The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

Hey guys, one of my classmates went to the recent smackdown taping, and he was there holding some sign I think. Anyways he said a fight broke out between this lesbian couple and someone behind them that kept annoying them with a sign(it kept hitting them), I can't recall exactly what he said, but anyways while one of the events was going on in ring, a lot of the fans near the couple started paying attention to the fight more than the event(this don't surprise me). So yea, just something to try to look out for when you watch smackdown tonight!(if the cameras got it).

So yea, just something to try to look out for when you watch smackdown tonight!(if the cameras got it).

373450[/snapback]

Since SmackDown! is pre-recorded, you're not gonna see that on TV. Any in-crowd incident not related to the show will be edited out. In-ring mistakes will be either edited out or re-shot after the next match.

So yea, just something to try to look out for when you watch smackdown tonight!(if the cameras got it).

373450[/snapback]

Since SmackDown! is pre-recorded, you're not gonna see that on TV. Any in-crowd incident not related to the show will be edited out. In-ring mistakes will be either edited out or re-shot after the next match.

373456[/snapback]

Since Smackdown is shot a few days in advanced, is it the same with RAW? Up until a few years ago, I thought these shows were being broadcast almost live with just a few mintue time delay. Maybe this was the case during the WWF vs. WCW era.

I can remember back in the late 80's/early 90's when a few episodes of Superstars of Wrestling and a few other WWF programs were shot here in Omaha. Some of these shows were shot several weeks in advance of their TV airing... it was real bizzare one time for a taping of Superstars of Wrestling when Hulk Hogan refered to an upcoming pay per view event as being "the next day" when in reality that PPV wasn't until a week or two from that upcoming Sunday (and this show was being taped on a Monday or Tuesday)! :p

Hey guys, one of my classmates went to the recent smackdown taping, and he was there holding some sign I think. Anyways he said a fight broke out between this lesbian couple and someone behind them that kept annoying them with a sign(it kept hitting them), I can't recall exactly what he said, but anyways while one of the events was going on in ring, a lot of the fans near the couple started paying attention to the fight more than the event(this don't surprise me).  So yea, just something to try to look out for when you watch smackdown tonight!(if the cameras got it).

373450[/snapback]

Are you sure that wasn't scripted? Sounds like something Vince McMahon would think up. :p

For those interested, Wrestlecrap.com has just posted the second part of its interview with Vince Russo last night.

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/wrestlecrapradio.html

I've listened to both interviews and it was quite interesting to get Vince's view point of what he did while being in the WWF and WCW. Be warned, it will probably take a while to download both parts of the interview probably because of the increased traffic. Last night when I downloaded part 2, the download sppeeds crept along at about 30k a second even with high speed Internet! With my DSL connection at work, it's been varrying from 10k down to 3k! :p

• 3 weeks later...

If you missed Saturday Night's Main Event earlier tonight, consider yourself lucky. It was no different from an average episode of RAW - only with more time-consuming segments such as the drinking contest between Austin and JBL. And while the HBK/Shane-O Mac street fight was unbelievably good, the ending was just crap with Vinnie Mac doing a Montreal Incident on HBK.

If you missed Saturday Night's Main Event earlier tonight, consider yourself lucky. It was no different from an average episode of RAW - only with more time-consuming segments such as the drinking contest between Austin and JBL. And while the HBK/Shane-O Mac street fight was unbelievably good, the ending was just crap with Vinnie Mac doing a Montreal Incident on HBK.

381853[/snapback]

Ya SNME was really mediocre. Who'd have thought HBK vs Shane would be the best match. Good to see Jim Ross back though.

And somebody beat Mick Foley over the head with a shovel. I hate that fat slob.

Ya SNME was really mediocre. Who'd have thought HBK vs Shane would be the best match.  Good to see Jim Ross back though.

381914[/snapback]

Even though he is the boss' son, Shane-O Mac has been able to deliver some of the best matches in and out of the ring. Of course, he ripped off RVD in the process, but still, no one expected him to take such big bumps (i.e. his matches with Kane and Big Show). Hell, I didn't expect HBK to execute that superplex off the ladder through the tables.

As for Good Ol' JR, I hope he's not back on RAW full-time, as I was already getting used to Joey Styles. Besides, weren't you guys already sick of the following lines?

- "Slobber-knocker!"

- "[insert finishing move here x2]"

- "...Mrs. Foley's baby boy..."

- "Stone Cold! Stone Cold!"

And yeah, Edge should stop wasting his time with Foley. Give Edge a better opponent, like RVD.

Speaking of RVD, he wasn't on SNME last night, as he was shopping at the Wizard World Comic Convention. I met up with him and checked out what he bought. He got a bootleg ECW 10-disc set and a Soundwave bust.

Ya SNME was really mediocre. Who'd have thought HBK vs Shane would be the best match.  Good to see Jim Ross back though.

381914[/snapback]

Even though he is the boss' son, Shane-O Mac has been able to deliver some of the best matches in and out of the ring. Of course, he ripped off RVD in the process, but still, no one expected him to take such big bumps (i.e. his matches with Kane and Big Show). Hell, I didn't expect HBK to execute that superplex off the ladder through the tables.

As for Good Ol' JR, I hope he's not back on RAW full-time, as I was already getting used to Joey Styles. Besides, weren't you guys already sick of the following lines?

- "Slobber-knocker!"

- "[insert finishing move here x2]"

- "...Mrs. Foley's baby boy..."

- "Stone Cold! Stone Cold!"

And yeah, Edge should stop wasting his time with Foley. Give Edge a better opponent, like RVD.

Speaking of RVD, he wasn't on SNME last night, as he was shopping at the Wizard World Comic Convention. I met up with him and checked out what he bought. He got a bootleg ECW 10-disc set and a Soundwave bust.

381931[/snapback]

I thought I read that JR was only coming back for SNME and maybe Wrestlemania. I do like Joey Styles. I've liked his work since ECW. I hope he stays on RAW.

Ya, RVD vs Edge storyline would be pretty cool. This Mick Foley crap has gotta to go.

There's a (very) small chance I might be going to the Hall of Fame ceremony. One of my wife's students bought tickets but might not be able to go.

I thought I read that JR was only coming back for SNME and maybe Wrestlemania. I do like Joey Styles. I've liked his work since ECW. I hope he stays on RAW.

Ya, RVD vs Edge storyline would be pretty cool. This Mick Foley crap has gotta to go.

There's a (very) small chance I might be going to the Hall of Fame ceremony. One of my wife's students bought tickets but might not be able to go.

381945[/snapback]

RVD told me that there will be another ECW PPV later this year. Hopefully, Styles (and no one else, just like the good old days) does the commentary.

Hope you attend the Hall of Fame ceremony. I can't even imagine the crowd reaction for Bret when he gets inducted.

For those who just tuned in, here is a short list of current inductees of this year's Hall of Fame:

1. Bret "Hitman" Hart

2. Eddie Guerrero

3. Mean Gene Okerlund

4. Sensational Sherri

5. Verne Gagne (founder of AWA)

6. Tony Atlas

7. The Blackjacks

This year's ceremony is rather different, as it includes people who were more successful outside the WWE. But then again, now that WWE owns all of AWA's video archives, it makes a lot of sense.

Edited by areaseven

After 15 years or so after attending my last WWF match at the Omaha Civic Auditorium, a week from Monday I will be at the Qwest Center here in Omaha to see RAW which is being broadcasted from here. A few nights ago, a friend of mine, who's been a big wrestling fan for years, threw the idea of both of us going down there. I said what the heck and a few minutes later the tickets were ordered. Good thing it wasn't tomorrow since it's been snowing all day today and we're suppose to get maybe a foot of the white stuff by the time it all ends tomorrow night. Though I have only been casually following the WWE recently, since it's been 15 years since I've been to a live WWF/WWE event, still looking forward to it. At least I can finally say that I've been in the Qwest Center! :D

Tonight at the Omaha Qwest Center... RAW - IS - OMAHA! :D

One of my coworkers got back from the Gold's Gym at 108th just north of Q Street just a little bit ago. It appears that virtually all the wrestlers went to another Gold's Gym in town to do their workouts, but the one and only Torrie Wilson was at this one. She was on the treadmill for like over an hour. Obviously there were a lot of gawkers. :D

WrestleMania 22 is just about four days away. As usual, I'll be watching it and I'll post results ASAP. But since WWE has been so predictable over the past couple of years, I might as well post the "projected" (NOT official, but expect these to happen) results right now:

WWE Championship

John Cena landed the F-U on Triple-H to retain the title.

World Heavyweight Championship - Triple-Threat

Randy Orton def. Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio after landing the RKO on Angle to become the new Champion.

No Holds Barred

Shawn Michaels landed some Sweet Chin Music on Mr. McMahon.

Money in the Bank

Okay, this is probably the only match I can't predict, except for the fact that Ric Flair won't win this one.

Casket Match

Oh please! Like Undertaker will actually job to Mark Henry, especially at WrestleMania, where he remains undefeated.

Hardcore Match

Edge destroyed Mick Foley with a couple of Concertos and a Spear.

WWE United States Championship

Chris Benoit made John Bradshaw Layfield tap out to the Crossface. WWE can go to hell if JBL wins this one.

World Tag Team Championship

Carlito & "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters def. Kane & The Big Show to become new Champions.

WWE Women's Championship

Here's a real shocker - Mickie James def. Trish Stratus to become the new Champion.

If Booker T. jobs to the Boogeyman, someone in Stamford, CT, is gonna get a chairshot from me...

Playboy Pillow Fight

Candice Michelle def. Torrie Wilson. But then again, who cares?

I'll post some of my experiences from RAW later on including some pictures. :) I had quite a bit of fun. Afterwards my friend Mike and I stood out on the street corner where a lot of the wrestlers and other WWE personalities were driving past in their rental cars or vehicles. Every single one of them was on a cell phone... how many were actually talking on their phones or just using them as security blankets to ignore the public, I don't know. The funny thing was that Mike and I were about the only people standing there realizing that there were wrestlers in these vehicles and most people were going across the street not paying any attention to who was in these cars! There was a black and white limo that left separately and we both believe that Vince was in one and Triple H and Stephanie were probably in the other... each time the limos came up to the corner, Mike started to pretend to walk around like Vince all stiff looking and everything! :lol:

WWE WrestleMania 22 Results

WWE Tag Team Championship

Big Show & Kane def. Carlito & "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters after Kane chokeslammed Carlito.

Money in the Bank

Rob Van Dam beat Shelton Benjamin, Matt Hardy, Fit Finlay, Bobby Lashley and Ric Flair to the briefcase. Best damn match of the night.

WWE United States Championship

John Bradshaw Layfield reversed the Crossface and rolled Chris Benoit to a rope-supported pinfall to become the new U.S. Champion.

Hardcore Match

Edge speared Mick Foley through a flaming table outside the ring for the win.

Mixed Handicap Match

The Boogeyman def. Booker T. and Sharmell after landing a two-handed chokeslam on Booker.

WWE Women's Championship

Mickie James kicked Trish Stratus in the head - after Trish refused to sell her version of the Stratusfaction - to become the new Champion. Oddly enough, the entire crowd cheered for Mickie.

Casket Match

Duh! The Undertaker made Mark Henry rest in peace.

The Showstopper vs. The Boss - No Holds Barred

Shawn Michaels put a trash can over Mr. McMahon before placing him on a table. He then landed an elbow drop from a 20+ foot ladder before giving Vinnie Mac some Sweet Chin Music. As Vinnie Mac was brought out on a stretcher, he gave HBK the finger.

World Heavyweight Championship - Triple-Threat

Rey Mysterio def. Kurt Angle and Randy Orton to become the new Champion after landing the 619 and West Coast Pop on Orton.

Playboy Pillow Fight

Torrie Wilson rolled up Candice Michelle for the pin.

WWE Heavyweight Championship

John Cena made Triple-H tap out to the STFU to retain the title. The entire Chicago crowd booed Cena out of the arena.

post-237-1144055433_thumb.jpg

post-237-1144055474_thumb.jpg

post-237-1144055490_thumb.jpg

post-237-1144055531_thumb.jpg

post-237-1144055573_thumb.jpg

post-237-1144055622_thumb.jpg

post-237-1144055664_thumb.jpg

Edited by areaseven

Some WrestleMania 22 and WWE Hall of Fame notes:

- Shawn Michaels and his wife left the HOF Ceremony shortly before Bret "Hitman" Hart was inducted. As he left, there were mixed chants of "HBK!" and "You Screwed Bret!" by the crowd.

- Hulk Hogan killed rumors of him appearing at WM22 by flying to Long Beach, CA, on Sunday morning. Bret also left Chicago as well.

- The best match of the night was the Money in the Bank ladder match. One of the best spots was when Shelton Benjamin used a ladder as a ramp to launch himself towards RVD, Matt Hardy and Bobby Lashley. Towards the end, RVD, Hardy and Benjamin fought on two ladders until RVD kicked the opposing ladder, sending Hardy and Benjamin crashing out of the ring. With no opposition, RVD unhooked the briefcase to become a guaranteed championship contender for a year.

- WM22 was a night filled with blown spots. During the Trish/Mickie match, Mickie kicked Trish on the leg, causing Trish to fall face-first. In retaliation, Trish botched Mickie's version of the Stratusfaction by not moving when Mickie ran towards the ropes.

- Another blown spot was during the triple-threat match, where Rey Mysterio attempted to do a 619 on Angle from one corner of the ring. However, he was too far from Angle and he hit the ringpost head-first.

- Many Superstars had dramatic and not-so-dramatic entrances. P.O.D. performed Rey Mysterio's theme live. Triple-H had a new intro song ("Bow Down to the King" by Motorhead) and was decked out in barbaric attire that would bring a tear to Agent ONE's eyes (Oh, wait a minute - Cimmerians don't cry!). John Cena's entrance involved a 1930s car and Chicago mobsters toting tommy guns.

Edited by areaseven

Last night on RAW:

- I always knew the Tag belts were worthless these days. Big Show/Kane lost to The Spirit Squad.

- Vinnie Mac told HBK that the war isn't over yet. At Backlash, he teams up with Shane-O Mac in a tag match against HBK and "God."

- After losing in his match against Shelton Benjamin for the I-C title, Chavo Guerrero called it quits.

- As Ric Flair was in the ring cutting a promo, some Cuban guy named Armando Alejandro Estrada interrupted him and introduced a 350-lb wrestler named Umaga, who squashed the Nature Boy shortly after entering the ring.

- I just don't get the WWE crowd. It's clear that HHH is destroying the business, so why's everyone rooting for him?

Last night on RAW:

- I always knew the Tag belts were worthless these days. Big Show/Kane lost to The Spirit Squad.

I recorded the episode to DVD last night so I haven't watched it, so did they give the whole team the belts or just two of the members?

- Vinnie Mac told HBK that the war isn't over yet. At Backlash, he teams up with Shane-O Mac in a tag match against HBK and "God."

The last wrestler we saw coming out of the Qwest Center last Monday was KBK himself. Since my friend Mike is really impressed that HBK is a born again Christian in the wrestling business (both of us belong to the same Christain singles group here in town - http://www.greatadventureomaha.com/), he stood at the edge of the curb and started signalling with his hands, "I'm praying for you, man!" From Shawn's reaction, I think he understood what Mike was trying to say. Unfortunately before we could have had the chance to talk to him, the woman in the car ahead of him (which was also waiting to turn left) began to realize that it was either Shawn Michaels or some other wrestler actually got out of her car with a notebook and pen in hand and started walking back to his car. At this point, Shawn's driver quickly swerved around her car and got the heck out of there. Dumb broad! :p

I just don't get the WWE crowd. It's clear that HHH is destroying the business, so why's everyone rooting for him?

When I was at the Qwest Center last Monday and watching Wrestlemania on Sunday night, I was wondering the same thing, too. Considering that HHH seemed to be getting over with the crowd more then Cena, I was actually surprised when Cena beat HHH by submission. I think HHH has been hated long enough, the crowd may be starting to love to hate him. Like Ric Flair, HHH may be developing his own unique fan base regardless whether he is a heal, a babyface, or even if the fans are generally sick of him.

I recorded the episode to DVD last night so I haven't watched it, so did they give the whole team the belts or just two of the members?

387627[/snapback]

Two of the members (I don't know their names, as I don't give a crap about them) hold the belts, but I won't be surprised if they rotated the belts between all of them.

In case no one noticed, a handful of ex-WWE wrestlers such as Test and Sean O'Haire got their jobs back. However, don't expect them to stay for long. Vinnie Mac rehired them merely to have mid-card heavyweights in the roster - primarily for Sunday Night Heat and Velocity.

Meanwhile, Tyson Tomko has been released from the WWE. For a big guy, he had a lot of potential, especially during the time he was Christian's "problem solver." But then again, WWE's loss is TNA's gain.

- I just don't get the WWE crowd. It's clear that HHH is destroying the business, so why's everyone rooting for him?

387613[/snapback]

That's because we here in Chicago cheer for the bad guy lol :lol: But I wouldn't cheer for HHH though. Never liked him. And besides Cena f-ing blows. One of the worst WWE champs ever. Truly forgettable.

It has happened here before. Back in the day when the Hart Foundation were heels, they were cheered endlessly here for beating the crap out of the British Bulldogs. Same goes for Macho Man vs Hogan or Ricky Steamboat.

It has happened here before. Back in the day when the Hart Foundation were heels, they were cheered endlessly here for beating the crap out of the British Bulldogs. Same goes for Macho Man vs Hogan or Ricky Steamboat.

388066[/snapback]

Let's not forget WrestleMania 13, when the Chicago crowd literally made Bret heel and Austin babyface.

Since we're into HHH bashing mode, here's the match that HHH doesn't want you to see!

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/classic2.html

(It'll be up until at least Thursday night)

Talking about HHH and HBK, did anyone notice that both of them did the Degeneration X crotch chop during Wrestlemania? A possible reunion coming soon? :blink:

Okay time to post some pics from last Monday's RAW! Sorry that these aren't the greatest... they were taken with my old 2 megapixel camera. I have a top of the line, 8 megapixel Canon Digital Rebel with a 75-300mm telescoping lens, but I didn't feel like risking nearly $1200 worth of camera equipment! :p Still, I wish I had it with me and perhaps if I go again, I might take it with me next time.

Anyway, here's some pics from last week's RAW.

First of which here's the Omaha Qwest Center on the inside... definitely quite a bit bigger then the Omaha Civic Auditorium which was the main place in town for many years for music concerts, sports (including WWF shows), and other public events. Also got a picture of the equipment and displays that the TV production people are at (notice that the camera action hardly ever points over in this direction in relationship to the stage and ring).

post-342-1144290355_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144290377_thumb.jpg

During the hour leading up to RAW, there were several mid-carder/jobber matches. First of which was Trevor Murdoch against... against... I can't remember his name! I remember the guy had been out of the WWE for over a year or so and he had just started wrestling in the WWE again. Trevor won.

post-342-1144290817_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144290846_thumb.jpg

Edited by Apollo Leader

Chavo Guerrero vs. Rob Conway. If people keep yelling out, "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!!!" Chavo's going to think he is the reincarnation of his uncle! :p Chavo won.

post-342-1144290941_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144290954_thumb.jpg

Edited by Apollo Leader

The Bizzare One himself, Goldust vs. Gene Snitsky. Deffinitely one of the worst matches of the night with several mistimed and misplaced moves, but the crowd was definitely cheering for Virgil "Dustin Rhodes, Goldust, Seven" Runnels III. Goldust won.

post-342-1144291641_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144291660_thumb.jpg

Edited by Apollo Leader

RAW time! Look at all the signs... at somepoint early on during RAW, someone outside of the floor seating was holding up a sign saying "TNA is better" and not too long afterwards one of the WWE goons in black grabbed the sign from the guy. :p There was also a guy holding a sign which I think said "Blade is here". I presume this is refering to Blade Braxton?

Lilian Garcia started things off by singing the Star Spangled Banner (awesome job, Lilian! :) ).

post-342-1144291903_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144291946_thumb.jpg

First match, Carlito vs. Kane. Kane of course. Afterwards, the Masterpiece and Carlito were out in the ring dissing us who live in the area. Kane chased Carlito away and then the Masterpiece had to perform his submission on The Big Show who was a little to big for him to handle.

post-342-1144293850_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144293970_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144293997_thumb.jpg

HHH vs HBK. When things went bad for Shawn, John "The Vanilla Ice of Professional Wrestling" Cena came to the rescue. (Does anyone notice that Cena is looking increasingly like Stone Cold?)

BTW, I dare anyone to make up a sign with the Ultimate Warrior's logo and hold it up when Vince is out on the floor. :D

More pictures tomorrow or Friday. :)

post-342-1144300513_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144300539_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144300566_thumb.jpg

post-342-1144300590_thumb.jpg

Edited by Apollo Leader