Is it still safe to order from Over-Drive?

Old Man

I'm just wondering if it's still advisable to order anything from Over-Drive these days. I have ordered from them in the past, but it's been a while since I've received any correspondence back from ther message system, which has happened more than a few times.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

They took my full payment for a Macross motorcycle helmet over year ago in 2009, & never sent anything; not even an e-mail response to my inquiry about my order status! I have tried contacting them dozens of times over the past year, and never got a a reply. I even had various people with connections to them inquire on my behalf, but nothing ever got resolved! :angry:

Stay away at all costs!

I'm just wondering if it's still advisable to order anything from Over-Drive these days. I have ordered from them in the past, but it's been a while since I've received any correspondence back from ther message system, which has happened more than a few times.

Edited by xstoys

That's really sad. I used to think they were really good. I wonder what the hell happened to them? Did they just decide to cut and run? You should really contact your bank, or credit card, and file a complaint. Especially with no notice from them.

Last time I checked their website looked like it hadn't been updated in a really long time so I took their link down from my site's recommended stores. I contacted a friend who told me they were definitely still in business but it seems like they are focused on things other than their web store right now. -

EDIT - I should have said that the guy who used to run the web store focuses now on other things, I have no idea where the company as a whole's focus is. I assume they have someone else running the web store.

Edited by jenius

Last time I checked their website looked like it hadn't been updated in a really long time so I took their link down from my site's recommended stores. I contacted a friend who told me they were definitely still in business but it seems like they are focused on things other than their web store right now. -

Well, if they are too focused on "other things", and are willing to take someone else's money and not give them what they ordered, it's the same thing as stealing, and they shouldn't have an online store.

The moment their communication went bad last year, I stop ordering from them. Not worth the hassle to order from a place where you get no communication as you practically will not be able to resolve any issues with them if you have one. Plus why order from them when you have places like Amiami. And if you need to order web specials, there's always Tokyo Hunter who can order it for you.

Edited by Valk-1S

• 2 weeks later...

All is good my end, things have been a bit hectic with all the earthquakes and sh¡t, give them time.

Their problems seemed to start way before the earthquake. Apparently, they just stopped updating the site, stopped communication with people, and burned Xstoys, as described above. I take word of mouth very seriously, especially from trustworthy sources, and this is one of those things I'm not gonna chance, especially when coming to my money.

I only got one order from them before they went south. The transaction went really smooth and shipped damn fast.

Now the sad part is, a while back I was looking for a DYRL Max 1S and they showed stock which was kinda weird.

I shot them an e-mail to verify stock status and they never replied....... I decided I could not do business with a company that cannot communicate with the customer.

I personally would steer clear of them.

Edited by Loop

Guest sh002

wow i was trying to remember the other site where i used to buy macross stuff to see if they had the sdf-1 or yf-29. so they've turned bad? that sucks. they had good prices for some things.

amiami and hlj ftw!

Sad I loved these guys and would swear by them, but since i have been short on funds I haven't ordered from them or anyone as far as Macross related goods go. I hope the comeback to the way they were.

It's probably safe to say you shouldn't order from Overdrive anymore. HG Blows, maybe you would want to ask your question on the noob thread or the wahts wrong with my toys thread. As far as I know you can't get replacement parts outside Japan, so your best bet is to contact a member there or try shooting Yamato USA a friendly email and see if they respond. Never hurts.

IIRC, last time I visited Tokyo, Save told me that the really responsive staffer at Over Drive who was responsible for handling overseas orders and emails had left the company. There was some more to the story, but I'll let Save tell it if he wants to.

But my 2¢ based on my own last experience with Over Drive is that I wouldn't order from them any more. My last few emails went unanswered. Pity, as they started off so well.

Graham