The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

From TopWrestling.com:

"Road Warriors - Life & Death Of The Most Dominant Team" is scheduled to be released on June 14, 2005. It will be two disks. Also, WWE will be releasing a DVD that same day looking back at 80's wrestling stars. It is called "WWE: Greatest Wrestling Stars Of The 80's" and it will be three disks.

As Animal used to say: "What a rush!"

- Austin made a return appearance by punking out Maven and Simon Dean.

- Wow...Orton just dropped below jobber status after this episode.

- And, as usual, HHH killed majority of the show by yapping his mouth.

I'm not a Stone Cold fan, but the segment with Simon Dean/Maven was great! But it was great because of Simon Dean. He carried that segment with his "dork-heel" character, and left so many openings for Austin to get over. Great work by Simon Dean to make that segment very entertaining.

I believe Orton is getting surgery, which is why he jobbed to Batista the way he did on Raw. It was his last "gift" before taking some time off.

How did Triple H kill the majority of the show, if his segments didn't take up the majority of the show? I'm willing to bet that Triple H will put over Batista again, when they have their rematch. Of course, people will still hate Triple H and feel that he's hogging the spotlight, despite putting over Batista twice, with clean finishes, and letting Batista run with the ball for a while.

If I said it once...I'll say it a million times...WWE is wasting away RVD's potential...I had the honor to see him quite a few times in ECW, vs Rhyno, Jerry Lynn, Mike Awesome and tagged with Sabu against the Impact Players Justin Credible & Lance Storm...amazing athlete that hasn't gotten the push he deserves.

Edited by Zor Primus

If I said it once...I'll say it a million times...WWE is wasting away RVD's potential...I had the honor to see him quite a few times in ECW, vs Rhyno, Jerry Lynn, Mike Awesome and tagged with Sabu against the Impact Players Justin Credible & Lance Storm...amazing athlete that hasn't gotten the push he deserves.

Well, right now, RVD can't get a push because he's still recovering from a knee injury he sustained a few months ago. AFAIK, RVD is not favored by WWE staff because: 1) he's often late on shows; and 2) he smokes marijuana.

I'm willing to bet that Triple H will put over Batista again, when they have their rematch. Of course, people will still hate Triple H and feel that he's hogging the spotlight, despite putting over Batista twice, with clean finishes, and letting Batista run with the ball for a while.

It certainly doesn't hurt that HHH and Batista are best buds outside the ring. When sombody sits on the title for that long, I don't really look at it as some sort of benevolent gesture when they finally drop the belt to their best friend. Its not as if he's doing the company some big favor. And make no mistake, even though he does't have the title anymore, RAW will still remain a HHH-centric show. Only now his segments will be all "Bishoff-uh....I want my rematch with Batistaaah. Again-uh."

Rinse, repeat ad nauseum.

It certainly doesn't hurt that HHH and Batista are best buds outside the ring. When sombody sits on the title for that long, I don't really look at it as some sort of benevolent gesture when they finally drop the belt to their best friend. Its not as if he's doing the company some big favor. And make no mistake, even though he does't have the title anymore, RAW will still remain a HHH-centric show. Only now his segments will be all "Bishoff-uh....I want my rematch with Batistaaah. Again-uh."

Rinse, repeat ad nauseum.

Like I said earlier, Batista is just a stepping stone for HHH to make his 11th title reign. And I seriously doubt that Batista will hold the title longer than Benoit did last year.

Well, it looks like the Ultimate Warrior's been causing quite a stir on campus:

http://www.dailycampus.com/news/2005/04/06...05.shtml?page=1

Meanwhile, yet another WWE Superstar has been given the pink slip:

Stemming from the incident at the Sheraton Hotel during WrestleMania weekend, Rhyno appears to have been officially released by WWE. WWE reportedly informed Rhyno of the decision this afternoon, confirming speculation that the incident might escalate to the most drastic form of punishment.

Rhyno had already been removed from the road as a result of his actions.

At this point, it is not known if Rhyno will be removed from the 6/12 ECW PPV. WWE has already contracted many outside names to work the show, so it's possible Rhyno will still work the show.

Apparently, Rhyno was involved in a heated argument with his wife at the Sheraton Hotel. A large flower pot fell victim to the entire incident.

Also, Paul Bearer has officially been released from the WWE. From Percy Pringle's official site:

"Saturday, April 09, 2005

Back To Business...

With great respect and consideration to all of my friends and supporters through the years, I sincerely feel that you should hear the following announcement directly from me. At times information can get misconstrued on the wrestling Internet. I want to ensure that before the anticipated communication leaks occur, that you get the complete truth that you so rightfully deserve.

During a telephone conversation yesterday with John Laurinaitis, from World Wrestling Entertainment Talent Relations, I was informed that the company decided to terminate my booking contract dated October 3, 2003. The contract specifies that the agreement may be terminated for any reason whatsoever by providing me with ninety (90) days advance written notice. My 90-day written notice will be issued by WWE Legal Department on Monday, April 11th.

I would like to say that our conversation was a courtesy, very cordial, and definitely not unexpected. The WWE creative department has not been able to come up with a viable storyline for the Paul Bearer character since he was “buried” in cement at THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH on June 27, 2004.

The last two years have indeed been a blessing, as the company made a major life saving surgery possible for me. I will always treasure the many friendships and memories of my almost 14-year association with The McMahon Family. I will never shut the door on a future relationship with WWE, as you well know anything can happen.

The next 90-days will be very important for me, as I must make some serious career decisions. Once again, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. For some odd reason I feel like it’s somebody’s birthday around here tomorrow. I know it can’t be mine! Then again, it very well could be. Hehee…

Take care, my friends.

~Percy "

Shortly after he was "buried" by the Undertaker at the 2004 Great American Bash, Pringle underwent two surgeries that reduced his weight by 200 lbs. Guess the Subway diet didn't really work for him...

Before & After Shots of Paul Bearer

Edited by areaseven

Well, it looks like the Ultimate Warrior's been causing quite a stir on campus:

http://www.dailycampus.com/news/2005/04/06...05.shtml?page=1

I read this article when the link and article was posted at Wrestlecrap.com. It is quite clear that the writer of the article is left of center and thus would be biased against Jim "Warrior" Helwig (how much can we believe in this article is true?). Reading some of the other articles posted on the college's website, it is quite clear that the college newspaper and the college itself is off on the left end of the political spectrum. But that should be expected from a large college/university on the east coast...

Does anyone know what ever happened to Psycho Sid?

He's been retired ever since that very horrific in-ring accident against Scott Steiner in WCW. It was in the middle of the match, and Sid Vicious went to the top rope and jumped off to land on one leg, to give Steiner a kick, when his entire lower leg buckled and he basically shattered every bone down there. I can still remember his entire foot just dangling in the opposite direction, and that bone sticking out of his jeans. Definitely the worst in ring accident I have ever seen. Keep in mind though, that Owen Hart's life ending accident was not shown on camera, although I did watch that PPV.

Does anyone know what ever happened to Psycho Sid?

He's been retired ever since that very horrific in-ring accident against Scott Steiner in WCW. It was in the middle of the match, and Sid Vicious went to the top rope and jumped off to land on one leg, to give Steiner a kick, when his entire lower leg buckled and he basically shattered every bone down there. I can still remember his entire foot just dangling in the opposite direction, and that bone sticking out of his jeans. Definitely the worst in ring accident I have ever seen. Keep in mind though, that Owen Hart's life ending accident was not shown on camera, although I did watch that PPV.

After reading The Death of the WCW, I did a search on Sid to see what he was up to these days and apparently he has made some sort of appearance at one or more wrestling events during this past year, though I'm not sure if he wrestled or not. Considering the extent of his injury, it was a miracle they got he leg put back together!

Time for the weekly wrap-up.

The Triple-H Show

- HBK actually jobbed on Daivari's debut match? Even for most HBK haters, that's just wrong.

- Because of his loss, HBK demanded a tag team match against Muhammad Hassan and Daivari at Backlash. He also pleaded for Hulk Hogan to come in as his tag team partner.

SmackDown!

- Carlito has his own "Cabana?" That's not cool.

- A new tag team called "MNM" made their debut. They consist of valet Melina and wrestlers Nitro and Mercury.

- Ugh! If you thought John Cena's U.S. title belt was fugly, you probably haven't seen what he did with the WWE belt.

Meanwhile, three more WWE Superstars have been given the boot: Matt Hardy, Jesus (Carlito's bodyguard) and Molly Holly. Apparently, WWE was not happy with Hardy's comments on the Edge/Lita angle. Jesus just wasn't impressive at all.

In the case of Molly Holly, she requested to be released from the WWE after some disagreements with the direction of her character. She wanted to turn face, but the writers said no.

Also, Eric Bischoff's wife is in this month's issue of Playboy.

And once again, WWE once again wastes money with yet another RAW Diva Search. They even added this rather unusual application guideline:

A. Applicants must have been born female and must be legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excludes Alaska and Hawaii) or the District of Columbia.

And it looks like HHH is out of commission for a while. He sustained a neck injury during his handicap match with Hurricane and Rosey on RAW.

While I'm not a huge wrestling fan I've been kinda enjoying TNA Xplosion. Maybe it's that they have a lot of WWE stars that were there in the late 90s is really when I started to watch Raw and Smackdown during high school to join in on the converstations that were taking place the days after those two shows aired.

Last night on The Triple-H Show @ Madison Square Garden:

- While SmackDown! had the new tag team of MNM, RAW introduced its brand new tag team: The Heartthrobs. Otherwise known as the second-coming of Billy and Chuck. icon8.gif

- Well, Hulkamania will run wild one last time at Backlash.

- Did anyone catch the anti-Lita chants?

- Since when did Viscera become "Sexual Chocolate?"

- It's that time of year again. Next month, WWE will have another roster draft lottery.

- As expected, the HHH/Good Ol' JR was a total waste of time. This is not helping Batista's popularity at all.

In other news:

- This year's draft lottery will most likely see Shawn Michaels jump to SmackDown! and Kurt Angle moving to RAW. HBK has denied rumors of turning heel and feuding with John Cena.

- Also, Marty Jannetty has signed a long-term deal with the WWE.

- This year's draft lottery will most likely see Shawn Michaels jump to SmackDown! and Kurt Angle moving to RAW. HBK has denied rumors of turning heel and feuding with John Cena.

If that's the case I'm not watching Smackdown anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

This week in wrestling news, courtesy of TopWrestling.com:

The wrestler formerly known as Goldust is in trouble with the law.

It's been confirmed that TNA star Dustin Runnels was arrested last Sunday in Orland, Florida after a domestic dispute with his girlfriend at the hotel the pair were staying at.

Orange County authorities took Runnels into State Custody and he was later bonded out of custody.

It's not known what the exact charges on Runnels were, but it has been confirmed that he was in custody and later released.

Runnels wasn't backstage at the TNA Impact! tapings, however his girlfriend was, according to several sources.

Also, if you missed the NWA-TNA PPV LockDown this past Sunday, consider yourself lucky. For the most part, it was the worst PPV this year. The only major highlight was Chris Candido twisting his ankle (a la Sid Vicious) when Sonny Siaki did a cross-body block on him and he fell on his leg.

Yet another wrestler has left us.

From WWE.com:

Chris Candido passes away - 1972-2005

April 29, 2005

World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the passing of Chris Candido.

Chris appeared in WWE as Skip of the Bodydonnas in the mid 1990s. He also competed for ECW and WCW, and held both the WWE and ECW World Tag Team titles and the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. He was an amazing athlete and a gifted performer, and we offer our deepest condolences to his family and friends.

And from NWA-TNA:

TNA Wrestling joins the entire wrestling world in mourning the untimely death of Chris Candido on Thursday night.

TNA is deeply devastated by the loss of Chris, who touched the lives of millions of fans around the world during his successful career.

We hope everyone will keep Candido’s friends and family in their thoughts and prayers as we say goodbye to a friend.

WWE Backlash Results

Sunday Night Heat Opener

Tyson Tomko landed a boot to the face of Val Venis.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Shelton Benjamin def. Chris Jericho with a rollup.

World Tag Team Championship - Elimination Turmoil

1. William Regal/Tajiri def. the Heartthrobs.

2. Regal/Tajiri def. Simon Dean/Maven.

3. La Resistance def. Regal/Tajiri.

4. Hurricane & Rosey def. La Resistance.

Winners: Hurricane & Rosey

Last Man Standing

Edge knocked out Chris Benoit with a brick to the back of the head.

Kane chokeslammed Viscera. Shortly after the match, Viscera locked Trish Stratus in a bearhug and squashed her.

The Legend Returns

Hulk Hogan & Shawn Michaels def. Muhammad Hassan & Daivari after HBK landed some Sweet Chin Music on Daivari.

World Heavyweight Championship

Batista destroyed Triple-H. Again.

Hey... I havn't watched WWE in a long time, but I was flipping channels and saw hulk (the audio was gone).

You said it would run rampant one last time? So Hulk's only come back for one last match and I already missed it, is that right? I wonder if I can download it or if they'll put it out on video then.

Hey... I havn't watched WWE in a long time, but I was flipping channels and saw hulk (the audio was gone).

You said it would run rampant one last time? So Hulk's only come back for one last match and I already missed it, is that right? I wonder if I can download it or if they'll put it out on video then.

According to some reports, Hogan will work on a limited schedule, depending on the condition of his hip.

Meanwhile, if you missed RAW, HHH got humiliated once again by Benoit as the Crippler made him tap out to the Sharpshooter. While that's good news, it also means Benoit will job to Edge again. :angry:

Earlier tonight on SmackDown!:

- John Cena's first music video "Bad Bad Man" aired for the first time. It's a parody of The A-Team with Cena playing the role of Hannibal and two other jabronies playing B.A. and Murdock. The video also features Gary "I'm broke, so I'm making those Cash-Call infomercials" Coleman.

For the most part, SmackDown! is not worth watching. However, there is probably one reason to stay tuned...

post-26-1115368653_thumb.jpg

I thought it was brutal seeing Mysterio get wasted by both Guerrero's and MNM.

That last move on top of the steel steps looked PAINFUL. Ouch.

I guess Eddie has turned major heel again. :blink:

I thought it was brutal seeing Mysterio get wasted by both Guerrero's and MNM.

That last move on top of the steel steps looked PAINFUL. Ouch.

I guess Eddie has turned major heel again. :blink:

You think that's bad? Rey's used to stuff like that. Remember back in WCW when Kevin Nash made him a human dart by throwing him head-first to a TV truck? Or how about two years ago, when he was strapped on a stretcher and the Big Show whacked him against a ring pole?

Eddie turning heel was somewhat expected, given that the writers have no more ideas for him as a face.

Hey guys.

Terry Funk was at the comic shop I work at last night signing his new book, Terry Funk: More Than Just Hardcore along with his co-author (and former comic shop employee) Scott E. Williams (not to be confused with Jim Lee's regular inker).

First thing Terry did when he arrived was greet everyone standing in line with a handshake. He had some cool stories and was a really nice guy!

I'll post my pics when I get a chance!

Hey guys.

Terry Funk was at the comic shop I work at last night signing his new book, Terry Funk: More Than Just Hardcore along with his co-author (and former comic shop employee) Scott E. Williams (not to be confused with Jim Lee's regular inker).

First thing Terry did when he arrived was greet everyone standing in line with a handshake. He had some cool stories and was a really nice guy!

I'll post my pics when I get a chance!

Lucky bastard. :D You managed to meet the legend of wrestling legends. The greatest wrestler I've met was Chris Benoit three days before WrestleMania 21. Unfortunately, I don't have pics because those dicks over at RVD's 5-Star Comics were charging $20 to use your own camera. :angry:

But I did get my copy of Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story DVD autographed (go a couple of pages back for the image).

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier tonight on RAW:

- Now why is it that HHH is still the focus of the show, even though he's completely off TV?

- What's the whole point of hosting an ECW PPV if Eric Bischoff is involved in it?

- If you thought last year's Trish/Y2J/Christian love triangle was bad, change the channel whenever Viscera appears.

- Vinnie Mac announced that a month of roster drafting will begin next week.

It was, otherwise, another flat episode. Hopefully, it picks up next week. Any bets on who'll move to RAW or SmackDown!?

Edited by areaseven

I didn't watch it (wasn't home and I was recording 24 anyway), but RAW was here in Omaha last night at the Qwest Center. Earlier in the day, one of my co-workers went to the Gold's Gym on a 108th st. during lunch time and he saw Shawn Michaels, Kane, and the Undertaker working out there.

For the first time this year, I skipped a WWE PPV event, and I'm glad I did. But just for the hell of it, here are the results:

WWE Judgment Day Results

WWE Tag Team Championship

MNM def. Hardcore Holly & Charlie Haas

Carlito Caribbean Cool def. Big Show

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Paul London def. Chavo Guerrero

Booker T. def. Kurt Angle

WWE United States Championship

Orlando Jordan def. Heidenreich

Rey Mysterio def. Eddie Guerrero by DQ

WWE Championship - "I Quit!"

John Cena made John Bradshaw Layfield quit.

BTW, did anyone here actually pick up John Cena's CD You Can't See Me?

post-26-1116833194_thumb.jpg

Last night on RAW:

- Last week, Lita turned her back on Kane to help Edge become the #1 contender. That left Kane crying out of the arena.

- Bischoff declared the episode "The Death of ECW" as he told the audience how he killed the company. Then, Vinnie Mac appeared. He told Bischoff that WWE secretly funded ECW while Bischoff "raped and pillaged" their locker rooms and snagged away their talents. Vinnie Mac then said that while Bischoff may credit himself for killing ECW, Vince is proud to say he killed WCW. Paul Heyman then appeared and challenged Bischoff to bring his men to the ECW PPV.

- Last week, the Benoit/Tajiri match was called off because Bischoff banned ECW rules. Vinnie Mac had the match restarted last night. Even though the match was rather short, it was worth watching two of the best talents on the roster in action.

- HHH is back. Yawn.

Who won in the benoit taijiri match?

Benoit locked Tajiri in the Crossface. Tajiri grabbed a kendo stick and tried to break out of the hold by hitting Benoit with it, but Benoit grabbed it and used it for added leverage to make Tajiri tap out.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeez. I don't know how much longer I can keep watching Smackdown.

Cena has jumped ship due to the lottery draft. He's now on RAW.

:(

IF Angle also leaves that's IT.

I remember when this brand extension started. Supposedly the two shows were going to have equal talent. This just proves that Smackdown is crap to the WWE. Take the most over guy on Smackdown and send him to Raw. Hell lets send Angle, Guerrero, Mysterio, RVD, and Undertaker to Raw.

I like Benoit, but he doesn't have the future that Cena does. Smackdown is in trouble, unless another big name comes from Raw. By the way I don't have access to Raw, so anytime a big name star from the past shows up on Raw, I haven't seen it. I've missed - Austin, Rock, Mick Foley, Hogan. Who comes to Smackdown, nobody that who. Smackdown is the waste bin for the WWE. They keep some stars there to keep fans interested, but when they get over - send them to Raw.

This Sunday, WWE will present ECW One Night Stand. As you saw on RAW and SmackDown!, ECW veterans Sandman, Rhyno, Ballz Mahoney and Axl Rotten made their appearance alongside Benoit, Tazz, Tajiri, Tommy Dreamer and the Dudleyz. In addition, promos have been hinting of an appearance by Sabu.

The problem is that this PPV is ECW only by name. Since it's handled by WWE, expect very little compared to the old ECW shows. Besides, how can ECW be ECW with a TV-14 rating?