The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

I didn't say I hated Samoa Joe. He's up there as one of my top five wrestlers right now. I'm just glad he's not in the WWE, as he'll just be another wasted talent there.

365179[/snapback]

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, being an "internet smark" I have to protect Joe's honor at all costs ;) . Glad to see that you are a fan of Joe as well. You said he was top 5, who is your favorite right now? Mine changes from week to week, this week it is CM Punk.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, being an "internet smark" I have to protect Joe's honor at all costs ;) . Glad to see that you are a fan of Joe as well. You said he was top 5, who is your favorite right now? Mine changes from week to week, this week it is CM Punk.

365300[/snapback]

My current favorites:

1. Chris Benoit

2. Samoa Joe

3. "The Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams

4. A.J. Styles

5. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

Yeah, only one WWE Superstar on the list. That's how bad WWE is these days.

365300[/snapback]

My current favorites:

1. Chris Benoit

2. Samoa Joe

4. A.J. Styles

365358[/snapback]

That's cool, I'm a big Benoit mark as well. I got to meet Christopher Daniels and Low Ki at the ROH show this past weekend in Dayton, both were really respectful and cool to talk with. I like Petey Williams, but it seems like he is kind of lost in the shuffle in the X-division right now <_< . Suposedly, Benoit's contract is up soon, maybe he won't re-sign with the WWE and works some Indy dates. Can you imagine Benoit vs Samoa Joe?? :blink:

That's cool, I'm a big Benoit mark as well. I got to meet Christopher Daniels and Low Ki at the ROH show this past weekend in Dayton, both were really respectful and cool to talk with. I like Petey Williams, but it seems like he is kind of lost in the shuffle in the X-division right now <_< . Suposedly, Benoit's contract is up soon, maybe he won't re-sign with the WWE and works some Indy dates. Can you imagine Benoit vs Samoa Joe?? :blink:

365479[/snapback]

Well, the big rumor is that once Benoit's contract is up, he might jump to TNA. Ever since Eddie Guerrero passed away, the morale in the WWE locker rooms has dipped to an all-time low. Many WWE Superstars, such as Tajiri, have left the company because they felt that a huge chunk of WWE died along with Eddie. Meanwhile, Randy Orton continues to make derogatory remarks on Eddie on Byte This! and other radio interviews.

And yes, Benoit vs. Samoa Joe would absolutely rule.

365300[/snapback]

My current favorites:

1. Chris Benoit

2. Samoa Joe

4. A.J. Styles

365358[/snapback]

I'm watching a match between AJ, Samoa Joe, and Daniels on YouTube.

They'd pretty much be restricted if they went to the WWE. Most of the moves they pull of are stuff you'd NEVER see or Vince would probably tell them to cool it down.

WOW WOW WOW.

365300[/snapback]

My current favorites:

1. Chris Benoit

2. Samoa Joe

4. A.J. Styles

365358[/snapback]

I'm watching a match between AJ, Samoa Joe, and Daniels on YouTube.

They'd pretty much be restricted if they went to the WWE. Most of the moves they pull of are stuff you'd NEVER see or Vince would probably tell them to cool it down.

WOW WOW WOW.

365510[/snapback]

The match between Daniels/Styles/Joe is probably from Unbreakable. That is the first match I show to all of my wrestling friends who still watch WWE. It pretty much blows their minds. That match, by the way, is the 2nd of 3 5-star rated matches that Joe was in, in the span of roughly a year and a half. If ratings from Meltzer mean anything nowadays, that is still impressive for someone of his age and experience. The other two were Joe/Punk 2 and Joe/Kobashi, which I HIGHLY reccomend.

Some wrestling news (from TOPWRESTLING.com):

- There may be an official announcement this month about TNA Impact!'s new time slot on SpikeTV. If confirmed, the show will move from Saturdays @ 11:00 p.m. to Thursdays @ 8:00 p.m.

And is Vinnie Mac's on-screen character taking him over off-screen?

When the story regarding Vince McMahon being accused of groping a worker at a tanning salon in Boca Raton, FL last Sunday broke out a few days back, WWE has been receiving nothing but headaches. Another story was published today in the Boca Raton News, apparently Vince is seeking a divorce from Linda.

-

Below is the Full article copied word for word

The chief executive of World Wrestling Entertainment could face assault charges for allegedly groping a Boca Raton tanning salon worker Sunday afternoon, according to a police report.

A clerk at the Tanzabar Salon on North Federal Highway accused Vincent K. McMahon, 60, of trying to kiss her and of running his hands over her body as she tried to clean the tanning bed he had just used.

The report said the 22-year-old woman pushed him away, "rejected his advances" and "walked out of the tanning room."

Before using the tanning bed, the report said, McMahon asked the clerk to take several pictures of himself with his camera phone to send to his girlfriend. Then, the report said, he showed her nude and semi-nude photos of himself.

After the incident, she said, McMahon - who listed an address on South Ocean Boulevard in Boca Raton - went outside to his black Hummer and sat there for about 20 minutes.

Police did not take McMahon into custody. They took a sworn statement from the clerk, which will be submitted into evidence. Police said they will have to speak with McMahon about the incident.

His attorney reportedly said the suspect could not have been McMahon because he was out of town on Sunday.

No charges have yet been filed against McMahon, police said.

According to his biography on the Internet, McMahon started in the wrestling business when his father, Vincent McMahon Sr., hired his son as an announcer. He went on to manage the World Wrestling Federation after his father retired in 1982.

The wrestling boss has had tussles with the law before. In 1992, his biography says, he was accused of supplying wrestlers with steroids. Although he was acquitted, the trial forced McMahon into a two-year wrestling hiatus.

He is also reportedly seeking a divorce from his wife, Linda.

That's just one of many wrestling-related lawsuits going on. Here are some other ones:

1. Diamond Dallas Page sues Jay-Z for using the Diamond gesture without permission. Jay-Z should've apologized and stopped using DDP's trademark, but he made matters worse by saying, "F-U!" to DDP.

2. Brock Lesnar sues WWE to contest his no-compete clause. Sorry, Brock, but it's your own damn fault.

I should be hyped up over the return of SNME, but I'm not. Twenty years ago, SNME was the wrestling show to watch, as they had all the biggest names in wrestling history - Hogan, Savage, Andre, etc. Now, all we have is HHH and people who really can't do much at all. Hell, even the worst SNME episode can still beat any WrestleMania made today in terms of entertainment value.

In order to make SNME worth watching, WWE has to make it much better than RAW. As a matter of fact, they have to make it better than TNA Impact!, which is, at this moment, next to impossible.

TNA Against All Odds Results

Preshow Match 1

Ron "The Truth" Killings def. A1 (not Agent ONE, BTW) via Axe Kick.

Preshow Match 2

Lance Hoyt/Shark Boy/Cassidy Riley def. Shannon Moore/Elix Skipper/David Young.

The Naturals (Chase Stevens/Andy Douglas) def. Austin Aries/Roderick Strong via Natural Disaster.

X-Division Four-Way Tag Team

Jay Lethal def. Petey Williams, Matt Bentley and Alex Shelley after a rollup on Williams, who was distracted when Jackie Gayda punked Shelley outside the ring.

The James Gang (formerly the New Age Outlaws) def. The Latin American Express (Homicide/Machete) via pumphandle slam.

NWA World Tag Team Championship

America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris/James Storm) def. Chris Sabin/Sonjay Dutt via Death Sentence.

Falls Count Anywhere

Rhino gored Abyss, sending him crashing through four tables.

X-Division Championship

Samoa Joe def. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and "The Phenomenal" A.J. Styles via Muscle Buster on Styles. Best match of the night.

Team 3D (formerly The Dudley Boyz) def. Team Canada (Bobby Roode/Eric Young) via 3D.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Christian Cage used the Unprettier on Jeff Jarrett to become the new NWA Champion. After being a jobber in the WWE for nearly a decade, Christian has finally made a name for himself in the world of wrestling.

In order to make SNME worth watching, WWE has to make it much better than RAW. As a matter of fact, they have to make it better than TNA Impact!, which is, at this moment, next to impossible.

368000[/snapback]

I think I mentioned this before, SNME's key ingrediant was showing matches between marquee stars, unlike their house show broadcasts from the 80's you'd tune in to see your favorites actually fight. With Raw and Smackdown! all you get are marquee matches, no jobbers.

BRING BACK THE JOBBERS!

April Fools Day?

370238[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. Last time WWE announced Bret's return on RAW, nothing happened. Instead, we have the Vinnie Mac screwing HBK angle. Last year, Bret appeared at RVD's 5-Star Comics to sign autographs, but left L.A. on the day of WrestleMania 21, thus killing all rumors of him showing up at the PPV.

Though the WWE Hall of Fame falls on April 1, expect Bret to show up. After all, he and Vinnie Mac have already buried the hatchet, as we've seen on Bret's DVD.

April Fools Day?

370238[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. Last time WWE announced Bret's return on RAW, nothing happened. Instead, we have the Vinnie Mac screwing HBK angle. Last year, Bret appeared at RVD's 5-Star Comics to sign autographs, but left L.A. on the day of WrestleMania 21, thus killing all rumors of him showing up at the PPV.

Though the WWE Hall of Fame falls on April 1, expect Bret to show up. After all, he and Vinnie Mac have already buried the hatchet, as we've seen on Bret's DVD.

370418[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm 99% sure Bret will be there, if he had no intention, he would be telling all his fans on the net that it is a work. Also, I don't think that Vinnie Mac wants Bret to work for TNA anytime soon and pulling a "stunt" would only further aggrivate the situation. Imagine Bret going to TNA and forming a face Hart Foundation to fight the heel team Canada :o

368000[/snapback]

I think I mentioned this before, SNME's key ingrediant was showing matches between marquee stars, unlike their house show broadcasts from the 80's you'd tune in to see your favorites actually fight. With Raw and Smackdown! all you get are marquee matches, no jobbers.

BRING BACK THE JOBBERS!

370229[/snapback]

Yeah, bring back The Boston Brawler and Iron Mike Sharpe! I used to get a kick out of Iron Mike Sharpe, he'd be yelling and screaming like he was dying whenever he was selling a hit. :lol:

And so, another wrestler has fallen...

Mike "Johnny Grunge" Durham was pronounced dead on arrival at an Atlanta area hospital this morning.

The only available details were he was at a friend's house in Peachtree City, GA, and was gasping for air and rushed to the hospital. The preliminary diagnosis from the hospital is that it was said to have to do with complications from sleep apnea.

Grunge and the late Rocco Rock (Ted Petty), as the tag team of Public Enemy, were the first major stars created by ECW in a program against The Funk Brothers. They became ECW's most popular act, to the point they were subject to a bidding war of sorts between WCW and WWF. However, taken out of the ECW environment, they weren't as successful.

Grunge, whose age is believed to be 39, was said by friends to have never been the same since Petty's death.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

Last night on RAW:

- HHH and Big Show fought to a double-countout in their semi-final match for WrestleMania. Normally, this means they're both eliminated, but Vinnie Mac announced that the winner of the RVD vs. Masters match faces HHH and Show in a triple-threat next week.

- Vinnie Mac ordered HBK to sign his retirement papers. However, HBK ripped the papers instead. Vinnie Mac then told him that he just "opened the floodgates of his personal hell."

- Trish in another stupid love triangle storyline?

- Wow...Edge started the year as Champion, and now, he's feuding with Foley?

Last night on RAW:

- HHH and Big Show fought to a double-countout in their semi-final match for WrestleMania. Normally, this means they're both eliminated, but Vinnie Mac announced that the winner of the RVD vs. Masters match faces HHH and Show in a triple-threat next week.

- Vinnie Mac ordered HBK to sign his retirement papers. However, HBK ripped the papers instead. Vinnie Mac then told him that he just "opened the floodgates of his personal hell."

- Trish in another stupid love triangle storyline?

- Wow...Edge started the year as Champion, and now, he's feuding with Foley?

371166[/snapback]

Another week of not missing much...

A7, you think RVD is gonna get his well earned push from all this? The only thing that would bring me back to watching WWE would be RVD wearing gold.

A7, you think RVD is gonna get his well earned push from all this? The only thing that would bring me back to watching WWE would be RVD wearing gold.

371198[/snapback]

As long as HHH is around, RVD won't go anywhere near the title. He'll probably go for the I-C title again once Shelton Benjamin beats Flair (who shouldn't even be carrying it in the first place).

Question for you A7.

From your posts, you've seemed... less then impressed with what's happening in pro-wrestling, so why are you still watching?

Holding out hope it'll get better :huh:?

Just to let you know, I do find it amusing when you comment on them.

From your posts, you've seemed... less then impressed with what's happening in pro-wrestling, so why are you still watching?

371305[/snapback]

I still watch wrestling because it's been a part of my life since birth. It doesn't matter how bad WWE is these days - I'll still watch RAW occasionally. However, I watch TNA more often, as they have a much better product than WWE. And I just ordered a dvd from the Canadian-based International Wrestling Syndicate (IWS), which is supposedly more hardcore than the old ECW.

While waiting on Friday night to go out I tuned into Smackdown...this show in my opinion has gone down the proverbial shitter...with a single exception.

The Good: Super Crazy, wow I had no idea this ex-ECW star had made it into WWE. It was very refreshing to see him in action. Granted it was jobbing Gregory Helms with the other Cruiserweights but his somersault brought back fond memories of the last time I saw a live ECW event.

The Bad: Michael Cole and Taz still suck as an announcing team. After all these years they still seem to force their commentary. Booker T coming down I guess as a heel now to the ring and call a match was like listening to Macho Man speak in ebonics.

The Ugly: The Boogie Man...wtf is this guy? Eating worms? Come on this is wrestling not fear factor. The first impression I got of this guy was that he reminded me of:

Nuff said..

post-2668-1140448594_thumb.jpg

A buddy of mine told me that the Boogeyman was some homeless dude who lived in Venice Beach, CA, and pumped weights at the public gym before WWE decided to pick him up. And it's been reported that he does eat live worms backstage.

As for Cole and Tazz, WWE is keeping him because: 1) Cole supposedly has mic skills, but doesn't know all the holds; and 2) Tazz is there to explain the holds to Cole, even though he has no mic skills.

BTW, did you watch TNA Impact! last Saturday?

A buddy of mine told me that the Boogeyman was some homeless dude who lived in Venice Beach, CA, and pumped weights at the public gym before WWE decided to pick him up. And it's been reported that he does eat live worms backstage.

As for Cole and Tazz, WWE is keeping him because: 1) Cole supposedly has mic skills, but doesn't know all the holds; and 2) Tazz is there to explain the holds to Cole, even though he has no mic skills.

BTW, did you watch TNA Impact! last Saturday?

371939[/snapback]

That will explain the missing teeth...

I have sadly not been able to tune into TNA...

WWE No Way Out Results

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Gregory Helms def. Scotty 2 Hotty, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Funaki, Super Crazy, Psicosis, Nunzio and Kid Kash via brainbuster on Psicosis.

JBL landed the Clothesline From Hell on Bobby Lashley.

Matt Hardy/Tatanka def. MNM

WWE United States Championship

Chris Benoit def. Booker T. to regain the U.S. title.

Title Shot on the Line

Randy Orton pinned Rey Mysterio using the ropes for leverage.

World Heavyweight Championship

Kurt Angle rolled Undertaker in a jackknife cradle to retain the title.

Last night on RAW:

- After refusing to sign his retirement papers, HBK was ordered by Vinnie Mac to participate in a 4-on-1 handicap match against the Spirit Squad. HBK def. the Squad by DQ after being ganged on. Marty Jannetty ran in for the save.

- Shortly afterwards, Vinnie Mac announced he will offer Jannetty a WWE contract next week. However, Jannetty has to join a certain "club" in order to work for the company.

- Shelton Benjamin def. Ric Flair for the I-C title after his momma faked a seizure and he clocked Flair with her oxygen tank.

- Now what did I tell you? RVD will never be a main-eventer in the WWE. At least this week's episode sets up the match between Shelton and RVD for the I-C title at WrestleMania.

And some good news from the WWE: Eddie Guerrero will be inducted in this year's Hall of Fame.

- Now what did I tell you? RVD will never be a main-eventer in the WWE. At least this week's episode sets up the match between Shelton and RVD for the I-C title at WrestleMania.

And some good news from the WWE: Eddie Guerrero will be inducted in this year's Hall of Fame.

372359[/snapback]

Bah...idiots. What a waste RVD is probably the best there is on that show and they keep him at mid card.

Glad to see EG remembered so quickly. RIP Vato!

*Spoiler!*

After Randy Orton beat Rey Mysterio and face Kurt Angle for World Heavyweight Champion, Rey was depressed.

However, Theodore Long announced that he added Rey and Triple Threat Championship Match! I'm glad! :D

Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!

After Randy Orton beat Rey Mysterio and face Kurt Angle for World Heavyweight Champion, Rey was depressed.

However, Theodore Long announced that he added Rey and Triple Threat Championship Match!  I'm glad!  :D

373412[/snapback]

WWE is so predictable. I knew they'd do this.

BTW, theboar, don't worry about spoilers for SmackDown!, as the show's pre-recorded and fans get results two days in advance, anyway.