The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

ECW One Night Stand Results

Lance Storm def. Chris Jericho after Justin Credible - with Singapore cane in hand - interfered.

Cruiserweight Three-Way Dance

1. Tajiri def. Little Guido

2. Super Crazy def. Tajiri via moonsault

Winner: Super Crazy

Rey Mysterio def. Psicosis

Sabu def. Rhyno using a chair-clad legdrop through a table after RVD interfered.

Chris Benoit made Eddie Guerrero tap out.

Mike Awesome destroyed Masato Tanaka via plancha after he put Tanaka through a table.

The Dudleyz def. Sandman & Tommy Dreamer after putting Dreamer through a flaming table.

After the match, Stone Cold Steve Austin entered the ring and invited the WWE "Crusaders" to come over. A battle royal ensued. In the middle of the chaos, Tazz choked out Kurt Angle. After the WWE wrestlers left the ring, the ECW roster took turns doing their finishers on Eric Bischoff.

Earlier tonight on RAW:

- Austin appeared and did his usual thing to Muhammad Hassan. Yawn.

- Last week, he survived a brutal match with Val Venis. Tonight, "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters put the Masterlock on Sgt. Slaughter. Double-Yawn.

- What's the whole point of pairing Viscera with Lilian Garcia?

- Y2J turned heel and attacked John Cena. I don't know with you guys, but turning heel/face every year will damage anyone's career.

- RAW's second draft pick: Kurt Angle. It's True. It's Damn True.

Earlier tonight on SmackDown!:

- Well, we saw it coming - Randy Orton is SmackDown!'s second draft pick. Just like HBK vs. Angle on RAW, we'll once again see RKO feud with the Undertaker.

In other news:

- ECW One Night Stand may be over, but people are still talking about what happened beyond the PPV. During the WWE vs. ECW melee, JBL legitimately bloodied up the Blue Meanie. Apparently, because of his ties with Vinnie Mac, he won't be receiving any disciplinary action anytime soon.

- There was also a backstage altercation between Francine and Dawn Marie that nearly wound up being a catfight.

- Former WWE Diva Rochelle Loewen spoke out on how Randy Orton made her leave the company. Article here.

• 4 weeks later...

Time to bring everyone updated with wrestling news.

- The following WWE superstars were just released early this month:

Bubba Ray Dudley

D-Von Dudley

Joy Giovanni

Kenzo Suzuki

Matt Morgan

Charlie Haas

Jackie Gayda

Marty Jannetty

Dawn Marie

Mark Jindrak

Maven

Shannon Moore

James Yun (Akio)

David Heath (Gangrel)

Billy Kidman

Spike Dudley

- Yeah, fire the good wrestlers and keep Viscera on TV? That sure makes sense, doesn't it?

- In addition, James E. Cornette has been fired from OVW for slapping a rookie wrestler backstage.

- After months of "You Screwed Matt!" and "We Want Matt!" chants from rabid fans, Matt Hardy made his return to the WWE on this week's episode of RAW. As expected, he's feuding with Edge and Lita, but him telling WWE to kiss his @$$ on live TV is rather odd.

- And the reason for all those releases: Brock Lesnar.

Time to bring everyone updated with wrestling news.

- The following WWE superstars were just released early this month:

Bubba Ray Dudley

D-Von Dudley

Joy Giovanni

Kenzo Suzuki

Matt Morgan

Charlie Haas

Jackie Gayda

Marty Jannetty

Dawn Marie

Mark Jindrak

Maven

Shannon Moore

James Yun (Akio)

David Heath (Gangrel)

Billy Kidman

Spike Dudley

- Yeah, fire the good wrestlers and keep Viscera on TV? That sure makes sense, doesn't it?

- In addition, James E. Cornette has been fired from OVW for slapping a rookie wrestler backstage.

- After months of "You Screwed Matt!" and "We Want Matt!" chants from rabid fans, Matt Hardy made his return to the WWE on this week's episode of RAW. As expected, he's feuding with Edge and Lita, but him telling WWE to kiss his @$$ on live TV is rather odd.

- And the reason for all those releases: Brock Lesnar.

310916[/snapback]

Why the hell would they release the Dudleys??? They were the strongest tag team they had with the most name recognition! Who do they have now, the stupid Hollywood tag team and the French guys?! Sheesh.

Brock Lesnar has almost no mic skills. Who needs a sub-par Batista, which is exactly what Brock basically is - a huge Howdy Doody Batista type wrestler.

Why the hell would they release the Dudleys???  They were the strongest tag team they had with the most name recognition!  Who do they have now, the stupid Hollywood tag team and the French guys?!  Sheesh.

Brock Lesnar has almost no mic skills.  Who needs a sub-par Batista, which is exactly what Brock basically is - a huge Howdy Doody Batista type wrestler.

310946[/snapback]

Apparently, the WWE simply did not want to negotiate a deal with the Dudleyz. Besides, the company doesn't care about tag teams anymore.

And unlike Batista, Lesnar actually has wrestling skills. That's why I'd rather have him as champ than Batista.

What? Lesnar's coming back? What happened? I though he left to go pursue some other career.

Very surprised about some of the released wrestlers, the Dudleys for sure. Haven't watched restling in ages, but still, I know those guys shouldn't have been released, simply because of their charisma and reaction they get from crowds.

What? Lesnar's coming back? What happened? I though he left to go pursue some other career.

The Minnesota Vikings didn't want him, and neither did the NFL as a whole. He also tried to sue WWE because of the no-compete clause on his contract. Well, if he signed it, he should've already known about it.

The Minnesota Vikings didn't want him, and neither did the NFL as a whole. He also tried to sue WWE because of the no-compete clause on his contract. Well, if he signed it, he should've already known about it.

311055[/snapback]

So after all that, WWE is still taking him back?

Although I have to say, one of the coolest things I've ever seen was him suplexing (I think that's what he did) Big Show from the top rope causing the whole mat to crash down knocking down all the corner posts. Insane.

Apparently, the WWE simply did not want to negotiate a deal with the Dudleyz. Besides, the company doesn't care about tag teams anymore.

And unlike Batista, Lesnar actually has wrestling skills. That's why I'd rather have him as champ than Batista.

311044[/snapback]

I dunno about that... I don't see much different between either of them when it comes to wrestling. How much wrestling does a guy of that stature need to do? Stone Cold got over with just 3 moves: punch, kick, Stunner! You can't really say that Stone Cold had a Malenko-like repetoire of moves but it was his personality that got him over. For Batista, he's basically the same big guy with limited moves that they have out there, but at least he can appear to be intense. Lesnar's mic skills have always been questionable and he's probably even worse now. His move repertoire isn't anything different as far as I can see from other big guys like Goldberg or Batista.

311044[/snapback]

I dunno about that... I don't see much different between either of them when it comes to wrestling. How much wrestling does a guy of that stature need to do? Stone Cold got over with just 3 moves: punch, kick, Stunner! You can't really say that Stone Cold had a Malenko-like repetoire of moves but it was his personality that got him over. For Batista, he's basically the same big guy with limited moves that they have out there, but at least he can appear to be intense. Lesnar's mic skills have always been questionable and he's probably even worse now. His move repertoire isn't anything different as far as I can see from other big guys like Goldberg or Batista.

311170[/snapback]

I gotta disagree, living just north of Louisville, I got to see Brock quite a bit as he was developing in OVW, and while he had an array of power moves, he also mastered a Shooting Star Press!!! Now granted, "on the big stage" of Wrestlemania, he muffed it up against Angle and damn near broke his neck in the process. That is why I was heartbroken when he left; he was leaps and bounds better at his age and stage of development than any "big man" I had ever seen. He is MILES ahead of Dave Batista and I am a fan of Batista, and if given the chance, he and Batista could have an excellent match(with Brock carrying him). If he can be humbled and not have the industry handed to him on a platter like before, he can have the career that Kurt Angle should have had before the neck injury/surgery. He will never be a great promo man, but really, I watch wrestling to see wrestling, if I want comedy or soap operas, I'll watch those. I'll go back to lurking now... :)

Last night on RAW:

- Another Masterlock Challenge by Chris Masters. Yawn.

- Hogan accepted HBK's challenge for SummerSlam.

- Matt Hardy once again did a run-in on Edge. Even though he's appeared on RAW twice, no one knows his current status, as he hasn't officially signed a contract with WWE. There were rumors of him appearing on TNA to convince everyone he's a free agent.

And after over 20 years in the business, the WWE's most famous referee has been given the pink slip. From TopWrestling.com:

Earl Hebner was fired by WWE Monday after allegedly selling merchandise without authorization. Hebner's twin brother Dave has NOT been fired, although he has apparently been disciplined for being a part of the act.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night on RAW:

- WTF?!? Tatanka is still alive?

- Vinnie Mac came in to announce that RAW has officially spawned more episodes than any TV show in history (the previous record holder was Gunsmoke). He also announced that after nearly a year of "You Screwed Matt!" and "We Want Matt!" chants, Matt Hardy has officially returned to the WWE.

- Hardy made some very detailed comments on how Lita cheated on him and how their relationship nearly ended his career. He also announced that he'll be facing his former best friend Edge at SummerSlam.

- This whole Diva Search is a complete waste of time. Other than to promote Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, adding Rob Schneider into the mix was completely pointless.

- Anyone here tired of seeing John Cena as champ?

Last night on RAW:

- WTF?!? Tatanka is still alive?

- Vinnie Mac came in to announce that RAW has officially spawned more episodes than any TV show in history (the previous record holder was Gunsmoke). He also announced that after nearly a year of "You Screwed Matt!" and "We Want Matt!" chants, Matt Hardy has officially returned to the WWE.

- Hardy made some very detailed comments on how Lita cheated on him and how their relationship nearly ended his career. He also announced that he'll be facing his former best friend Edge at SummerSlam.

- This whole Diva Search is a complete waste of time. Other than to promote Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, adding Rob Schneider into the mix was completely pointless.

- Anyone here tired of seeing John Cena as champ?

316577[/snapback]

Yeah, while Cena's promos can be funny at times, he is still green in the ring. I could've SWORE he had more moves than that in OVW :blink: , maybe it is the "WWE style" that is hampering him(ask RVD about that). I would love to see Jericho get the strap and then let Cena chase him for it, until HHH shows up to lay claim to it :rolleyes: . I don't see them taking the strap off of him because they see him as a "break-out/crossover" star, but they are doing the whole "unworthy" champ thing that they did with Austin, and he dropped it a few times so anything is possible. Oh well, anything is better than JBL as champ, honestly how can WWE justify letting him hold THE belt(not HHH's made-up Raw title) for 10 months and not even let RVD get a whiff of it?? <_< . Anyway, did anyone see another OVW talent with a HORRIBLE gimmick "The Con-Man"? Having seen it, how much longer until the rest of the Village People show up??

Anyway, did anyone see another OVW talent with a HORRIBLE gimmick "The Con-Man"? Having seen it, how much longer until the rest of the Village People show up??

316594[/snapback]

You had to bring that up, didn't you?

316608[/snapback]

Sorry, WWE's Un-Creative dept. is just really depressing. From lame-ass gimmicks like that to the Boogeyman, I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I miss the days of ECW and watch my Pioneer DVD's and videotapes all the time. I really think that unless TNA pulls a rabbit out of its' hat (being 20 mill in the hole, I doubt it), the WWE thinks that this and crap like the Diva search is what fans want to see. I USED to think that Vince McMahon was a egomaniac/genius, now I'm sure he is just an egomaniac who has ruined the business and hired TV/Sitcom writers(who have NO IDEA of the concept of the "sport" aspect) to script wrestling angles <_< ...

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway, did anyone see another OVW talent with a HORRIBLE gimmick "The Con-Man"? Having seen it, how much longer until the rest of the Village People show up??

316594[/snapback]

You had to bring that up, didn't you?

316608[/snapback]

Sorry, WWE's Un-Creative dept. is just really depressing. From lame-ass gimmicks like that to the Boogeyman, I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I miss the days of ECW and watch my Pioneer DVD's and videotapes all the time. I really think that unless TNA pulls a rabbit out of its' hat (being 20 mill in the hole, I doubt it), the WWE thinks that this and crap like the Diva search is what fans want to see. I USED to think that Vince McMahon was a egomaniac/genius, now I'm sure he is just an egomaniac who has ruined the business and hired TV/Sitcom writers(who have NO IDEA of the concept of the "sport" aspect) to script wrestling angles <_< ...

316706[/snapback]

I agree, these guys have killed the fun of old school wrestling

This past Monday on RAW:

- Ashley won the 2005 RAW Diva Search. And I was hoping for Elisabeth to win, but when she got eliminated early, that's when I thought this whole Diva Search should burn down in hell.

- As predicted, HBK interfered in the Hogan vs. Angle match. HBK already knows that the Montreal crowd hates him to no end; so to further infuriate them, he locked Hogan in the Sharpshooter.

Of course you know what this means - Hogan beats HBK this Sunday at SummerSlam. And some advice to WWE writers: Give Y2J the belt.

This past Monday on RAW:

- As predicted, HBK interfered in the Hogan vs. Angle match. HBK already knows that the Montreal crowd hates him to no end; so to further infuriate them, he locked Hogan in the Sharpshooter.

You gotta admit.....it was quite fun seeing them play Bret Hart's music again. :p

This past Monday on RAW:

- Ashley won the 2005 RAW Diva Search. And I was hoping for Elisabeth to win, but when she got eliminated early, that's when I thought this whole Diva Search should burn down in hell.

Of course you know what this means - Hogan beats HBK this Sunday at SummerSlam. And some advice to WWE writers: Give Y2J the belt.

321091[/snapback]

I would LOVE to see Jericho get another run with the belt, but I am pretty sure that he is taking some time off after Summerslam and they are already advertising Cena vs Angle title matches in some markets. It seems to me that Jericho is winding his in-ring career down and focusing on Fozzy(ugh..) and other activities. While I am glad that he did have a run with the belt, he was booked so poorly during his reign and as been used to put over so much talent since then, I don't think anyone will ever take him seriously again. :angry:

Now for some wrestling news:

- Former NWA-TNA X-Division Champion Frank Kazarian has left the WWE after working just a few episodes of Velocity. Like many other superstars, Kazarian was upset over the fact that the creative team had nothing for him.

- Seriously, will WWE just accept the fact that the Road Warriors died when Hawk died? What's the whole point of tagging Animal with - of all people - Heidenreich?

- There have been reports that 2005 RAW Diva Search winner Ashley was a Playboy Cybergirl of the month. That doesn't surprise me at all. Anyone have the pics, BTW?

WWE SummerSlam 2005 Results

Sunday Night Heat Opener

"The Masterpiece" Chris Masters trapped the Hurricane in the Masterlock.

WWE United States Championship

Chris Benoit made Orlando Jordan tap out in 30 seconds to become the new U.S. Champion.

Edge beat Matt Hardy to a bloody pulp.

Ladder Match - Custody of Dominick

Rey Mysterio def. Eddie Guerrero for full custody of his son after Eddie's wife interfered.

Gold Medals on the Line

Kurt Angle made Eugene tap out.

Phenom vs. Legend-Killer

Randy Orton landed the RKO on the Undertaker.

WWE Championship

John Cena landed the F-U on Chris Jericho.

World Heavyweight Championship - No Holds Barred

Batista destroyed JBL with a Batista Bomb on the ring steps.

Legend vs. Icon

Hulk Hogan landed the leg drop on Shawn Michaels. After the match, both shook hands. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Ok, I haven't been following WWE for a couple of months now, but I can't help but notice the abscence of a particular name from the Summer Slam results. Where the hell is HHH, and why aren't we celebrating his departure?

322568[/snapback]

HHH decided to take time off TV. Unfortunately, the Hollywood script writers have taken over since then.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Masters has to be the absolute WORST wrestler I have seen from the WWE in a loooooong time. So his name is Chris Masters and he has the Masterlock challenge?! Wow, that's so clever. And his finisher is a full nelson??? I don't get it, even Iron Mike Sharpe had more depth that this goon.

I like the fact that he's emulating the characteristics of '80s wrestlers (i.e. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, Hercules Hernandez) but yeah, Chris Masters really needs to work on his gimmick. What worked 20 years ago doesn't work today.

--

Here's a story that was mentioned on the weekly radio show Squared Circle: Talk on Professional Wrestling:

Several years ago, when ECW was still around, Paul Heyman told many of his wrestlers to patent their names ASAP. Apparently, when the WWE acquired ECW, the Dudley Boyz did not patent their names.

As many of you already know, the Dudleyz were recently released from the WWE. And because of this, they are no longer allowed to wrestle as the Dudleyz. They're currently working on independent shows as "Team 3D." Aside from losing his ring name, Matt Hyson (formerly known as Spike Dudley) cannot portray a character that bears the likeness of his WWE gimmick.

--

Also, does anyone here remember Ahmed Johnson?

326226[/snapback]

Yep, I remember that he disappeared suddenly then reappeared years later as "Big D" and fought Booker T in WCW. The only thing was when he came back as "Big D" he had the hugest beer belly and was totally out of shape. Weren't there stories that he constantly worked stiff against other wrestlers and was considered unsafe to work with?

326226[/snapback]

Yep, I remember that he disappeared suddenly then reappeared years later as "Big D" and fought Booker T in WCW. The only thing was when he came back as "Big D" he had the hugest beer belly and was totally out of shape. Weren't there stories that he constantly worked stiff against other wrestlers and was considered unsafe to work with?

326255[/snapback]

Yeah, Ahmed was pretty dangerous to himself and others as well(but STILL not as dangerous as Goldberg, ask Bret Hart). I remember "Shotgun Saturday Night" when he Pearl River Plunged D-Lo Brown on top of a car. He pretty much had to be helped off the car because he hurt himself(again). I actually believe Ahmed never actually completed any feud he was in because he kept getting hurt. But Vince McMahon LOVES big hosses like him, so we are force-fed goons like him and Chris Masters, Tyson Tomko, Gene Snitsky,Heidenreich..... <_< Oh well at least we have Ring of Honor and to a lesser extent TNA for some REAL professional wrestling.

That reminds me, so it appears that WWE lost the contract for Spike TV and TNA is taking over their spot. I saw a commercial for TNA last night during the Ultimate Fighter. That'll be nice to see something different. I heard that WWE is going back to USA, is this true?

I remember hearing a while ago that the WWE was going back to USA networks but didn't know about TNA. I've only caught a few of their shows on one of the ESPN channels but always missed it other times cause I was either getting out of classes late or just forgot about. It they are taking WWE's spot on Spike TV then I can finally watch. WWE hasn't been good for years anyway so no harm in getting rid of it for something different. Buying WCW and ECW were the worse things Vince did. No serious competition has made WWE horrible, almost painfull to watch over recent years. At least it was last time I watch but even that was a few years ago with me tuning in once in a while to see what is happening and seeing people I didn't even recognize and others I didn't even care about.

From my understanding, TNA will be on Saturday nights at 11:00pm, with a replay the following Monday night at 11:00pm, so unfortunately we will not see a true "head to head" competition. Vince claims that he doesn't fear TNA, but he sure is being awful protective of copywrights he claims to own(the Duleys, the New Age Outlaws) to make sure that if that talent shows up on TNA(Road Dog and Billy Gunn are already there), then at least they won't have the advantage of using their former names. He also signed Mick Foley to a new deal, when rumors were swirling that he would like to work with TNA because there is an overlap of talent that he worked with in ROH(Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels). That is the only way I see TNA having a chance, by using guys like Styles, Samoa Joe, Chris Daniels, Team Canada, Elix Skipper and the rest of the X-division to really set them apart from WWE's product. It damn sure isn't going to beat them by using Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash(ugh) and Monty Brown, although their world title picture is at least more interesting now with Raven as champion and Rhyno challenging. For my money, Ring of Honor, booked by ECW alum Gabe Sapolsky, is the new alternative, much like ECW was back in the day. The only difference is ROH is all about a very realistic(stiff) almost japanese-style, with all the best high spot artists, and a few hardcore matches that are called "blood feuds". If you love the SPORT of professional wrestling, then check out Ring of Honor. End of Rant :D

News from TopWrestling.com:

With TNA inking their 52-week deal with SpikeTV, many wrestlers who were released from the WWE early this year have jumped in. Just to name a few: Jackie Gayda, Charlie Haas and Gail Kim. Jushin "Thunder" Liger has also been signed for the Bound for Glory PPV.

While TNA failed to sign in Mick Foley, they are attempting to bring in Kevin Nash, Sting and other old WCW names before their SpikeTV debut.

--

Despite having never worked for the company, Sabu was offered a WWE Legends contract; he turned it down, citing no interest in contracts.

News from TopWrestling.com:

With TNA inking their 52-week deal with SpikeTV, many wrestlers who were released from the WWE early this year have jumped in. Just to name a few: Jackie Gayda, Charlie Haas and Gail Kim. Jushin "Thunder" Liger has also been signed for the Bound for Glory PPV.

While TNA failed to sign in Mick Foley, they are attempting to bring in Kevin Nash, Sting and other old WCW names before their SpikeTV debut.

--

Despite having never worked for the company, Sabu was offered a WWE Legends contract; he turned it down, citing no interest in contracts.

326567[/snapback]

Nash...the ratings killer? More old WCW has beens?

RAW the other night...zzz Carlio getting his ass kicked by Grandpa Flair?..yeah right. I love ya Ric but hang it up...please.

The only enjoyable wrestling show is Hogan knows best lol j/k