The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

In the film Amazon Women on the Moon, there's a segment titled "Bullsh*t or Not", which is a parody of Ripley's Believe It or Not!. The segment debates whether myths and historical incidents are either facts or simply bullsh*t.

The WWE's recent PPV Taboo Tuesday appears to be a new installment of "Bullsh*t or Not."

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Shelton Benjamin def. Chris Jericho to become the new I-C Champion.

Verdict: True

Who Faces Triple-H?

Shawn Michaels: 39%

Edge: 33%

Chris Benoit: 28%

As a result, Edge and Benoit are a tag team again.

Verdict: Bullsh*t

Diva Battle Royal - Pick the Outfit

Fans chose School Girl (Curse you, Lawler!) over Nurse and French Maid. Trish Stratus won the Battle Royal.

Weapon of Choice

Chain (41%) beat chair (30%) and lead pipe (29%). Gene Snitsky pinned Kane after crushing his throat with a steel chair and a stomp off the top rope.

Uncle vs. Cousin - Choose the Outcome

Eugene used an airplane spin, a boot to the face and a legdrop to pin Eric Bischoff. After the match, the final outcome was revealed: 59% voted for the loser to have his head shaved. As a result, Bischoff is now a bald man. In addition, Vinnie Mac ordered Jonathan Coachman to wear a dress for attempting to change the stipulation.

Verdict: Undecided

World Tag Team Championship

Although Edge walked out of the match, Benoit single-handedly defeated La Resistance for the Tag Titles after making Rob Conway tap out.

Diva vs. Playmate

Fans voted Lingerie Pillow Fight (57%) over Evening Gown (33%) and Aerobics Challenge (10%). Christy pinned Carmella.

World Heavyweight Championship

HHH def. Shawn Michaels after Edge speared HBK.

Legend vs. Legend-Killer - Choose the Stipulation

Steel Cage (68%) won over Falls Count Anywhere (20%) and Submission (12%). Randy Orton destroyed Ric Flair with the RKO.

After the match, both men shook hands and Orton helped Flair back up on his feet.

Overall, the fan interaction concept that WWE solicited for this PPV was bullsh*t as predicted.

In the film Amazon Women on the Moon, there's a segment titled "Bullsh*t or Not", which is a parody of Ripley's Believe It or Not!. The segment debates whether myths and historical incidents are either facts or simply bullsh*t.

The WWE's recent PPV Taboo Tuesday appears to be a new installment of "Bullsh*t or Not."

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Shelton Benjamin def. Chris Jericho to become the new I-C Champion.

Who Faces Triple-H?

Shawn Michaels: 39%

Edge: 33%

Chris Benoit: 28%

As a result, Edge and Benoit are a tag team again.

Diva Battle Royal - Pick the Outfit

Fans chose School Girl (Curse you, Lawler!) over Nurse and French Maid. Trish Stratus won the Battle Royal.

Weapon of Choice

Chain (41%) beat chair (30%) and lead pipe (29%). Gene Snitsky pinned Kane after crushing his throat with a steel chair and a stomp off the top rope.

Uncle vs. Cousin - Choose the Outcome

Eugene used an airplane spin, a boot to the face and a legdrop to pin Eric Bischoff. After the match, the final outcome was revealed: 59% voted for the loser to have his head shaved. As a result, Bischoff is now a bald man. In addition, Vinnie Mac ordered Jonathan Coachman to wear a dress for attempting to change the stipulation.

World Tag Team Championship

Although Edge walked out of the match, Benoit single-handedly defeated La Resistance for the Tag Titles after making Rob Conway tap out.

Diva vs. Playmate

Fans voted Lingerie Pillow Fight (57%) over Evening Gown (33%) and Aerobics Challenge (10%). Christy pinned Carmella.

World Heavyweight Championship

HHH def. Shawn Michaels after Edge speared HBK.

Legend vs. Legend-Killer - Choose the Stipulation

Steel Cage (68%) won over Falls Count Anywhere (20%) and Submission (12%). Randy Orton destroyed Ric Flair with the RKO.

After the match, both men shook hands and Orton helped Flair back up on his feet.

Overall, the fan interaction concept that WWE solicited for this PPV was bullsh*t as predicted.

Mind you I haven't watched wrestling in a VERY long time, but I read this every now and then (thanks A7 for the "informative" updates).

While I didn't see the PPV, and from your posts it seems your opinion on WWF/E (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) seems to be going progressively downhill, I think this fan interaction may be a step in the right direction for the show.

If nothing else it get's the fans more involved then just a passive audience, and any market research will tell you that when people are more involved, they tend to like the product better.

If they try this again, maybe they'll get it right... of course, I probably won't be watching, as the last time I actively watched wrestling my fav. was Ricky Steamboat. :huh:

While I didn't see the PPV, and from your posts it seems your opinion on WWF/E (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) seems to be going progressively downhill, I think this fan interaction may be a step in the right direction for the show.

Indeed, it is, but the WWE wasn't completely honest with the polls. Last week, TOPWRESTLING.com posted a poll to simulate the one WWE made. In the Intercontinental section of the poll, majority voted for Shelton Benjamin. Surprisingly, nobody voted for Batista (and that's saying a lot, as 1-2 people voted for the Coachman).

Meanwhile, on the World Championship side, Benoit won the poll, while Edge finished dead last. What does that tell you?

Yes, fan interaction is the solution to WWE's problems. But with HHH around, it doesn't work.

I've tried.... oh have I tried to watch the WWE lately.......it's so bad right now(worse than the mid 90's). I thought it couldn't get any worse than a few months ago and it has.

And Ric Flair please retire. You have nothing to prove anymore. You can still shoot with best of them but ya can't wrestle at all anymore.

How Come all the "New" Finishing Moves these losers do now are all rip off of the Stone cold stunner? The RKO is the worst finishing move I can think of right Now.

I glad to see Shelton Benjamin win the IC belt, but it was disrespectful of the WWE to give Chris Jericho that Belt in the first place. Once you have have been the World Champ and the 1st undisputed champ at that. The lowest title you should hold are the Tag titles.

I can't understand why Vince or anyone else in the company realizes that HHH is one of the biggest reasons for fan disatisfaction with WWE? I mean, everyone ALWAYS expects that HHH will either win a match against anyone, or he'll win back the title in a few days, which just kills the interest in any match he's in. I about had a stroke when I was surpised that Benoit beat him last time to become champ... for a few months <_<

Another thing, when was the last time there was a Heavyweight Championship match where there WASN'T interference?! What ever happened to a good old fashioned one on one match where there were no catches or run ins? Oh wait, HHH is the champ and Evolution will always do run ins... BOOOORRIIINNGGG!!!

Edited by Seven

I can't understand why Vince or anyone else in the company realizes that HHH is one of the biggest reasons for fan disatisfaction with WWE? I mean, everyone ALWAYS expects that HHH will either win a match against anyone, or he'll win back the title in a few days, which just kills the interest in any match he's in. I about had a stroke when I was surpised that Benoit beat him last time to become champ... for a few months <_<

I feel your pain, Seven. Apparently, Pat Patterson does, too. Recently, Vinnie Mac told Patterson to go to every live event and find out why fans are not happy with the shows. When Patterson returned, his conclusion was that HHH was the main cause.

Of course, Vinnie Mac ignored the fact that his son-in-law was bringing his company down. As a result, Patterson turned in his resignation and left the WWE as of this past Tuesday.

Another thing, when was the last time there was a Heavyweight Championship match where there WASN'T interference?!  What ever happened to a good old fashioned one on one match where there were no catches or run ins?  Oh wait, HHH is the champ and Evolution will always do run ins... BOOOORRIIINNGGG!!!

As far as I recall, most of Chris Benoit's matches.

Of course, Vinnie Mac ignored the fact that his son-in-law was bringing his company down. As a result, Patterson turned in his resignation and left the WWE as of this past Tuesday.

Un-effing-believable. I take back everything I've ever said about McMahon being a smart businessman.

So sad that he is ignoring things and allowing one man to bring things down such as he has. Isn't this the same thing that killed WCW interest in fans? With certain people calling the shots, walking all over the others from behind the scenes since they were in positions of power.

Another thing, when was the last time there was a Heavyweight Championship match where there WASN'T interference?!  What ever happened to a good old fashioned one on one match where there were no catches or run ins?  Oh wait, HHH is the champ and Evolution will always do run ins... BOOOORRIIINNGGG!!!

As far as I recall, most of Chris Benoit's matches.

EXACTLY. And that's why Benoit has more respect as a champion. I was really hoping Benoit would go up for the World Championship at Taboo Tuesday, but I kinda suspected that the other prima donna HBK would get his way. There have been people that have put down Benoit in spite of his skills... wasn't it Nash that called him and Malenko the "Vanilla Midgets"?

The other thing that bothers me is how WWE tends to overcompensate at times. Like people complain how the title has been on HHH too long, so they have the title switch 3 times in short succession! First Benoit beat HHH and was champ, then Orton, then HHH again. I'm for long champion reigns, but only on the right person with credibility like Benoit. You can't put it on a rookie like Orton or even Shelton Benjamin, and you can't put it on a prima donna like HHH or HBK.

Many people have compared HHH to Hogan (the other HHH) when it comes to backstage politics. However, their methods are completely different:

- Hogan was in charge of his matches only.

- HHH, on the other hand, is in charge of every single match on RAW. Worse is that he's also starting to order the SmackDown! roster around.

In other news:

- Kane is on his way to Australia to begin filming WWE's horror flick Eye Scream Man.

- Shawn Michaels may have to undergo knee surgery after suffering a torn meniscus during the triple-threat match on RAW.

IIRC the last time there was a title fight with no interference was stone cold and taker in summer slam a few years ago.

EDIT: to me one of the main reasons everthing sucks is the lack of continuity between raw and smackdown, it was better with two shows a week following a story line rather than "HHH wins again" on raw to "who the hell are these wcw rejects?" on smackdown.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Speaking of WCW rejects (although I don't feel that Benoit, Saturn, Malenko and Guerrero deserve that, since I think they quit collectively), does anyone remember when Buff Bagwell debuted in WWE? :lol:

Or how about that crappy tag team, Kronik with Adam Bomb and Crush? They lasted what, ONE ppv?!

does anyone remember when Buff Bagwell debuted in WWE?  :lol:

I miss that, what happened? :blink:

Generally speaking, he came in for a short month and basically was the same boring lazy wrestler he was in WCW. Fans booed him on a regular basis and I think he was in just one PPV before Vince cut him loose. This was during the whole WWE/WCW Invasion angle...

Usually WWE takes a loooong time to cut someone loose... I mean, they kept that one big fat wrestler who carried around a Cartman doll, The Blue Meanie, Doink the Clown, and countless other questionable wrestlers for months on end, constantly trying to adjust their angles to build some heat with them. But with Buff, man, the audience hated him sooo much that Vince must've had his finger on the firing button the whole time since he came and went so fast!

I don't even remember seeing Public Enemy (R.I.P. Rocco Rock) in the WWF.

As for Bagwell, his match with Booker T. on RAW was absolutely piss-poor. He refused to sell anything in the ring properly; thus prompting the fans to yell out, "BORING!" and "THIS MATCH SUCKS!" until Austin and Angle ganged up on Booker before kicking him and Bagwell out of the arena.

A week or so later, during a training session, Bagwell had an altercation with Gregory "The Hurricane" Helms, which led to a legitimate fist-fight. Eventually, Bagwell was fired for that incident.

And don't remind me about Kronik. At least the WWE didn't sign in Glacier.

I don't even remember seeing Public Enemy (R.I.P. Rocco Rock) in the WWF.

They were on WWF after a month or two after royally pissing off the ECW fans and before that the WCW fans. Iirc they were in WWF for like two weeks and one PPV which everybody hated them for every second of it.

This past Monday on RAW:

- Following a humiliating defeat and a haircut at Taboo Tuesday, Bischoff called it a night off, proclaiming that "the inmates are in charge of the asylum." Well, that means the backstage politics take to the ring.

- As expected, HHH saw it fit to call the shots on the episode. However, as Evolution surrounded Christy, they were confronted by Y2J, Maven, Benoit and the rest of the face roster.

- After jobbing to everyone for over three years, WWE decided to give Maven a major push by having him defeat Batista.

- Another HBK interview. Yawn.

- Will someone please send Snitsky back to the drawing board? He's the RAW equivalent of Heidenreich.

- During the Flair/Orton rematch, Batista attempted to interfere, only to be pounded by Benoit/Y2J/Maven all the way to the back. Meanwhile, HHH nailed Orton with a steel chair, giving Flair the win. As HHH and Flair proceeded to do a mudhole stomp on Orton, they found themselves surrounded once again by the entire RAW face roster. In the end, everyone ganged up on HHH before Benoit landed three German suplexes on him and Orton did his RKO on him.

- If a face stable is in the works to combat Evolution, please don't make Orton the leader.

This past Monday on RAW:

- Following a humiliating defeat and a haircut at Taboo Tuesday, Bischoff called it a night off, proclaiming that "the inmates are in charge of the asylum." Well, that means the backstage politics take to the ring.

- As expected, HHH saw it fit to call the shots on the episode. However, as Evolution surrounded Christy, they were confronted by Y2J, Maven, Benoit and the rest of the face roster.

- After jobbing to everyone for over three years, WWE decided to give Maven a major push by having him defeat Batista.

- Will someone please send Snitsky back to the drawing board? He's the RAW equivalent of Heidenreich.

- During the Flair/Orton rematch, Batista attempted to interfere, only to be pounded by Benoit/Y2J/Maven all the way to the back. Meanwhile, HHH nailed Orton with a steel chair, giving Flair the win. As HHH and Flair proceeded to do a mudhole stomp on Orton, they found themselves surrounded once again by the entire RAW face roster. In the end, everyone ganged up on HHH before Benoit landed three German suplexes on him and Orton did his RKO on him.

- If a face stable is in the works to combat Evolution, please don't make Orton the leader.

Yeah, don't put Orton at the head.

At least everyone beat the crap out of HHH. Sorry I missed that.

This past Monday on RAW:

Yeah, don't put Orton at the head.

At least everyone beat the crap out of HHH. Sorry I missed that.

Maybe it's a sign that HHH is actually realizing that people WANT to see him lose? :blink:

I know fat chance.

Dollars to donuts say he'll still come out "on top". :angry:

Last night on RAW:

- Bischoff announced that he is taking a vacation for a month, and for that, he gave a stipulation to the Survivor Series elimination match between Orton/Benoit/Y2J/Maven and HHH/Edge/Batista/Snitsky. The winning team gets to be RAW GM for a month.

- Flair was pissed when he found out he wasn't part of the elimination match, but Bischoff told him it's punishment for Evolution not helping him in his match against Eugene at Taboo Tuesday.

- HHH ("via satellite," but actually backstage) announced he wasn't going to appear on the episode to see how the show does without him carrying it.

- Backstage, Tajiri explained to interviewer Maria (former WWE Diva Search contestant) - in his limited English - that he and the whole WWE roster are fed up with HHH's backstage politics. He got punked by Batista for his troubles.

- Edge managed to get more heel heat by self-promoting his upcoming autobiography during the Christian/Hurricane match. Later on the show, he cost Benoit the Tag Titles by ignoring the match. Afterwards, Edge nailed Benoit with the belt and made him tap out to his own Crossface.

- WTF is Viscera doing on RAW?

- Simon Dean made his first-ever RAW appearance; and I must say that he's a much better heel than Carlito Caribbean Cool. While promoting his Simon System weight-loss program, he bagged on one fan about not being able to see his penis, a female fan about how her thick arms prevent her from shaving her armpits and how she's emitting a cheesy odor, and a toothless fan for being inbred. That fan made his way into the ring to shove Simon. In retaliation, Simon suplexed him and made him tap out to a modified STF.

- Another way for WWE to piss everyone off: Arab-American wrestler Muhammad Hassan and his manager Khosrow Daivari.

- Orton/Y2J/Maven vs. Batista/Flair (and HHH if he shows up). An outnumbered Flair and Batista bailed out when HHH's music hit. But right when Flair and Batista regained their confidence, Tajiri - wearing a blond wig and a HHH shirt - appeared to mock the champion. In the end, Batista got punked once again by the face trio.

In other news:

- A-Train, Billy Gunn and Test have been released from the WWE.

- Bischoff announced that he is taking a vacation for a month, and for that, he gave a stipulation to the Survivor Series elimination match between Orton/Benoit/Y2J/Maven and HHH/Edge/Batista/Snitsky. The winning team gets to be RAW GM for a month.

I'd make a dry comment about "guessing who will wind up GM, but what's the point?

- Flair was pissed when he found out he wasn't part of the elimination match, but Bischoff told him it's punishment for Evolution not helping him in his match against Eugene at Taboo Tuesday.

Flair should be more embarrased about wrestling Eugene in the first place. I still say that is one of their lamest gimmicks to date.

- HHH ("via satellite," but actually backstage) announced he wasn't going to appear on the episode to see how the show does without him carrying it.

And I'll bet that segment alone was 10 minutes long. Only HHH would hog airtime like that just to announce that he won't be in this weeks episode.

- Backstage, Tajiri explained to interviewer Maria (former WWE Diva Search contestant) - in his limited English - that he and the whole WWE roster are fed up with HHH's backstage politics. He got punked by Batista for his troubles.

Hmm....art immitating life, or vice versa? Either way, this is just frustrating because we know what the end result will be.

- Edge managed to get more heel heat by self-promoting his upcoming autobiography during the Christian/Hurricane match. Later on the show, he cost Benoit the Tag Titles by ignoring the match. Afterwards, Edge nailed Benoit with the belt and made him tap out to his own Crossface.

So this is Benoit's new role? He gets to job to Edge? I have no problem with Edge, but Benoit has just been thrown to the wolves since he dumped the title to Orton.

- Simon Dean made his first-ever RAW appearance; and I must say that he's a much better heel than Carlito Caribbean Cool. While promoting his Simon System weight-loss program, he bagged on one fan about not being able to see his penis, a female fan about how her thick arms prevent her from shaving her armpits and how she's emitting a cheesy odor, and a toothless fan for being inbred. That fan made his way into the ring to shove Simon. In retaliation, Simon suplexed him and made him tap out to a modified STF.

I'll have to check this guy out next week. I have to admit that Carlito Caribbean Cool made me chuckle, if for no other reason than that he reminded me of the cheesy days of Razor Ramone.

- Another way for WWE to piss everyone off: Arab-American wrestler Muhammad Hassan and his manager Khosrow Daivari.

Bleh.

- Orton/Y2J/Maven vs. Batista/Flair (and HHH if he shows up). An outnumbered Flair and Batista bailed out when HHH's music hit. But right when Flair and Batista regained their confidence, Tajiri - wearing a blond wig and a HHH shirt - appeared to mock the champion. In the end, Batista got punked once again by the face trio.

So has teaming Orton up with Y2J helped his face appeal? I hate the guy, but maybe they're trying something different.

In other news:

- A-Train, Billy Gunn and Test have been released from the WWE.

If you hadn't mentioned it here, I doubt I ever would have noticed. I wonder if this will hurt Test's relationship with Ms Keibler. :p

What's the deal with Test? Why had he been off air for so long? The way I saw him, he was like a more talented and harder working Diesel with better moves and agility. His mic skills weren't as bad as Orton's, Maven's, Brock Lesnar's or even Benoit. Hell, I give the guy props for just being able to go home to Stacy Keibler every night and gettin some. So why'd they ditch him?

Edited by Seven

What's the deal with Test? Why had he been off air for so long? The way I saw him, he was like a more talented and harder working Diesel with better moves and agility. His mic skills weren't as bad as Orton's, Maven's, Brock Lesnar's or even Benoit. Hell, I give the guy props for just being able to go home to Stacy Keibler every night and gettin some. So why'd they ditch him?

This is just one of those deals where WWE has no idea how to utilize a talented wrestler in current storylines. As a result, WWE has no choice but to let them go.

Here's a short list of Superstars who have been released over the past year. There are more, but I doubt that anyone noticed them.

A-Train (who cares about him?)

Chavo Guerrero, Sr. (like anyone really cares)

Goldust (his gimmick was stale, anyway)

Billy Gunn (definitely won't be missed)

Jeff Hardy (personal problems got the most of him)

Chris Kanyon (talent completely wasted by the WWE)

Jamie Noble (another case of misuse of Cruiserweight talent)

Jacqueline (not that it mattered, anyway)

Sean O'Haire (hit a dead end after Piper was fired)

Scott Steiner (he was useless, anyway)

Terri

Test

Well looks like the bloodletting continues as WWE has just released Rico. Man I didn't mind the dude, but he wasn't a stellar talent or anything. It seems that including Rico 12 wrestlers have been giving their notices, of those that have been served only 10 have been announced by WWE.

Place yer bets on who is gone next!

NaNa, NaNaNaNa, Hey, Hey, Hey, Goodbye! :ph34r:

NB: My source was www.rajahwwf.com

Well, here's the latest list of Superstars released from the WWE:

Jazz

Gail Kim

Rodney Mack

Nidia

Chuck Palumbo

Rico

Johnny Stamboli

The official word for Test, A-Train, Billy Gunn and most of the recent firings is that WWE can no longer afford to pay them, hence their releases.

Well, here's the latest list of Superstars released from the WWE:

Jazz

Gail Kim

Rodney Mack

Nidia

Chuck Palumbo

Rico

Johnny Stamboli

The official word for Test, A-Train, Billy Gunn and most of the recent firings is that WWE can no longer afford to pay them, hence their releases.

God that's stupid. They released both Jazz and Gail Kim??? Both of them were the best female wrestlers WWE had and Jazz could actually wrestle better than alot of the men in the locker room and even Orton in my opinion.