The brisk ad is way better than the movie.

I´ll have to agree with that!

Black Dynamite was a parody/tribute to black cinema in the early 70's.. You can't just swap out the ERA and the RACE and say its the same movie. Following your line of logic, we could say Cheech and Chong, is just the Mexican "Roots."

Machete it´s a lame intent to entertain, making a stereotype out of people that supposedly breath and eat violence... which can only be a subjective view of our scrushiating and terrible problems that as a society are suffering at present time, obtained only by travelling through the tv.

Edited by coppilcus

So why does the comparison to "Machete" irritate you?

Machete didn't irritate me, it was just a let down. The trailer was awesome, movie, not awesome at all.

Comparing it to Black Dynamite is ridiculous. That was an amazing film.

• 1 year later...

Couldn't be worse than the original. Maybe instead of attempting to copy black cinema, they just get their own idea and make it a truly mexican thing, then it will be good. I always thought the Mariachi series was good. Maybe it will go in that direction.

Couldn't be worse than the original. Maybe instead of attempting to copy black cinema, they just get their own idea and make it a truly mexican thing, then it will be good. I always thought the Mariachi series was good. Maybe it will go in that direction.

You know, I find myself agreeing with you more and more lately. I personally think Machete would have been an awesome movie if they never went with the white man immigration cheesefest and just focused on him staying in Mexico getting revenge on the cartel that tried to kill him punisher style.

Hell that priest assassin novella thing on King of the Hill would have made a better movie than Machete.

You know, I find myself agreeing with you more and more lately. I personally think Machete would have been an awesome movie if they never went with the white man immigration cheesefest and just focused on him staying in Mexico getting revenge on the cartel that tried to kill him punisher style.

Hell that priest assassin novella thing on King of the Hill would have made a better movie than Machete.

Exactly! No need to copy black cinema... Mexicans have their own problems which are unique to them.

This is the wrongest of all of the wrong things that I have wrongly seen in my wrong life.

Can't wait to see it.

How can you get excited about that?... Its a video that just shows one static picture and some standard music...

slurms, explosions, blood... yawn... boring.

Really, the word sl@ts automatically becomes slurms?

That's it, after the GP drivers over the weekend got warnings for using the F*** and the S*** words, I've had it with this world and it's petty censorship.

16000 kids die of famine everyday around the world, and now even the internet seems to have a bigger issue on the use of words.

I'm out of here!

Edited by Omegablue

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The trailers make it seem more interesting. I do not like the idea of mexicans hijacking black exploitation films, which was the model for the first Machete film... This one looks more like an action comedy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally got around to seeing Machete Kills and I must ask... WTF did I just watch? :wacko:

The first few minutes were enough on their own...

Machete Kills cost US$20 million to make, but became one of the biggest box office flops of 2013. It also ranks as one of Robert Rodriguez's worst films (next to the kid-oriented The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3D and Spy Kids: All the Time in the World). Simply put, this film apparently fell short on its script halfway, so Rodriguez simply threw in whatever he saw and rolled with it.

So if you need something to go with your booze, pop this movie in your player. In the meantime...

Box Office Total: US$15,008,161

• 8 months later...