The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

Well the debut of the "new" ECW was certainly crap <_< .....They need to distance themselves from the WWE if they are ever going to even remotely appear to be the "outlaws" they are supposed to be. The catch-22 is that they need to involve the WWE, because they have so far only felt the need to sign washed-up never-was wrestlers and use them to get regularly get punked-out by the "thug" John Cena. If Paul Heyman pulls this off, it will be a miracle. I can already see Vince and his writers' hands all over this. Oh yeah, for whoever asked, the zombie was a jab at Sci-Fi for requesting genre-specific characters such as aliens, a time-traveller and vampires. Everyone who wants to see some cutting edge wrestling with storylines that do not insult your intelligence, please seek out Ring of Honor. Booked by a former ECW employee, Gabe Sapolsky, ROH is as close as your going to get to ECW(smark fans and all). ROH has consistently been the best wrestling promotion in the U.S. since oh, about the middle of 2004. :)

Edited by therealfolkblues

Ya ECW last night meh....And I love RVD but after all these years he still can't shoot on the mic. Hell that one girl couldn't even strip tease right lol She needs more practice removing her bra...

They should go dig up Jerry Lynn. He and RVD used to have awesome matches. I wonder if Mike Awesome and Super Crazy are still around.

Ya ECW last night meh....And I love RVD but after all these years he still can't shoot on the mic. Hell that one girl couldn't even strip tease right lol She needs more practice removing her bra...

They should go dig up Jerry Lynn. He and RVD used to have awesome matches. I wonder if Mike Awesome and Super Crazy are still around.

407823[/snapback]

Jerry Lynn works for TNA, he had been an agent of sorts after an in ring injury( a bad Juvi driver). He has started working some TNA shows, most notably the one they just had in the former ECW arena. RVD wanted Lynn for this years ONS, but obviously that didn't happen. Mike Awesome(along with Masato Tanaka) stole last year's ONS, and as far I know, "wasn't available" for this year's. Take that for what you will, it has been rumored that he wanted too much money, which I can believe, and mentioned the '06 ECW PPV on his website, pretty much burying it(probably because he isn't involved :rolleyes: ). He works for Pro Wrestling Noah in Japan(another great promotion) most of the time now anyways. Super Crazy works on Smackdown, but from the looks of this weeks spoilers, he may be headed back to ECW to give the WWE "superstars" they are feuding with someone to beat up. Is it any wonder I primarily watch Independent/Japanese wrestling :angry: ?

Edited by therealfolkblues

Yeah, I've seen tidbits of Ring of Honor, and it's pretty good. However, I recommend International Wrestling Syndicate. These guys are probably beyond ECW when it comes to hardcore.

Sample Video 1

Sample Video 2

Sample Video 3

407861[/snapback]

IWS, are those guys back-yarders?( :D ) sorry, couldn't resist.

I've seen them as well, and if you like that style, they, along with CZW are some of the best at it. I prefer ROH because it reminds me of the classic matches I watched growing up. Like in the "real" NWA(Flair/Steamboat/Midnight Express/Road Warriors) the UWF(Dr Death Steve Wiliams/Terry Gordy/"old school" Sting). Even better, they present it much like the Japanese, more like a sport. So that means we don't have to put up with a 60 year old man parading around with his ass hanging out talking about his latest trip to the salon for an "asscial", as well as making out with surgically-enhanced divas to prove to us what a man he is :angry: .

Well, the ECW show was crap, but it was actually good news for SciFi:

No matter what you thought of ECW on Sci Fi last night, the show was a winner in the ratings, scoring a 2.7 cable rating with a 4 share and 2.357 million households. For a debut on a new, non-wrestling network that is an amazing number for them and a great opening night figure. WWE is very happy with the rating.

Other notes:

The original script for last night's ECW show featured The Sandman squashing an alien, but Sci-Fi network argued that it did not want an alien squashed on its network. WWE instead used "The Zombie" in the segment. More science-fiction related characters and angles will be part of future broadcasts.

Last night's ECW show was actually written by Paul Heyman, however, it was tweaked by the WWE creative team. Despite Heyman, the show was more of a Vince McMahon production rather than a Paul Heyman production. Heyman wrote the show to meet Vince McMahon's expectations and visions of ECW.

Paul Heyman thought the show was a train wreck. As a matter of fact, several people in the company thought the show was a complete disaster and a failure.

Tazz's PPV "match" with Jerry Lawler at ECW ONS was put on last night's ECW show because the actual taping ran a little short and they had to fill time somehow. Also, the production crew missed a few cues during the battle royal. They fixed the mistakes before the taping aired though.

ECW ring announcer Steven DeAngelis was told to come to the show, but when he arrived to the arena, he was told that his services were no longer required. DeAngelis was told that he was not going to be used and thus he was sent home. The new ECW announcer will be Justin Roberts.

Earlier tonight on The Kliq Show:

- Some guy had a rooster with him, because Vinnie Mac loves cocks. Get it? HAHA! :ph34r:

- Since when did RAW become Nickelodeon?

- Did we really need to see Coach's dark side? :ph34r:

- HBK: "What kind of man would get Stephanie pregnant, anyway?"

- HHH: "I don't know, but he must be some kind of stud!" :ph34r:

- Aside from the little ECW invasion, tonight's episode was completely DX.

post-237-1150792443_thumb.jpg

post-237-1150792459_thumb.jpg

Earlier tonight on The Kliq Show:

- HBK: "What kind of man would get Stephanie pregnant, anyway?"

- HHH: "I don't know, but he must be some kind of stud!"  :ph34r:

409443[/snapback]

Shouldn't Nipple H be the one who gets slimed at that comment? :lol::lol:

Last night on ECW on SciFi:

- Jobber of the week: Macho Libre - some fat guy wearing a mask and imitating "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Ooohhh Yeahhh!

- Kelly did another striptease. This time, she didn't have a problem with her bra. Unfortunately, some wrestler ran in with a towel and dragged her off the stage.

- RVD and Angle def. Edge and Orton last night. Unfortunately, if you've followed WWE over the past decade, that means RVD's dropping the title at Vengeance this Sunday. :angry:

WWE Vengeance Results

Olympic Hero vs. Legend-Killer (Again)

Randy Orton landed the RKO on Kurt Angle after escaping from the Ankle Lock by pulling Angle towards an exposed turnbuckle.

Umaga destroyed Eugene with the Samoan Spike before annihilating Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Doink the Clown. Manager Armando Alejandro Estrada stopped Umaga from confronting Kamala.

Hardcore Legend vs. THE Legend (2-out-of-3 Falls)

1. Ric Flair rolled Mick Foley for the three-count. Flair: 1, Foley: 0

2. Flair beat Foley by DQ after Foley hit him with a trash can while locked in the figure-four leglock.

Winner: Ric Flair

Afterwards, Foley made a bloody mess out of Flair with a barbwire baseball bat.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Triple-Threat

Johnny Nitro def. Shelton Benjamin and Carlito via pinfall on Shelton to become the new I-C Champion.

WWE Championship

Rob Van Dam destroyed Edge with the Five-Star Frog Splash.

Kane vs. Himself

Fake Kane chokeslammed the real Kane for the win. :blink:

Extreme Lumberjack Match

John Cena made Sabu STFU after landing the F-U through a table.

The Return of D-Generation X

Shawn Michaels and Triple-H def. the Spirit Squad via Sweet Chin Music on Johnny and Pedigree on Kenny.

After the match, HBK made Mitch kiss HHH's @$$. Vinnie Mac arrived on the scene and did nothing but smile.

Did anybody hear about the ECW house show over the weekend at the famed ECW arena? Highlights included:

-The debut of my personal hero CM Punk, in a win over Stevie Richards.

-The crowd chanting "this show sucks" and "don't come back" at the Big Show.

-Paul Heyman had to come out at one point to try to placate the crowd, which crapped on the "new" ECW all night, (with the exception of CM Punk's debut). He basically told the crowd that they should be thankful that ECW is even back at all.

-RVD beat Kurt Angle. Speaking of RVD, when are they going to get the WWE title off of him so we can get in to some original ECW angles?

This whole thing is a train wreck, and what makes McMahon think he can start a NEW brand when his other two suck to high heaven :angry: ?

RVD and Sabu the new Cheech and Chong? Sorry, but I had to post this:

Wrestling stars busted in Hanging Rock

By Kirsten Stanley/The Ironton Tribune

Monday, July 3, 2006 10:10 AM CDT

HANGING ROCK — Two wrestling superstars from Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment may be tough in the ring, but they didn’t have enough muscle to escape drug charges after being stopped Sunday night by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Robert Alex Szatowski, aka WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam, and Terry Michael Brunk, aka Sabu, also a former ECW champion, were pulled over on U.S. 52, near Patrick Street in Hanging Rock at about 10:15 p.m. The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena earlier in the evening.

According to the OSHP, Szatowski was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene.

Szatowski, of Battle Creek, Mich., has had a long, successful career with both the WWE and ECW. In addition to being the current champion of both, he has been intercontinental champion six times, hardcore champion four times and has been a part of several championship tag team duos.

He is scheduled to wrestle tonight on WWE Raw and is also wrestling Tuesday night to retain his WWE and ECW titles during the “Extreme Rules Match†on the Sci-Fi channel.

Brunk, who lists his hometown as Bombay, India, on the WWE Web site, has also had a successful career with the ECW, earning world heavyweight championship titles two times and tag team championship honors three times.

Both Brunk and Szatowski are scheduled to appear at 10 a.m. Thursday in Ironton Municipal Court. Both wrestlers won their matches last night in Huntington, W.Va. Van Dam defeated the Big Show and Sabu defeated Justin Credible.

Last night on The Kliq Show:

- DX may be back, but I don't think anyone cares anymore, especially with all the lame jokes they're throwing.

- The whole "Stand Back" video was funny for just two seconds, so stop dragging it around, Vinnie Mac.

Well RVD loses two belts, two nights in a row and has been suspended for 30 days by Paul Heyman :angry: ah this sucks

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/rvdsuspended

Moments after screwing Rob Van Dam out of the ECW Championship, Paul Heyman gave the following statement to ECW.com:

“As of this moment, Rob Van Dam has been suspended for 30 days.â€

I approached Heyman immediately as he came backstage following the match to ask him why he screwed Van Dam. Heyman only smiled and offered the above statement. I followed him to ask him why RVD was suspended and why he was screwed out of the ECW Championship…but he only walked faster. When I finally got to his office door, Heyman slammed the door in my face.

Unfortunately, what should have been RVD’s holiday weekend homecoming went from bad to worse to downright horrible. On Monday morning, everything seemed cool as RVD walked into the Wachovia Center as both the ECW and WWE Champion; Tuesday night, however, he left the building with no gold and no job for a month.

After losing the WWE Championship to Edge in a Triple Threat Match on RAW, RVD also lost his ECW Championship to Big Show live on ECW on Sci Fi Tuesday night. With the referee down, Van Dam seemingly had the match won after a Five-Star Frog Splash. Paul Heyman went to count the pinfall like he did at One Night Stand…but before he got to three, Heyman stopped and stared at RVD.

Van Dam looked like he had just lost his best friend, and as he and Heyman did some jaw jacking, Big Show recovered. He spun Rob around and nailed him with a chair, and after a vicious chokeslam on that same chair, ECW had a new champion.

And now, with the suspension levied by Heyman, it looks like RVD won’t have a chance to right the wrong he has been handed.

Well, even though RVD lost both belts in successive nights, I felt the WWE protected him well. The only way Big Show beat him was through the interference of Heyman. The plan is once he gets back from his suspension, he will get the same push, so basically he will be hotter than ever since getting screwed over by Heyman. I am glad to see that RVD will be getting a chance to redeem himself once he comes back, I thought his big chance had gone up in smoke :p .On another suspension-related note, it seems Kurt Angle's time off is really a suspension, but no one will say what for....

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier this week on ECW on SciFi:

- What's the whole point of having ECW when you're gonna have their entire roster job to newbies or WWE Superstars? Case in point: Sandman jobbing to Mike Knox.

- WTF was the point of Heyman kissing Tommy Dreamer?

- Big Show vs. Undertaker - great...now instead of ECW, we have a WWE feud that died out years ago.

WWE The Great American Bash Results

WWE Tag Team Championship

Brian Kendrick/Paul London def. The Pitbulls.

WWE United States Championship

Fit Finlay def. William Regal.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Gregory Helms used a rollup and a handful of tights to pin Matt Hardy.

Punjabi Prison Match

Undertaker def. Big Show

Four-Way Bra & Panties Match

Ashley def. Jillian Hall, Kristal Marshall and Michelle McCool

Mr. Kennedy def. Batista via DQ when Batista refused to release a boot choke on Kennedy.

World Heavyweight Championship

King Booker def. Rey Mysterio to become the new Champion after Chavo Guerrero ran in and nailed Rey with a steel chair.

That's right - Booker T. is now a SIX-TIME! SIX-TIME! SIX-TIME! SIX-TIME! SIX-TIME! SIX-TIME! World Heavyweight Champion.

Now can you dig that...

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that every year, for the past three years, SummerScam has been competing for the title of worst PPV of the year. Well, this year's event was no different, if not worse than the whole Goldberg screwjob of 2003. And to think I wasted a bottle of Bacardi 151 on this...

WWE SummerScam Results

Chavo Guerrero landed the frog splash on Rey Mysterio after Eddie's widow Vickie accidentally made Rey slip on the top ropes.

ECW Championship

Big Show chokeslammed Sabu through a table.

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Seriously, did you think Hulk Hogan would actually put Randy Orton over?

"I Quit"

Ric Flair made Mick Foley quit after Melina got herself involved in the match.

Batista def. King Booker by DQ after Queen Sharmell interfered with the match.

D-Generation X (Triple-H & Shawn Michaels) def. Vince & Shane McMahon via Pedigree on Vinnie Mac, despite early confrontations with the Spirit Squad, William Regal, Fit Finlay and Mr. Kennedy, as well as interference from Umaga (who ended up getting dragged to the locker room by Kane).

WWE Championship - Edge can lose the title by DQ

Edge used a set of brass knuckles on the back of John Cena's head to retain the title.

• 4 weeks later...

This Sunday, WWE presents Unforgiven. I probably won't watch it, but here are my predictions:

Kane vs. Umaga

It's a known fact that Kane won't put newbies over and the WWE wants to keep Umaga's undefeated streak intact, so expect a no-contest between the two or otherwise a DQ from one of them.

Carlito vs. Randy Orton

Carlito spits in the face of the Legend-killer.

WWE Tag Team Championship - Spirit Squad vs. The Highlanders

Sorry, but the Bushwhackers in Kilts will not win the belts. That goes to show that WWE doesn't care about the Tag Titles anymore.

WWE Women's Championship - Lita vs. Trish Stratus

Trish announced her retirement, so don't be surprised if she loses to Lita.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Johnny Nitro vs. Jeff Hardy

Expect Hardy to win.

Hell in a Cell - D-Generation X vs. The McMahons & Big Show

Like anyone actually cares about this feud.

WWE Championship (Tables, Ladders & Chairs) - Edge vs. John Cena

TLC is Edge's turf, so expect him to win. Besides, Cena's gonna jump to SmackDown!, anyway.

Got a URL for MMA?

I don't go to too many MMA forums (mainly because they are dominated by idiotic teenage e-thugs), but here are three sites that I go to for news and stats:

http://www.sherdog.com/

http://www.mmaweekly.com/index.asp

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/index_new_temp.php

I'm mainly a Pride fan, but I watch UFC when its on. The UFC Ultimate Fighter reality shows were previously pretty crappy, but the one on now cuts to the chase and just has veteran fighters fighting with alot of the reality show drama garbage turned way down.

WWE Unforgiven Results

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Johnny Nitro def. Jeff Hardy after Melina hit Jeff with her boot.

Kane and Umaga fought to a double count-out.

WWE Tag Team Championship

The Spirit Squad def. The Highlanders via facebuster on Rory.

Hell in a Cell

D-Generation X def. The McMahons & Big Show after Triple-H cracked Vinnie Mac's skull with his sledgehammer.

WWE Women's Championship

Trish Stratus, in her final match, made Lita tap out to the Sharpshooter to regain the Women's Title.

Randy Orton landed the RKO on Carlito.

WWE Championship - Tables, Ladders & Chairs

John Cena def. Edge after landing the F-U on the Rated-R Superstar through a stack of tables.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to RAW last night(first time in about 5 years) eh it was alright. Took my nephew to his first wrestling show. It's all new to him. I envy him for that lol. Dark match after RAW went off the air was Booker...er I mean KING BOOKER!!! vs Batista. Decent match with a cheap finish. Booker disqualified himself. Super Crazy vs Charlie Haas was the best match before RAW went on the air.

I got to see K-Fed in person....wow :wacko: I'm surprised he wasn't pelted with beer. Chicago crowds are usually pretty rowdy.

I got to see K-Fed in person....wow :wacko: I'm surprised he wasn't pelted with beer. Chicago crowds are usually pretty rowdy.

Maybe because he wasn't worth an ounce of beer. Let's all hope WWE doesn't keep that dork on the show for long. If he gets F-U'd every week, that's fine. But if he does what David Arquette did in WCW, the WWE can go straight to hell.

I went to RAW last night(first time in about 5 years) eh it was alright. Took my nephew to his first wrestling show. It's all new to him. I envy him for that lol. Dark match after RAW went off the air was Booker...er I mean KING BOOKER!!! vs Batista. Decent match with a cheap finish. Booker disqualified himself. Super Crazy vs Charlie Haas was the best match before RAW went on the air.

Do yourself a favor, and take him to a Ring of Honor show. They are running Chicago this very weekend actually. No C-list celebrities, no D-list wrestling talent, only smartly booked and exciting wrestling. End of rant :D

• 1 month later...

WWE Survivor Series Results

Survivor Series Match 1

Ric Flair/Sgt. Slaughter/Dusty Rhodes/Arn Anderson/Ron Simmons def. The Spirit Squad (Sole Survivor: Flair).

WWE U.S. Championship

Chris Benoit locked Chavo Guerrero in the Crossface to retain the title.

WWE Women's Championship - Lita's Last Stand

Mickie James knocked Lita out with a Tornado DDT to become the new Champion.

Survivor Series Match 2

Team DX (Triple-H/Shawn Michaels/The Hardy Boyz/C.M. Punk) did a clean sweep on Team Rated-RKO (Edge/Randy Orton/Johnny Nitro/Gregory Helms/Mike Knox).

First Blood

Mr. Kennedy def. Undertaker after MVP hit the Dead Man with a steel chair.

Survivor Series Match 3

Team Cena (John Cena/Rob Van Dam/Sabu/Kane/Bobby Lashley) def. Team Big Show (Big Show/Umaga/Fit Finlay/Test/Montel Vontavious Porter) (Sole Survivors: Cena/Lashley).

Batista clocked King Booker with the title belt to become the new Champion.

Time to dust off this thread with the latest wrestling news. First off, from WWE.com:

Roddy Piper Diagnosed with Cancer

WWE Hall of Famer “Rowdy†Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Also known as Hodgkin’s disease, Hodgkin’s lymphoma is a form of cancer found in the body’s lymphatic tissue. The lymphatic system helps filter out bacteria and is important in fighting diseases.

Piper was sent home early from WWE’s early-November tour of the United Kingdom and hospitalized for surgery, where doctors removed a mass at the spinal cord with an enlarged lymph node. The mass was completely removed, but the lymph node was positive for Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

Radiation therapy is used to treat Hodgkin’s lymphoma; it is an extremely successful procedure, so the prognosis is very good for Piper.

Michelle McCool Hospitalized

SmackDown Diva Michelle McCool has been hospitalized for what she thought was general sickness and acute back pain. The decision to admit herself may have saved her life.

An ultra sound and other extensive tests revealed that McCool was suffering from an enlarged kidney and an electrolyte imbalance. The condition is severe enough that she has been hospitalized for over a week--including Thanksgiving, so far.

According to WWE Doctor Ferdinand Rios, had the condition been left untreated, McCool could have encountered other major health issues such as heart or kidney failure.

“Her condition was complicated by an electrolyte imbalance; sometimes those cannot be corrected immediately, and due to lack of sodium [in her body] she needed a lot of intravenous fluids,†said Rios.

During treatment McCool mentioned a singeing pain in her chest to her doctors.

“Michelle most likely suffered a fractured sternum from one of her matches where she may have been kicked in the chest,†explained Rios.

Rios said the support and well-wishing McCool has received from her family and WWE fans has helped keep her upbeat and headed down the road to recovery. Without further complications, she should be home in time for the upcoming holiday season.

“She’s getting better and is getting stronger, and at this time is free from infection,†Rios said. “When I spoke to her she was in good spirits.â€

Ashley Does Playboy

It’s official – WWE has named Ashley next in line to be a Playboy cover girl. The sexy SmackDown Diva has signed on to grace the cover of the magazine’s April 2007 issue, just in time for WrestleMania 23.

“I’m super-honored, majorly honored,†Ashley told WWE.com in an exclusive interview. “That’s something big, to be on the cover of Playboy.â€

Check back on WWE.com later this week for more on Ashley’s upcoming Playboy pictorial.

Candice Michelle Injured

As a result of an injury suffered on RAW, Candice Michelle will have surgery to repair a deviated septum. The surgery will take place this Thursday, Nov. 30.

Candice was injured Monday night on RAW when Victoria delivered a vicious kick to her face during the Divas Battle Royal. The full extent of the injury was revealed after Candice visited a specialist on Tuesday, and it was determined that surgery would be needed to repair it.

Meanwhile, if you haven't watched TNA, you may have missed a lot. Here are some highlights of Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWQW5akiF8