

1x DYRL VF-1S Max+Super & Strike Parts

1x DYRL VT-1 Super Ostrich

1x DYRL VE-1 Elint Seeker

1x VF-1S Roy Low Vis

1x 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Macross Plus

1x YF-19

1x YF-21

1x VF-11B

1x Fold Booster & Fast packs

Macross 7

1x VF-22S Max

1x VF-22S Milia

1x VF-22S Gamrin

1x VF-11C

1x VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie

Edited by Loop

Most of my stuff is TV and DYRL stuff. I do have all three Mac+ valks, and some old school Bandai Mac7 and three valks and the Quarter from MacF, and the VF-0S and SV-51 Nora. Honestly I am three away from completing the TV series with the Virgin Road, Angel Bird, and VF-X missing from my collection. For DYRL i would need the Hikaru/Max/ and Kakazaki VF-1As and that will be complete. Hmm maybe i should just go ahead and complete both series........