The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

In memory of Eddie, this week's episodes of RAW and Friday Night SmackDown! will be different from the regular format. There will be no cheap vignettes or flat storylines. Both shows will have more matches than what they normally produce in a month. In addition, there will be interviews with Chavo, Chris Benoit and Triple-H, along with videos of Eddie's wrestling career.

A true professional, lame WWE writing still didn't take away from the preformer that Eddie Guerrero was. I am glad he had gotten his push and had earned his place as an elite wrestler. Namely carrying the WWE title.

I was shocked when I read the news of his death...thinking that simply to find him in his hotel room leads me to beleive that maybe he really didn't beat the demons that had haunted him for so long.

Rest in Peace vato...

wow, I actually know who this wrestler is. I don't even keep up with wrestling either. Dang, sad to hear these kinda things. Rest in Peace... :(

Wow, I'd have to say that last night's Raw was a wonderful tribute to EG. I admit to definately feeling the strong sadness the boys in the back shared with us during the broadcast.

On a differant note, holy shiza Steph looks hot! :wub:

That completely sucks.

Yet another decent character gone. Crappy news to see first thing on monday.

Apparently he recently celebrated his 4th year of being sober a week before he passed. So he did beat the demons and stayed clean.

Here is what Test had to say(if any of you remember him)

"I'm actually wondering who's next? Who's next to die? I can think of at least 15 to 20 people who have died from various things - mostly prescription pain killers. For all you wanna be wrestlers who wanna get in this business, especially now when WWE doesn't pay you anymore than you would make at a 9 to 5 job, let me break some things down for you. When I started wrestling I had never seen or heard of Vicodin or Percocet or Soma.

How come so many wrestlers die from these medications and football players and hockey players don't? The answer is simple - wrestlers, especially WWE wrestlers, work five days a week all year long taking bump after bump in the ring. A doctor explained it to me like this: Every time you take a fall in the ring it's like getting rear-ended by a car going 20 mph, so how many bumps in the ring a night do you take? Multiply that by how many times a week you work all year long. That's a hell of a lot of whiplash and pain.

I can remember hearing a conversation from some unnamed WWE head guys talking about how this certain person needs to go to rehab but they couldn’t send him because he was to important to the show. That's the reality people that is how we are treated. Look at me. I break my neck in the ring had to have two discs taken out of my neck and a steel plate put in and was told at the time by Johnny Ace when I asked if my job would be in jeopardy, 'We don't fire people with injuries like that.' Hmm, that's funny, because two months after surgery I got fired because I wasn't working. My seven years of busting my ass for them and putting over the boss's son while my foot was broken in a cast was all forgotten about. When Johnny Ace called me and told me they were releasing me - which of course he put all the heat on Vince - I said to him, 'What kind of message are you sending the boys that if they get hurt they are going to get fired?'

So all the guys who don't want to lose their jobs, what do they do? Pop a couple of Percocet or Vicodin and mask the pain because god forbid they say they are hurt and lose their job. I'm not going to name any names, but I know at least a dozen or so wrestlers who are addicted to these things for that very reason. Get hurt, lose your job. I just turned 30, my back aches everyday, I have a metal plate in my neck, and yes I got in the business at the right time and have a lot of nice things, but is it all worth it?

You guys don't see the ugly side of this business. Yes, wrestling is entertainment, but the bumps and bruises are real and sometimes they don't go away. So think long and hard before you get in this business because I can tell you first hand that if you're not working or making them money they don't give a sh** about you and the sad part is Eddie was clean and I guarantee he won't be the last one to die in the next 12 months.

So that's why I say who's next? Don't take your life for granted it's a gift. Don't go to bed mad and tell the people you care about you love them because you never know. Take care"

And the death has been attributed to his past drug abuse and drinking...but bear in mind during recent times, for the past 4 years..he WAS CLEAN! All things add up and it took a toll on his heart.

Here is what his wife said in regards to the cause of death. And Btw I got most of this from TNI forums.

"The following is from WWE.com

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep"

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.†So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.â€

We know for sure the man worked hard, he showed up nearly ALL the time for smackdown ever since he was signed onto the show.....Me and my bro and dad always loved watching him perform, crazy guy, and BRILLIANT performer, whether he was playing the bad guy, the good guy, whichever, he still had a way to get the crowd laughing. I will miss him a lot.

All that damage he took not that long ago probably didn't help him either. Really good statement from Test there.

Recent ramblings from TopWrestling.com:

Bam Bam Bigelow in Trouble

Christian Left WWE Over Plane Tickets?

Also, the RAW tribute to Eddie Guerrero generated a viewer rating of 4.5 - the highest for the show this year. Hopefully, Friday Night SmackDown! will receive high ratings tonight. Wrestling just won't be the same without Latino Heat. :(

And finally, Chavo Guerrero ditches the "Kerwin White" gimmick. Now all he needs is a well-deserved title shot.

• 2 weeks later...

brethartdvd.jpgtv-14.gif

Bret "Hitman" Hart: "The Best There Is, the Best There Was, and the Best There Ever Will Be"

WWE Home Video (in cooperation with Bret Hart), 2005

Rated TV-14 for graphic violence, mature situations and mild language.

The son of Canadian wrestling legend Stu Hart, Bret Hart had spent nearly his entire life on professional wrestling. During his years in his father's promotion Stampede Wrestling, Bret started out as a referee until he volunteered to lace up his boots when one wrestler failed to show up at a house show. He tangled with the likes of The Dynamite Kid and Bad News Allen (before his WWF days as Bad News Brown) before becoming North American Champion.

Then, in the mid-1980s, Vince McMahon acquired Stampede, along with Bret, Dynamite and the late Davey Boy Smith (who eventually became his brother-in-law). Bret wrestled in mid-card matches until late 1985, when he teamed up with Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart and manager Jimmy Hart. For the next five years, the Hart Foundation was one of the most dominant tag teams in the WWF.

After the Hart Foundation disbanded in 1991, Bret continued to perfect his in-ring abilities and declared himself "the Excellence of Execution." On that same year, he defeated the late "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig to become Intercontinental Champion. But he didn't stop there. Months after losing the tile to the British Bulldog in 1992, Bret won the WWF Heavyweight Championship belt from Ric Flair. Declaring himself "the Best There Is, the Best There Was, and the Best There Ever Will Be," he went on to become a five-time champion before his reign ended in controversy on November 1997.

After an unceremonious exit out of WWF, Bret signed with WCW. Unfortunately, his days in the company were not very memorable. He became WCW Champion in 1999, but that reign and his career went to an end when Goldberg kicked him in the head and gave him a concussion. The effect was nearly fatal, as it resulted in a stroke.

Today, after over seven years, Bret and Vinnie Mac have somewhat come to terms, and they talk about Bret's best and not-so-best times in his career as a professional wrestler. From the USA vs. Canada storylines to Owen Hart's accidental death, this three-disc DVD is a must-buy for anyone who has followed professional wrestling for over two decades. Bret Hart is loaded with exclusive interviews with various superstars and dozens of matches that span throughout Bret's life. And for those new to wrestling, skip RAW and watch this DVD instead.

Real men still don't wear pink, though...

Rating: A

Last night on TNA Impact!:

- B.G. James (formerly known as "Road Dogg" Jesse James) brought out the rest of 3 Live Krew (Konnan and Ron "The Truth" Killings) to address the issue on having Kip James (formerly known as "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn) as a fourth member. Both Killings and Konnan hesitated on accepting him, but in the end, the group became 4 Live Krew.

- "Charismatic Enigma?" What kind of nickname is that, Jeff Hardy? That sounds almost as lame as "Cerebral Assassin."

- Can someone please fill me in on this feud between Commissioner Larry Zbyszko and Raven?

- Christian Cage has to face "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown? What a waste of Christian's time.

- "Triple-J" Jeff Jarrett defeated Kip James after some outside interference. The rest of 4 Live Krew ran in to save Kip, but were ambushed by Team Canada.

WWE Survivor Series Results

Best of Seven Series: Match 1

Booker T. def. Chris Benoit with a rollup + Sharmell holding Benoit's leg for leverage.

WWE Women's Championship

Trish Stratus def. Melina with the Stratusfaction.

Last Man Standing

Triple-H knocked Ric Flair out with three Pedigrees and the sledgehammer on the back of the head.

WWE Championship - Special Referee: Daivari

John Cena def. Kurt Angle. SmackDown! referee Charles Robinson ran in to make the 3-count.

Battle of the GMs

Theodore R. Long pinned Eric Bischoff after the Boogeyman gave Bischoff a pumphandle slam.

RAW vs. SmackDown! Elimination Match

1. Bobby Lashley - by Shawn Michaels via chokeslam by Kane.

2. Kane - by Batista via spinebuster.

3. Batista - by Big Show via double chokeslam with Kane.

4. Big Show - by Rey Mysterio via seated senton bomb.

5. Carlito - by John Bradshaw Layfield via Clothesline from Hell

6. "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters - by Mysterio via 619.

7. Mysterio - by Shawn Michaels via superkick.

8. JBL - by HBK via Sweet Chin Music.

9. HBK - by Randy Orton via RKO.

Sole Survivor: Randy Orton

After the match, the rest of the SmackDown! roster came out to celebrate. Then, the lights went out. Druids brought out a casket, which was hit by lightning and engulfed in flames. Undertaker kicked the door out and walked towards the ring, chokeslamming anyone on his way. He Tombstoned William Regal before having a staredown with RKO.

Edited by areaseven

Last night on The Triple-H Show:

- Vinnie Mac gave Eric Bischoff an ultimatum wherein if he made a goal and set it by the end of the show, he'd keep his job. Shane-O Mac appeared as well.

- As punishment for asking Bischoff whether or not he was going to be fired, Maria got Angle-Slammed by Kurt Angle. John Cena ran in for the save, but was pummelled by Chris Masters. This convinced Bischoff that his goal for the night was to see Cena lose in a triple-threat submission match.

- HHH vs. Big Show? Yawn.

- HBK beat Carlito, despite busting his knee. Don't know if it's a work or legit, though.

- Cena retained the WWE title by applying a poorly-executed STF on Masters. Backstage, Vinnie Mac said he'll be "taking out the trash" next week.

From TOPWRESTLING.com:

Ric Flair's Assault Incident,Flair assaults guy and car! WOOOOOOOO

From wsoctv.com:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Pro wrestler Ric Flair faces assault charges after a road rage incident on I-485 in Charlotte.

Another driver says Flair attacked him and his car.

Wsoctv.com has updated their story regarding Ric Flair's road rage:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Pro wrestler Ric Flair faces assault charges after a road rage incident on Interstate 485 in Charlotte. Another driver said Flair attacked him and his car.

The driver said he was on I-485 on Wednesday, trying to get out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday and traffic was slow. The driver said he noticed someone behind him flashing their headlights, so he hit his brakes.

The driver said the car then pulled along side him, police said. The victim said he immediately recognized the driver as Ric Flair.

The driver told police that Flair got out of his car, walked over to the vehicle, grabbed him by the neck and damaged his car.

Police said there are two warrants out for Flair -- simple assault and damage to personal property.

Flair's attorney, Richard Finnell, said Flair is unaware of the warrants. He said Flair is in Michigan this week for a pay-per-view wrestling event.

Finnell said Flair would be back in Charlotte on Tuesday.

Looks like the WWE is in big trouble again. The end of the SmackDown! Special had Randy Orton driving the Undertaker through the stage in the Eddie Guerrero Memorial lowrider, which was in flames.

348782[/snapback]

Why are they in trouble? For doing something disrespectful? HA!

Finally, some good news for WWE: After a 13-year hiatus, WWE and NBC will bring back Saturday Night's Main Event this March.

349033[/snapback]

Thats so cool! However if memory serves what made Saturday Night's Main Event so unique was that if had featured marquee matches that were not shown on the Saturday/Sunday morning house show broadcasts. In other words we'll get another day of Raw/Smackdown or a scaled down PPV.

WWE needs more jobbers! lol

I just finished watching a rerun of TNA's recent PPV Genesis, and I must say that many of the wrestlers are too dangerous to work in the WWE, especially Samoa Joe. When he has his opponent against the turnbuckle, he doesn't do a fake mudhole stomp like Austin; he literally shoves his foot on the guy's face. And the way he brutalized Chris Daniels on the PPV looked like he killed him.

Hell, if this keeps up, I'll just stop watching WWE. Besides, what's the point of watching some guy eat live worms in the middle of the ring?

Earlier tonight on TNA Impact!:

- What is Bobby "The Brain" Heenan doing in TNA?

- If there's only one reason to check out TNA, it's the X-Division. Chris Sabin and Petey Williams are just unbelievable in the ring.

- Compared to HHH, Jeff Jarrett is a whiny little b*tch. At least HHH convinces you to hate him. In the case of "Triple-J," his mic skills are laughable.

- Well, at least we have Christian Cage to shut him up.

- What exactly is going on between Jarrett and Jackie Gayda?

- And so, Raven once again fights for his life as he's forced by Larry Zbyszko to fight all three members of Diamonds in the Rough. For a hardcore match, this is rather boring.

- The show ended with Samoa Joe punking out A.J. Styles backstage. That didn't even look fake.

Earlier tonight on RAW:

- Vinnie Mac entered the arena in a garbage truck. He announced that he was to judge the fate of Bischoff. Representing Bischoff's defense team was the Coach, while Mick Foley represented the prosecution.

- This whole court case is going nowhere, especially with Vinnie Mac listening to his iPod all day.

- Edge has his own segment. Yawn. And dragging Michael P.S. Hayes into it was pointless.

- Someone please pull the plug on this Boogeyman crap.

- Well, Vinnie Mac made his decision. He announced that the WWE title will be on the line at New Year's Revolution in an Elimination Chamber.

And what was his verdict on Bischoff? What do you think. AFAIK, taking out the trash practically means pulling the plug on the WWE.

From TOPWRESTLING.com:

More On Christy Hemme's WWE Release

Partial Source: PWInsider.com

Christy follows a long line of WWE Diva's that have suffered from "The Playboy Curse" where they pose for Playboy and within a year were released from WWE. Many assume that WWE didn't want to continue paying her $250,000 a year to stay with WWE with other Diva's and most wrestlers making a lot less.

The word making the rounds is that she was notified earlier today that she was being released. The decision to release her was done by WWE and not her as she had planned to train hard and really wanted to succeed. She was scheduled to go on the overseas tour and had worked for OVW this past week. She arrived early to the show and was said to be really hyped up about her debut later that night. No word on if she will finish up with them like Daniel Puder did when he was released. This definitely caught a number of people off guard as she was very well liked backstage and always wanted to improve.

It's interesting to note that she posted the following on her website (ChristyHemme.com) this past weekend. "Hello everyone! It's been a while since the last update and I am so sorry! You all mean the world to me and I appreciate the support! I want everyone to know that I am serious about becoming a better wrestler and to really do that, I need to focus on training. With that said, I am going to take a break from traveling with Smackdown to train in Louisville, Kentucky at the Ohio Valley Wrestling School. I am going to stay ther for as long as it takes to come back and kick some ***!!! I have one goal in sight and that is to grow at this craft that I have fallen in love with. Thank you so much to everyone who is supporting me. I promise I will make you proud! Remember to keep watching Smackdown on Friday nights at 8pm on UPN!!"

Christy's bio on WWE.com has been removed as have all her photos. She will have a 90 day no compete clause as well.

Stay tuned as more becomes available

Now that was a very bad move for the WWE. :angry:

• 1 month later...

WWE New Year's Revolution Results

Jerry "The King" Lawler used a fistdrop on Gregory Helms for the win. Cruiserweights just don't get any respect.

Bra & Panties Gauntlet Match

Ashley def. Victoria, Candice Michelle, Torrie Wilson and Maria.

Shelton Benjamin def. Viscera after his mama nailed Big Vis with a brick-loaded pocketbook.

WWE Women's Championship

Trish Stratus landed the Chick Kick on Mickie James to retain the title.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Ric Flair def. Edge by DQ after Edge used his briefcase on Flair.

Triple-H landed the Pedigree on the Big Show after nailing him with a sledgehammer.

WWE Championship - Elimination Chamber

Entry Order

1-2. John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

3. Carlito

4. Kurt Angle

5. "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters

6. Kane

Elimination Order

1. Angle by HBK via Sweet Chin Music.

2. Kane by Masters and Carlito via Masters press-slamming Carlito and both pinning Kane.

3. HBK by Carlito via neckbreaker.

4. Masters by Carlito via low blow while Masters had Cena in the Masterlock.

5. Carlito by Cena via rollup.

Winner: John Cena

BUT WAIT! After the match, Edge cashed in the "Money in the Bank" briefcase he won at WrestleMania 21.

WWE Championship

Edge speared John Cena to become the new WWE Champion.

Good News

1. Edge finally becomes WWE Champion.

2. John Cena finally drops the title.

Bad News

1. It seems that Cena's spinning logo belt is the standard belt for RAW, as Edge's name is now on it. Lame.

2. The "live sex" celebration on RAW was completely pointless.

Meanwhile, on SmackDown!...

- Batista was ordered to drop the World Heavyweight Championship as a result of his injuries. A Battle Royal was issued to crown a new champion.

- In a surprising turn of events, Angle showed up on SmackDown and won the Battle Royal to become the new champion.

• 3 weeks later...

2006 Royal Rumble Results

Sunday Night Heat Opener

Fit Finlay def. Brian Kendrick

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Six-Way

Gregory Helms def. Kid Kash, Funaki, Jamie Noble, Nunzio and Paul London to become the new champion after landing the Shining Wizard on Funaki.

Special Guest Referee: Trish Stratus

Mickie James def. Ashley with a botched powerbomb off the top rope.

The Boogeyman squashed John Bradshaw Layfield with the pump-handle slam. And to think that WWE actually made JBL champ for nearly a year...

The Royal Rumble

Order of Entry

1. Triple-H

2. Rey Mysterio

3. Simon Dean

4. Psicosis

5. Ric Flair

6. The Big Show

7. Jonathan Coachman

8. Bobby Lashley

9. Kane

10. Sylvain

11. Carlito

12. Chris Benoit

13. Booker T.

14. Joey Mercury

15. Tatanka

16. Johnny Nitro

17. Trevor Murdoch

18. Eugene

19. Road Warrior Animal

20. Rob Van Dam

21. Orlando Jordan

22. Chavo Guerrero

23. Matt Hardy

24. Super Crazy

25. Shawn Michaels

26. "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters

27. Viscera

28. Shelton Benjamin

29. Goldust

30. Randy Orton

Order of Elimination

1. Dean, by HHH and Mysterio

2. Psicosis, by Mysterio

3. Flair, by HHH

4. Coach, by Show

5. Sylvain, by Lashley

6. Lashley, by Show and Kane

7-8. Show and Kane, by HHH

9. Booker, by Benoit

10. Animal, by RVD

11. Chavo, by HHH

12. Tatanka, by MNM

13. Murdoch, by HBK

14. Hardy, by Viscera

15. Eugene, by Benoit

16. Super Crazy, by Mysterio

17. Benoit, by Orton

18. Viscera, by Masters and Carlito

19. Masters, by Carlito

20. Goldust, by RVD

21. Jordan, by Orton

22. Mercury, by HBK

23. Nitro, by HBK

24. Shelton, by HBK

25. Because HBK broke the no-Sweet Chin Music clause, Vinnie Mac appeared. As he taunted HBK, Shane-O Mac appeared from behind and threw HBK out of the ring.

26. Carlito, by RVD

27. RVD, by HHH

28. HHH, by Mysterio

29. Orton, by Mysterio

Winner: Rey Mysterio

WWE Championship

John Cena made Edge tap out to the STFU to regain the WWE title.

World Heavyweight Championship

Kurt Angle used the ropes for leverage to pin Mark Henry.

After the match, the lights went out. Druids appeared from the stage entrance before Undertaker arrived on a chariot. He raised his arms to set off the overhead pyrotechnics. When he lowered his arms, lightning struck the ringposts before the ring collapsed. This was UT's way of saying Angle won't be champ for long.

Edited by areaseven

A7, if possible can you explain what the hell happened at the end of RAW tonight? Cannot make sense of it.

364986[/snapback]

Hell, I don't know what happened. I don't even think the WWE writers know what happened. All I know is that Lita was supposed to nail Cena with the belt, but she ended up hitting Edge with it.

I just finished watching a rerun of TNA's recent PPV Genesis, and I must say that many of the wrestlers are too dangerous to work in the WWE, especially Samoa Joe. When he has his opponent against the turnbuckle, he doesn't do a fake mudhole stomp like Austin; he literally shoves his foot on the guy's face. And the way he brutalized Chris Daniels on the PPV looked like he killed him.

Hell, if this keeps up, I'll just stop watching WWE. Besides, what's the point of watching some guy eat live worms in the middle of the ring?

349415[/snapback]

Sorry to drag this quote from out of nowhere but what is your beef with Joe? Surely you are Kayfabing about him being too "dangerous" to work in the WWE? Joe is arguably the greatest wrestler in America right now, and he did turn down an opportunity to work for the WWE in '05. His offense is SUPPOSED to look brutal, that is what makes it cool to watch, but to each his own, I guess. Joe is no more dangerous than any of the other wrestlers(Benoit,Jericho,Eddie G.,Malenko) who spent much of their formative years in Japan. It is just as well that he isn't in WWE though, he would be wasted...