The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

The only enjoyable wrestling show is Hogan knows best lol j/k

326619[/snapback]

Speaking of which, there was an interview with Brooke Hogan wherein she mentioned that she can kick Lindsay Lohan's ass if given the chance. :lol::lol::lol:

326625[/snapback]

Yeah, but Lindsey Lohan's dad could drink Hogan under the table any minute of any day. :p

Considering that Lindsay is pretty much a skeleton these days, pretty much anyone could kick her ass! ;)

Speaking of which, there was an interview with Brooke Hogan wherein she mentioned that she can kick Lindsay Lohan's ass if given the chance.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

326625[/snapback]

Buying WCW and ECW were the worst things Vince did.

326311[/snapback]

Can't be that bad. Remember the XFL? :ph34r:

326455[/snapback]

Had Vince made a serious attempt to keep those as two separate entities away from the WWE/F with occasional dreammatch crossovers from time to time, it could have been great.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Unforgiven Results

Sunday Night Heat Opener

Rob Conway def. Tajiri with a swinging neckbreaker. And to believe Conway himself came up with his gimmick...

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Ric Flair locked the figure-four on Carlito to become the new I-C Champ. The I-C title has further gone down in value.

Trish Stratus & Ashley def. Torrie Wilson & Victoria after Trish landed the Chick Kick on Victoria.

Big Show destroyed Gene Snitsky. Yawn.

Shelton Benjamin landed the T-Bone Suplex on Kerwin White. I swear, why can't Chavo get any respect?

Steel Cage Match

Matt Hardy annihilated Edge with a leg drop off the top of the cage. Best match of the night (and possibly this year).

WWE Tag Team Championship

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch def. Hurricane & Rosey to become the new Tag Champs.

HBK Still Lays Down to No One

Shawn Michaels gave "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters some Sweet Chin Music.

WWE Championship

Kurt Angle def. John Cena by DQ after Cena nailed Angle with the belt. Cena remains champ.

After the match, Bischoff protested the outcome of the match. He got an F-U for his troubles. Angle then attempted to Angle Slam Cena on the Spanish Announcers' Table (where else?), but Cena reversed it and gave Angle the F-U through the table.

After five years on TNN/SpikeTV, RAW has returned to the USA Network. And the show has once again reverted to The Triple-H Show:

- Matt Hardy lost to Edge; as a result, he is out of the show.

- The Game has returned. And he's back into his backstabbing ways as he beat Flair to a bloody pulp and dragged him (and the entire show) all over the arena.

- Rob Conway does not deserve any air time. Nevertheless, it's funny how he sold Dusty Rhodes' Bionic Elbow, Kevin Von Erich's Claw (Wait a minute! He wasn't a WWE Legend.) and Jimmy Snuka's Superfly Splash.

- Bischoff jobs to Cena. Yawn. Cena vs. Angle again. Double yawn.

- RAW vs. SmackDown! in the ring. What a flat ending.

Now to see what the fuss is about with RAW Exposed...

So I watched TNA on Spike and I actually liked it! You know why I liked it? Was it the great wrestling? No. Was it the ex WWE stars? No. Was it the different octagon ring? No. The only reason why I liked it was that it is DIFFERENT and not WWE. Not knowing alot of the wrestlers and gimmicks and stories, felt like 96 all over again when I tuned into WCW and didn't know what the hell was going on.

Earlier tonight on The Triple-H Show:

- Stephanie Mac (now a blonde) made her presence known by slapping everyone on her way. She announced that Vinnie Mac was on his way to the show, and someone's getting fired.

- Who is Nikki James? She just happened to do a run-in after the Trish/Victoria match. Not that anyone cares, though.

- Vinnie Mac blamed the crowd for Austin Stunning every McMahon in the ring last week. Blah blah blah. He then demanded an apology from JR, Lawler and Coach (who naturally kissed @$$). He then had Stephanie Mac slap JR. Linda Mac then fired JR before giving him a low blow.

- At least we won't be hearing from JR for a while.

- Stephanie Mac (now a blonde) made her presence known by slapping everyone on her way. She announced that Vinnie Mac was on his way to the show, and someone's getting fired.

- Who is Nikki James? She just happened to do a run-in after the Trish/Victoria match. Not that anyone cares, though.

- Vinnie Mac blamed the crowd for Austin Stunning every McMahon in the ring last week. Blah blah blah. He then demanded an apology from JR, Lawler and Coach (who naturally kissed @$$). He then had Stephanie Mac slap JR. Linda Mac then fired JR before giving him a low blow.

335724[/snapback]

First Off: Brock Lesnar, in his first match with New Japan, won the IWGP championship. This puts him in pretty lofty company, as the only other wrestlers to hold the IWGP and WWE titles are Hogan and Antonio Inoki!! Pretty interesting for a guy who is supposed to be under a no-compete clause.

Mickie James is the former Alexis Laree. She was a mainstay in Ring of Honor(best American wrestling promotion, by the way) and has been in the OVW development territory for quite a while now. Oh yeah, by the way, HOW CRAPPY IS WWE?????? When 40-plus minutes of a 2-hour "wrestling"program (and I use that term very loosely) is devoted to the McMahons or their In-Laws, how can they possibly expect to make any new stars when they are educating the fans that the McMahons are the focus and true stars of the show? Granted TNA has a weak main event scene as well, but they know where their bread is buttered, the X-division. They have the most exciting wrestlers in the world: Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, Petey Williams and showcase them as such. WWE has top-level talent as well: Paul London, Spanky, Paul Birchall, but chooses to keep them on shows like Heat and Velocity as well as limiting their movesets(no top rope moves) thereby killing any heat they could possibly get. If you love wrestling, I BEG you to check out Ring Of Honor(www.rohwrestling.com). I have been watching wrestling for 20 years now and have been really disenchanted with the mainstream(WWE) product, ROH has re-kindled my love for wrestling. Last part of my rant, WWE(World Wrestling Entertainment) is neither wrestling NOR entertaining....

335724[/snapback]

Linda Mac turned heel? My god they must be desperate...

Linda Mac turned heel? My god they must be desperate...

Yeah, and I can't wait for Kane to come back so he can Tombstone her again. We really don't need to see her (or any of the McMahons) on TV.

No, but you gotta admit that Shane getting stunned for no reason at all after haven't been around in ages by Stonecold was funny.

No, but you gotta admit that Shane getting stunned for no reason at all after haven't been around in ages by Stonecold was funny.

335960[/snapback]

Not really. Austin Stunning anyone used to be cool and funny, but nowadays, it's so predictable, it's not funny anymore. Same with HHH. Just about everyone in the ring will get the Pedigree (I think it's part of everyone's contract now...).

At least Shawn Michaels' Sweet Chin Music still has shock value, as you really don't know who'll be on the receiving end.

Edited by areaseven

On a semi-relative side note. When the WWF was on Spike TV I also watch the UFC reality constest show. First season was good but this season is was filled with product adveristing that you can spot a mile away.

Stuff like, "Welcome to the Right Guard Extreme Challenge" I can expect but they have the constests talking about their Xycience like it's part of their normal speech. It's too much.

On a semi-relative side note.  When the WWF was on Spike TV I also watch the UFC reality constest show.  First season was good but this season is was filled with product adveristing that you can spot a mile away.

Stuff like, "Welcome to the Right Guard Extreme Challenge" I can expect but they have the constests talking about their Xycience like it's part of their normal speech.  It's too much.

336027[/snapback]

Yeah, this season of Ultimate Fighter is definitely horrible to watch. The first season wasn't that great to watch either until near the end, with the meaningless boring challenges always out in the same abandoned lot out next to the Las Vegas strip. Koschek "The Blanket" was enough for me to tune off. At least the match between Griffin and Bonnar turned into a Rocky style slugfest with both of them leading with their chins.

I'll watch UFC every now and then but I'm definitely a devoted Pride fan.

- Mick Foley takes on Carlito at Taboo Tuesday. Yawn.

- Flair vs. HHH - like anyone really cares about this feud.

- Mickie James has potential, but that's not enough to save the ever-boring Diva matches.

- Austin came to the arena to address the incident where JR was unceremoniously fired last week. Stephanie Mac announced that in order for JR to be re-hired, Austin has to face Coach at Taboo Tuesday. If he loses, he's also out of a job. This PPV is really gonna suck. Probably even worse than last year's Taboo Tuesday.

- Gotta love Austin's comments on Stephanie claiming to have balls, though. :lol:

- Is it me, or is Stephanie Mac slowly looking more like Vinnie Mac? :ph34r:

- Kane made his return and won the Battle Royal to earn a spot on the PPV's main event.

If you noticed, I didn't bother to post the result for the No Mercy PPV. Don't expect Taboo Tuesday results here once it's done.

Ass man(forgot his name) got the wrong herbal ass treatment again? OR was it HHH? I missed the show, tried to do homework lol.

A7 did you hear about that long ass letter that ultimate warrior wrote to mcmahon in response to the new DVD out? Some people think its a marketing ploy by both sides to re introduce warrior.

I doubt it though, they never seemed to agree on who owned the name.

Ass man(forgot his name) got the wrong herbal ass treatment again? OR was it HHH?  I missed the show, tried to do homework lol.

339488[/snapback]

Basically, Jim Ross was "fired" a couple of weeks ago to undergo colon surgery. On tonight's episode, Vinnie Mac ribbed on JR by playing a video of himself and a blonde nurse named "Miss Slobberknockers" doing some surgery on a dummy's @$$. He pulled stuff out of it such as an owl (if anyone knows this joke, please elaborate), a hand (that one died out shortly after the Mae Young abortion incident), an Austin bobblehead and a football helmet (to mock JR's hometown). Vinnie Mac then brought out the jaws of life to pull out a head that's supposed to resemble JR, saying he had his own head up his @$$ (that one died out during the HHH anal extraction video Kane played years ago).

• 3 weeks later...

Agent ONE's probably gonna love this...

ultimatewarriordvd.jpgtv-14.gif

The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior

WWE Home Video, 2005

Rated TV-14 for the Warrior's incoherent babbling.

In the early 1980s, Jim Hellwig and Steve Borden started their careers in the independent circuits. Borden would later on take the name "Sting" and become one of the most popular wrestlers in NWA and WCW. Hellwig went to Texas to wrestle in the now-defunct WCCW under the name "Dingo Warrior." Then, in 1987, he entered the WWF and became the Ultimate Warrior, one of the biggest Superstars in the history of professional wrestling. After becoming Intercontinental and World Champion, Warrior became the company's most powerful marketing machine. And the rest was history...

...or was it?

If you're expecting the life story of the Ultimate Warrior on this DVD, prepare to be disappointed. Unlike other WWE Legends videos, The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior is simply the WWE's way of bashing the former Superstar. Vinnie Mac talks about Warrior's unethical activities such as demanding X amount of money before his tag team match with Hogan at SummerSlam '91. Eventually, Warrior got his money, but was fired in the process. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Jim Ross, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Steve "The Brooklyn Brawler" Lombardi, Bruce "Brother Love" Prichard, Sgt. Slaughter, Ric Flair and Ted DiBiase tell viewers that Warrior was a complete loner and nobody (even Andre the Giant) wanted to work with him. Eric Bischoff admits that hiring Warrior into WCW was an even bigger mistake than making a cheap Warrior clone (The Renegade, who committed suicide in 1998). Triple-H, whether you like him or not, is correct about the Warrior having zero professionalism in the ring.

And Hogan? You can't talk about Warrior without the Hulkster. Though he has no personal issues with him, Hogan mentions that Warrior talking about their past battle on his WCW debut nearly killed the nWo's momentum. Surprisingly, the Undertaker is nowhere around this video.

Newer-generation wrestlers like Chris Jericho, Edge and Christian rib on just about anything related to the Warrior, such as "Parts Unknown" being his hometown or his long, incoherent promos and interviews. They even have a point when they talk about his ring entrance. Once the music stops, so does anyone's interest in the match.

The whole problem with this DVD is that it's completely one-sided. Sure, the Warrior was a complete @$$, but this shouldn't be the way we'll remember him as a Superstar. Many of you have to admit that you marked out whenever his music played and he ran his way to the ring, jumped on the apron and shook the ropes violently. I know that Warrior (which is now his legal name, BTW) wants nothing to do with professional wrestling anymore, but he could've at least given his own comments, whether he hates Vinnie Mac or not.

Call it childhood rape or not, but The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior is strictly a rental. Soon, all memories of the Warrior will just fade out into his hometown of Parts Unknown.

Rating: C+

DVD Extras: D+

Quite possibly the cheapest among wrestler videos in terms of contents, there's only a single disc with just five matches throughout the Warrior's career, from his debut on Wrestling Challenge to his "Loser Must Retire" match against Savage at WrestleMania VII. And how many times have we seen the Hogan vs. Warrior match at WrestleMania VI? Thankfully, WWE didn't include their ill-fated rematch at WCW Halloween Havoc.

Then, there are interviews with Vinnie Mac, DiBiase, et al., on Warrior's backstage conduct. And for time-killing purposes, there's a segment where Christian (who's no longer a slave to the WWE) impersonates the Warrior.

Edited by areaseven

jakethesnakedvd.jpgtv-14.gif

Jake "The Snake" Roberts: Pick Your Poison

WWE Home Video, 2005

Rated TV-14 (should be TV-MA) for graphic violence, drug use, mature situations and strong language.

From the time his mother was raped and impregnated at the age of 14, Jake Roberts' life was a living hell. He had gone through abusive parents and an irresponsible sister whose disappearance and possible murder remain unsolved. His father, wrestler Grizzly Smith, vowed that he would never succeed in professional wrestling.

And boy, was he wrong.

Roberts landed some stints in Mid-Atlantic and other independent circuits in the 1970s and early 1980s. Then, one night, he had an opponent locked in a reverse headlock. The opponent inadvertently stepped on Roberts' foot, sending both men crashing on the mat with the opponent knocked cold. Roberts considered it an accident, but today, wrestling fans know it as the DDT.

In 1986, he entered the WWF, bringing the company and his career to even greater heights with his in-ring professionalism and the cold, charismatic promos he cut; not to mention his python Damian. His feuds with Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (and his baby alligator), Honky Tonk Man, Andre the Giant and the late "Ravishing" Rick Rude were nothing short of legendary. His "Snake Pit" rivaled "Piper's Pit" as one of the most memorable wrestling segments on television. Despite never winning a championship title, Roberts was one of the most popular wrestlers in the '80s.

But with fame and fortune came the skeletons in his closet that continue to torment him until now. Roberts, like his father and grandfather, abused alcohol like there was no tomorrow. He experimented with every possible drug available, which led to the downfall of his career. Not even his conversion to a Born-again Christian prevented his substance abuse after his wife and kids left him. He even questions himself on why he's still alive throughout his ordeals, while others have overdosed before him.

Today, he seems to have sobered up, and he lives to tell his story. Along with Roberts himself, Pick Your Poison features interviews with Vinnie Mac, Jim Ross, Steamboat, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ted DiBiase, Road Warrior Animal, Bruce Prichard and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. They mention the lethal potency of the DDT (Steamboat was sidelined with a concussion after being DDT'd on the concrete floor, despite Roberts objecting to the writers about doing the finisher outside the ring), his unpredictable tenure backstage, and the "false" portrayal of his life on the documentary Beyond the Mat.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts: Pick Your Poison is a must-see documentary, whether or not you're into wrestling. As a matter of fact, it's a mandatory add-on if you have a wrestling DVD collection.

Rating: A

DVD Extras: A

The two-disc set includes many of Roberts' most memorable matches in the WWF, along with footage from other promotions. Plus, it features the infamous Ultimate Warrior training vignettes that eventually led nowhere. And to top it all off, selected episodes of "The Snake Pit," including one of a few aborted interviews with Hulk Hogan.

Speaking of Hogan, you should check out his interview. Although a Hogan/Roberts feud would draw huge crowds, it was scrapped due to fan reaction. On an unaired episode of "The Snake Pit," Roberts DDT'd Hogan. Both men and the production staff were shocked to hear the crowd chant, "DDT! DDT!" instead of cheering for Hogan.

Edited by areaseven

The whole problem with this DVD is that it's completely one-sided. Sure, the Warrior was a complete @$$, but this shouldn't be the way we'll remember him as a Superstar. Many of you have to admit that you marked out whenever his music played and he ran his way to the ring, jumped on the apron and shook the ropes violently. I know that Warrior (which is now his legal name, BTW) wants nothing to do with professional wrestling anymore, but he could've at least given his own comments, whether he hates Vinnie Mac or not.

344389[/snapback]

From all the stuff I've read over at the Warrior's (Jim Hellwig's) website, he hasn't ruled out the possibility of hitting the ring again, though he has said that it would have to be within the next 5 or 6 years (he'll be 50 by then) while he has still has some semblence of youth and the ability to bulk up. With the bad blood that exists between him and Vince, obviously there's virtually no chance in hell that the Ultimate Warrior will see the light of day again in the WWE.

And as for why he didn't participate in the making of this DVD, isn't it pretty pbvious when all the point of this product was to smear his name? He did go into some detail on his website about what the brief contact he at with either Vince or with other WWE officials, but that didn't pan out.

If you read Death of the WCW, you read numerous times how wrestling promoters and owners, like Vince McMahon, have sacrificed giving what the fans want and making millions in return just so they can get back at or just simply make fun of those in the industry that they don't like. Look at what happened with the whole WCW/ECW "Invasion" of the WWE a few years ago. And in this case here, this DVD was put out just for smear purposes... those who consider themselves fans of the Ultimate Warrior are not going to buy this product, and then Vince will turn around and say "Look at the poor sales! No one care about the Warrior anymore!" And those who end up buying this DVD will be having to deal with the one-sided slant of this production.

I know I've mentioned this before, but when I was in high school (Omaha North) back in the late 80's/early 90's, one of my classmates, Jan Callinger (who was a son of then Omaha mayor Walt Callinger), was a big wrestling fan and a big fan of the Ultimate Warrior. Occasionally, for some of the school's football games and other sporting and special events, he would put on blue and gold (North's colors) facepaint in the style of the Ultimate Warrior! :lol:

Triple-H, whether you like him or not, is correct about the Warrior having zero professionalism in the ring.

344389[/snapback]

Since the Warrior leveled Triple H in about 30 seconds even after Triple H did the Pedigree on him, I could understand why Triple H probably has some choice words about him. :D

WTF?!? All this time I thought Eddie kicked his drug addiction. Looks like I was wrong. It really sucks that all these younger wrestlers overdose themselves to death when they are the future of professional wrestling. Who else did we lose over the past couple of years?

Drug/Alcohol-Related

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig (2003)

Miss Elizabeth (2003)

Michael "Road Warrior Hawk" Hegstrand (2003)

Crash Holly (2003)

Hercules Hernandez (2004)

"The Big Boss Man" Ray Traylor (2004)

Eddie Guerrero (2005)

Natural Causes

"Classy" Freddie Blassie (2003)

Stu Hart (2003)

Jack Tunney (former WWF President) (2004)

Lord Alfred Hayes (former WWF announcer) (2005)

Unnatural Causes

Chris Candido (2005) - Died from complications during surgery.

another dead wrestler:

Eddie Guerrero

WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

344486[/snapback]

Holy sh..... That's unfortnate.

I thought he was off the drugs as well, but I am thinking maybe he died of something else unrelated to drugs, he was pushing himself a lot in the ring and all, and it is strenous. Maybe all the stress and traveling back and forth took a toll on his heart.  Truly sad though, and totally unexpected~!  So young too!

344515[/snapback]

He died of a heart attack. Looking for details as I think it maybe be steroid related.

WTF?!? All this time I thought Eddie kicked his drug addiction. Looks like I was wrong. It really sucks that all these younger wrestlers overdose themselves to death when they are the future of professional wrestling. Who else did we lose over the past couple of years?

344490[/snapback]

Even so, depending on the extent of his addictions, he may have caused permanent damage to his heart, liver and other organs in his body. The strenuous activities he was participating in probably furthered along the strain he had already put on himself.

Anyway, that's too bad that Eddie's life came to such a short end. :(

Edited by Apollo Leader