Eureka Seven

Remko

I watched episode 14 last night. Along with a new opening and closing, the episode adds even more interesting questions.

Apparently this Eureka may not be Ao's mother. Eureka tells Ao that her doctor says that her baby will be a girl.

There are a couple things that hint that this Eureka may be Elena's mother

Those two developements dont' have to be mutually exclusive. Considering the bit of info that was given out about trappers in ep 13

i.e. the large saturation of trappers in the future has some kind of negative effect on human/corrallian hybrid children, there may have been some serious medical reason why Elena was abandoned to the past. If that's true, the same problem could cause Eureka to leave Ao in the past. Although I still say Elena looks more like Anomone, and even though Anomeone was human, she was still experimented on using Corralian DNA.

Naru is becoming more connected to the scub coral now that she has some growing inside her in an apparent symbiotic relationship with her. Through the scub coral, her health actually seems to be improving.

I can't wait to see what happens next week!

I'm starting to doubt this series will be wrapped up in 24 episodes, but we'll see. The second op bearing such a blatant homage to the first E7 op could iether imply that this series will lead into the first, or that these events are only the beginning of this story.

Edited by Keith

After rewatching both OPs, I really don't see the homage. Other than sharing the same artist, I don't see too many similarities between the two.

Sure, they both have that "quick-chop of scenes that coincide with the music," but that's about it.

If anything, bits of the second E7:AO OP remind me of 80's anime OPs (especially, all the characters' faces being shown in side profile).

After rewatching both OPs, I really don't see the homage. Other than sharing the same artist, I don't see too many similarities between the two.

Sure, they both have that "quick-chop of scenes that coincide with the music," but that's about it.

If anything, bits of the second E7:AO OP remind me of 80's anime OPs (especially, all the characters' faces being shown in side profile).

Listen closely to the song. "Days" fades in progresively through out the op.

Like Keith, I have a hard time seeing how they wrap this baby up in the advertised 24 episodes. Every time you think they've thrown all the questions out there and started answering them, they come again with some new ones. In any case, despite her limited screen time, Naru seems to be essential to the entire plot and much more than Ao's love interest or damsel in distress.

Anyone catch the black haired gentleman on Eureka's left in the OP? Might we get a Renton appearance that's more than a passing glance on a screen?

Assuming it is Renton, the bigger question is whether he'll actually talk in this series, or will he give us the "Adrock Thurston Special" (appear and not say a damn word)?

I'm hoping for the former.

That would be a b!tch movie to give Renton no spoken lines. Have we been given a reason for why Ao calls Eureka "Anma" instead of "Mamma" ? First time I've come across that in anime, so I don't think it's a Japanese thing.

Edited by Keith

I just watch all 14 episodes. Though hulu ( which Funimations sub-par translations) and other sources.

Just so much thrown at me at once.Naru is an idiot along with truth.

Also the music pretty good.

Theory what if the world created by;the scub coral is coming apart. and each beam of light is actually small seventh swell.

Generation bleu has a LFO locked away in the basement they ar also not as clean as they make themselves out to be.

The Americans have a slightly better grasp on all the events

Why does truths secert look like gunman from gurren lagann mainly enki

At some point they're going to go to the future

A variant of TYPE THE END has to appear with its itano circus on Ritalin.

What if time moves differently in the scub coral "earth" than on regular earth

I'm with Keith i don't see this wrapping up in the next 10 episodes.

That last line from Eureka definitely threw me for a loop.

But if that's not Ao's Eureka, then how did she know Invica and that Japanese soldier in the past?

Similar to the original series, it looks like Ao may be searching for an older sister and his dad now.

Ivica said that she's destined to come back to the past exactly 13 years from that point

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Hulu has it as blue. I'm just like thats not blue. Also only at ep 3. Not liking the whole only children can pilot IFOs. Need some sort of Holland character.

"Ao" means "Blue", and I assume that's why.

anyone see episode 15 yet?

so the secrets are like antibodies but only there to destroy the scub coral. Not exactly sure why the scub coral need to be destroyed

At this point I think things may end up going like this.

-Original E7 timeline

-Alternate timeline where the scub coral travels back in time from the future & dominates more aggressively resulting in the last of humanity sending the "Secrets" back in time to stop them.

-Current E7 timeline where a balance is restored enough to make things occur as they should.

But there are still too many unknowns to be anywhere near sure.

anyone see episode 15 yet?

so the secrets are like antibodies but only there to destroy the scub coral. Not exactly sure why the scub coral need to be destroyed

Yeah, they're like this Earth's equivalent of the Coralian antibodies. Super-aggressive and ready to take out anything not from this world. But instead of protecting the Scub Coral, they're out to protect this dimension's Earth.

The bigger question to ask is why is Generation Bleu so hell bent on wiping out the Secrets?

Also, what are the chances that the "Mama" scientist from the space station is Ao's older sister?

Lastly, I'm guessing that the Scubs disappearing from Renton and Eureka's home dimension probably has to do with the whole Limit of Questions/Life issue becoming a problem again.

Of course we are all assuming that

the Secrets are actually telling the truth regarding their purpose. They haven't exactly been efficient in combating the Scub in the episodes we have seen before. In any case, E7AO has been pretty good at having me as a viewer completely mystified about what's going on. Expect a lot of plot twists in the next 9 episodes.

Oh and Naru is annoying.

Oh and Naru is annoying.

I gave her the nickname of "Five-Head."

For me, the first series really didn't hook me in until Episode 9 (when they first visit the Ciudades del Cielo). And then of course, Episode 20 finally made the series a must-see, can't-miss one.

Yeah, it's pretty much a hodge-podge of clips strung together with some new dialogue added in.

The question is whether the new dialogue takes place sometime during the original events of E7, or if it's taking place some time well after the series has ended.

I've watched it twice (had to watch it again after the events from Episode 13). And still not sure how key the dialogue will be to the story in E7:AO.

Yeah, it's pretty much a hodge-podge of clips strung together with some new dialogue added in.

The question is whether the new dialogue takes place sometime during the original events of E7, or if it's taking place some time well after the series has ended.

I've watched it twice (had to watch it again after the events from Episode 13). And still not sure how key the dialogue will be to the story in E7:AO.

When was this extra episode released? I suppose it doesn't come with the original series DVD release, right?

The extra episode was considered Episode 51 of the original series and was originally aired on April 5, 2012.

Here's the summary info I pulled from Wikipedia. HOWEVER, no source reference was provided for the information below. Take everything below with a grain of salt:

Episode 51, "New Order"

"A special episode that shows never before seen footage of the events that happen from episode 48 and shows the ending of the series. The concept for this special was a possible real ending the staff of Eureka seveN thought up, and the script for this special was first performed in 2006 at a Sony Music Festival by the original Japanese voice actors. In March of 2012, Studio BONES decided to put existing footage of the TV series to this audio and air it for the first time on television. Episode 51's alternate ending entails that Eureka must go on a journey to scatter seven pieces of her soul across the land in order to calm it. In the end, Eureka and Renton must part ways, but Renton vows that they will meet again someday, no matter what. Episode 51 has absolutely no relation to Eureka seveN's sequel known as, 'Eureka seveN: Astral Ocean' as this was a real ending that was not used for the original TV run of the series, and Astral Ocean continues from the events that happened in Episode 50: Wish Upon a Star."

Edited by Mog

• 2 weeks later...

As we wait for the next episode to be released, here's something to tide us over.

Someone decided to mix the OPs for the two series up. Kinda trippy how the visuals kinda still mesh even with the different songs.

As we wait for the next episode to be released, here's something to tide us over.

Someone decided to mix the OPs for the two series up. Kinda trippy how the visuals kinda still mesh even with the different songs.

Not surprising considering both songs are very similar in terms of melody. They both even have that solo instrumental part.

Btw why isn't there a new episode yet? Are they taking a break or something?

Even stranger, while the new song does bear some striking similarities to the Days, the actual visuals for the 2nd up share more in common with the Shonnen Heart op. Complete with Truth & Anemone's crazy looks.

I've kinda learned my lesson about watching raw episodes without the translations/subs: unless you're watching Michel Blanc go out in a blaze of glory, it's really easy to misinterpret or misunderstand a bunch of scenes.

Happened to me with a couple of Black Lagoon episodes, and I'm pretty sure it happened with one of the earlier episodes of E7:Ao too.

Just watched it raw. More questions and a few answers i guess.

Ao gets a macross cannon

theory the seventh swell is actually a rip in space time.

Seems that way doesn't it.

I'm pretty confident now that this series is not about some kind of AU but more about the scub coral and the quartz messing with time. And Ao by using that weapon has created a new timeline in which there is no team Goldilocks. It'll be interesting to see if one can come back to the original timeline just like they try to do in the Steins Gate series

Yeah, I don't know what to think anymore.

I just hope that they can wrap up, tie in, and/or resolve:

* The disappearance of the Goldilocks team.

* The origin and purpose of Truth.

* Any additional reveals about the Secrets, other than they're the planet's reaction to the Scubs.

* The purpose of the Scub Corals in this world.

* Naru's purpose and plans in all this.

* Elena Peoples' real backstory and full origin.

* A Renton appearance or cameo (C'mon, Ao's got to have one moment with his dad, right?).

* This world's connection to the original E7 series' world.

* Some more backstory on Generation Bleu's purpose or objective.

* An explanation about why Eureka was pregnant with a daughter when last we saw her (Older sister for Ao or did the Seventh Swell or Quartz muck up the timeline and her pregnancy somehow?) :wacko:

Really hoping everything gets resolved by the time we get to Episode 24 (only 8 more episodes left).

At this point, I'm fully prepaired to find out that

Ao's sister died as a result of whatever negative effect an excesss of trappars have on half human/correlians, hence the desperate measures Eureka & Renton took to protect Ao, including apparently royally pissing off Truth and the "Secrets."

At least that's the inkling I'm getting so far.

Edited by Keith

Should I be watching this? Big fan of the original.

It depends on what you liked about the original. The free rebel surfer attitude of the original is gone. The enemy so far hasn't been much either.No Dewey or Anemone level of rivalry, And definitely no one as awesome as Ray and Charles. Just how good this series will be will depend on how its mysteries unravel.