Eureka Seven

Remko

Random theory:

I think that truths ability to change his form is related to the quartz.

Secrets are actually LFO's that are trying to go home and change their form back.

Sounds pretty plausible to me.

Another thing. There isn't any music like get it by your hands, story writer or tiger track.

Random theory:

I think that truths ability to change his form is related to the quartz.

Secrets are actually LFO's that are trying to go home and change their form back.

That wouldn't really explain why

The Secret are out to wipe out the scub coral, since LFO's are based on scub coral in the first place, they'd essentially be wiping out their own existence. What home would there be to go back to if they destroy the future they came from?

That wouldn't really explain why

The Secret are out to wipe out the scub coral, since LFO's are based on scub coral in the first place, they'd essentially be wiping out their own existence. What home would there be to go back to if they destroy the future they came from?

I'm still assuming the "light" is a space time thing or some sort of teleportation. besides since when have they answered an actual question in all 16 episdoes?

how do you know that the secret is telling the truth

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I'm still assuming the "light" is a space time thing or some sort of teleportation. besides since when have they answered an actual question in all 16 episdoes?

how do you know that the secret is telling the truth

Oh, we don't know they're telling the truth. But we do know what scub coral weapons have looked and acted like so far, and the Secret's appear entirely different. Whether they turn out to be something from Earth's future, or perhaps another race that the scub tried to absorb has yet to be seen.

So....

Apparently Eureka is stuck in time. the quartz can bend time to its liking. The macross cannon is called the quartz gun but i will refer to it as the Macross Cannon. Renton built it. It's incomplete, alive ,seeks out quartz, and consumes it. Truth is apparently from the original timeline or has dreams of it .Naru somehow brought a person back form the dead. And Ao is going to america. So far Ao going to America is probably the most interesting thing to happen. why? maybe a question will get answered.

what happened to the LFO's that caused Renton to create IFO's?

Why would someone build a Macross Cannon capable of altering time?

Whats in Generation Bleu's basement?

Who is actually the good guy?

And any other questions that will occur by the end of the series.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I'd kill for one episode. . . .

. . . that lets us see what's going on in the original E7 timeline.

See what in the hell is happening with Renton, and see what he's doing to try and get Eureka unstuck from time. Maybe, finally get some more massive big reveals.

So, if I understand the episode correctly, the the Scub Corals (and the Quartz) are going back in time and royally mucking up the timeline.

Truth is somehow from "our" dimension/timeline and wants to get back.

Team Goldilocks is still alive but living different lives. If Ao really wanted to see if he changed things, he should have checked if Bruno (the big bear guy of Team Goldilocks) was alive and well.

And we still have no clue what timeline Elena is from and how she's connected to Eureka.

Given all the mysteries still up in the air, a possible/potential(?) Renton-Ao meeting, the inevitable Ao-Truth fight, and the eventual resolution to Ao and Naru's link/connection, I really hope they can resolve all this by series end.

Edited by Mog

Good episode this one. For once we get more explanations than questions and the story seems a lot less cryptical now.

It does seem that it boils down to the scub coral transcending space/time and hence altering the fabric of time when they jump (ditto for the Quartz gun when activated). Truth wants to use the gun to get back to his timeline which is similar to ours. And although I really wanted Ao to shoot Truth with the Quartz gun, it was actually smart of him to refrain from further altering the timelines without having some sort of plan. Not everyone will have a happy existence like team Goldilocks in a new timeline.

And the confusion between the 2 Eurekas is now removed. Ao's mom is from a different timeline than the Eureka we met. I really want to see what the deal with Elena is though. She's clearly also a victim of the time fluctuations

At this point, I'm not sure I like the whole

alternate fimeline hijinks that seems to be going on. Nothing in the original series really said "time travel" to me. Interdimensional travel yes. Time travel? No.

I'm fully willing to stick with this series fo the end, but my holes of it reasonably tying in with the original are fading again.

No answers. just more bs.

Elena and Fluer activate their thrid engines. <_<

a new character is shown.

Man these characters are being stupid.

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest.

I actually think that Fleur and Elena's actions are a welcome emotional reaction to weeks of just acting like little secretive robots. The original E7 showed a lot more emotion from its characters (Renton, Anemone, Holland etc) and that was part of its appeal. I do feel that they could have done this earlier though, and not with 6 episodes to go.

:blink:

SH*T JUST GOT REAL!!!!

Death, death, and more death.

And more answers are provided and major pieces start moving us toward end-game.

* Elena is from the original E7 world.

* Maggie Kwan (formerly from Team Goldilock's) is now on the sorta opposing team.

* Truth is confirmed to be the Secret that Eureka fought 10 years prior.

* The Posideon (the space station where Generation Bleu used to store all the Quartz) gets wiped out completely.

* And we get the bad-ass hero death for a major supporting character.

Whenever bodies start dropping, this series seems to pick up the pace and get the story seriously moving.

Lastly, I wonder why the last few teaser previews are lacking any sort of narration? :unsure:

:blink:

SH*T JUST GOT REAL!!!!

Death, death, and more death.

And more answers are provided and major pieces start moving us toward end-game.

* Elena is from the original E7 world.

* Maggie Kwan (formerly from Team Goldilock's) is now on the sorta opposing team.

* Truth is confirmed to be the Secret that Eureka fought 10 years prior.

* The Posideon (the space station where Generation Bleu used to store all the Quartz) gets wiped out completely.

* And we get the bad-ass hero death for a major supporting character.

Whenever bodies start dropping, this series seems to pick up the pace and get the story seriously moving.

Lastly, I wonder why the last few teaser previews are lacking any sort of narration? :unsure:

I know. This episode was amazing. I loved the whole End of Evangelion feel it had to it

and watching Truth being shot at and fusion blasted was very pleasing to see. We finally get confirmation of Elena being from another world. Also, I loved Elena's reference to the basement scene in NGE.

One question that keeps popping into my head is what the point of Naru is?

I mean the first couple of episodes she's right up there with Ao in screen time,we get introduced to her family and circumstances and are told what happened to her. And she was fairly relevant until her abduction. Then we start seeing less and less of her and in the last episode she didn't even show up. I suppose she'll play some important role towards the end of the series (fixing timeline, helping Ao or the like), but by then will anyone really care about her from a dramatic perspective?

Honestly, both Naru & Truth seem kinda

like a cluster f^ck of antagonists. They were cool right up until the point that they started hinting that Truth was a secret. After that, the whole motivation behind Truth helping Naru goes completely out the window. There's a slight save in ep 19 where Truth says he did it because he wanted to use Naru to raise hatred against the Corralians, but that's a bit too little too late. I still don't quite see why the post original series scub are traveling through time, when they "should" be dormant or should have left to the other dimenison with the rest of the scub/human hybrids. I still don't quite understand WTF the secrets are, where they're from, and why quartz makes them go boom. For that matter, why Truth had some power over scub when he was helping Naru earlier in the series.

it's possible that all of these things and more will be cleared up by the shows end, but as it stands, I don't like the time hijinks.

I'm hoping. . .

we get a Renton sighting next episode. And I hope he pulls a Master Norb and starts explaining a crapload of stuff.

The shifting allegiances and the out-of-nowhere appearance of this Evil IFO are a little jarring.

I also kinda wish the narrative was a little tighter with some of these recent reveals. They did a good job of building the plot relating to the Georg-Secret hybrid. But this "deep dark secret hiding in the basement deal" was hinted at early and then dropped for a long period of time. Should have kept dropping subtle hints throughout. Maybe mention it once as a throwaway in one ep, and then two or three episodes later show some shadowy image of the IFO lurking in the background.

It's as if they're writing the story assuming it will be 50 episodes, rather than tightening up the story and getting it done in 24 eps.

I like the character, Ao's, story and arc so far, but I'm not sure if the series can wrap up all its dangling plot lines in a satisfying way in the next four episodes.

You find out about elena

It turns out that Elena read too many manga and imagined the whole thing about her being from another dimension. She's just a girl from the Caribbean area who hitched a ride with Eureka. All the crazy theories about her being Anemone's daughter, Eureka's daughter, a Secret etc etc... turn out to be falseThey certainly did a lot of foreshadowing with Elena and it all turns out to be a misunderstanding on her behalf.

I get a feeling those last 2 episodes are going to be BD only or something like that. I dont think they could make it into a good movie.

With three more eps left for this series, here's two impressions I've been left with so far (sorry for the extreme length):

1) As I mentioned a few posts up, they have some interesting plot lines and compelling characters. But for a 24-episode series, they sure seem to take their sweet-ass time developing the story and they seem to throw too many plot lines up in the air.

For awhile there, the series was Secret of the Week Battle.

Then we had the mystery in the Gen. Bleu basement.

Then we had the bit with Ao wanting to take sleeping pills and having those nightmares.

And then after Naru takes the Nirvash Mark II, she kinda takes a backseat for umpteen episodes.

Plot-lines came and went without resolution or mention.

If the series was the same length as the original E7, I wouldn't mind the numerous plot-lines. But with only 24 eps to tell a story, they really should have tightened up the story and dropped a few of the less important plot-lines. Maybe it would have allowed them to present a tighter, more connected narrative.

2) It seems like the series gives emphasis to the wrong plot-lines. For example, I really didn't care much about the whole Third Engine stuff. And all the recent flip-flopping with Ao, Maggie (sorta), Elena, and Team Harlequin didn't do all that much for me.

You know what I really would have liked more emphasis on?

Why the hell are the Scubs from the E7 world disappearing into Ao's current world?

What happened between Eureka's first appearance in Ao's world and the time she fell out of the sky, pregnant with Ao?

What happened to Eureka's baby girl?

Why did Renton build another Nirvash?

What's happening in the E7 world?

What's the deal/origin of this new IFO that Truth is piloting?

Please tell me other folks (including Gazelle's team) figured out who Elena really was. It's pretty pathetic that Maggie was able to figure out the mystery with relative ease.

Why's the original Nirvash in its Mark II form?

AND WHERE THE HELL IS RENTON IN ALL THIS?!

Of course, I reserve the right to change these opinions if these last few eps knock our socks off.

But I'm not certain that will happen now.

So, let me get this straight. . . .

They FINALLY show Renton (and what appears to be an evolved, white-and-green final form Nirvash)

. . . and we gotta wait until December ("late Autumn") to see the final two episodes?!! :angry:

What incompetent broadcasting idiot do I have to smack around for this dumb decision? Yeah, yeah, Olympics pre-empted them for a couple of weeks, but still. Really?! They can't just run with the show for two more weeks?

A few other comments:

Got a stupid grin from the Ao-Naru interactions. Just wish we'd gotten more of that stuff throughout the entire series.

We should have gotten more lines from Gramps throughout the series. Seriously under-utilized in this series.

More alliance switching :rolleyes: . Sorry, but rather than fleshing out the characters, these switches just feel like stupid plot-devices and overly-forced conflict.

So, what the hell happened in Renton's world? And if some massive disaster happened, how is he still alive?

And I just realized: could that have been Charles Beams' rifle Renton was packing? :blink:

So, let me get this straight. . . .

They FINALLY show Renton (and what appears to be an evolved, white-and-green final form Nirvash)

. . . and we gotta wait until December ("late Autumn") to see the final two episodes?!! :angry:

What incompetent broadcasting idiot do I have to smack around for this dumb decision? Yeah, yeah, Olympics pre-empted them for a couple of weeks, but still. Really?! They can't just run with the show for two more weeks?

A few other comments:

Got a stupid grin from the Ao-Naru interactions. Just wish we'd gotten more of that stuff throughout the entire series.

We should have gotten more lines from Gramps throughout the series. Seriously under-utilized in this series.

More alliance switching :rolleyes: . Sorry, but rather than fleshing out the characters, these switches just feel like stupid plot-devices and overly-forced conflict.

So, what the hell happened in Renton's world? And if some massive disaster happened, how is he still alive?

And I just realized: could that have been Charles Beams' rifle Renton was packing? :blink:

Seriously, the dimwit who came up with the idea to air the final two episodes in December just needs to turn in their badge and sit down somewhere in a dark corner. The ending to the latest episode was one big cocktease that I'm probably going to forget by December. :(

While I'm enjoying this series in general, it's coming up as some serious fail as a Eureka Seven follow up. Had it been a standalone story with the same/similar designs I think it would be fairing better. But this show is reaking of an all too obvious lack of original creater involvement.

Edited by Keith

While I'm enjoying this series in general, it's coming up as some serious fail as a Eureka Seven follow up. Had it been a standalone story with the same/similar designs I think it would be fairing better. But this show is reaking of an all too obvious lack of original creater involvement.

I agree with you. I hope they can use the extra time for the last couple of episodes to look back at what they've written and plug some of those enormous plot holes.

As I expected Naru made her return to Ao's side and Elena is back with Pied Piper. I swear that Eureka Seven AO has more people changing sides than all the Gundam stories combined. The difference is of course that in AO you change sides, come back and no one even gives you a slap on the wrist.

Edited by Marzan

I'm not sure if it's a lack of the original creators' involvement.

But as I hinted in that massive essay post above, the series lacks a lot of cohesion and flow when taken as a whole.

For a 24-episode series, there's just too many plots cooking on the proverbial stove.

By the time the original E7 was heading towards its final episodes, we had pretty much gotten answers to all the "big picture questions" presented throughout the series. With E7: AO, it's like we still have a ton of big picture questions left that need to be addressed.

I got a feeling that at least one of the remaining episodes will be almost entirely exposition/explanation. . . . which wouldn't necessarily be bad, if done correctly.

At least, Adult Swim started re-airing the original series again! :D Since I no longer have my old DVR hard drive, I get a chance to record some of those memorable episodes again.

Edited by Mog

does anyone care that Elena murdered someone and is completely crazy? no? ok then let's listen to her sing the cute ED theme

An excellent point that the other problems keep making me forget about. At this point, she should be locked up deeper than the archetype...which looks like something out of Votoms btw. As for the plot holes and lack of creatof involvement, I think the issues are one and the same.

-The bodily scub infestation/sickness makes little sense considering the original E7 world has far more scub, and no such issue. The sickness there was actually becoming psychjcally, not physically linked to the scub. And why does it help adults pilot?

-Naru's ears, nuff said.

-"All of the scub left," where the fûck are these Nirvash's coming from.

-Why are scub traveling back in time, and how, and wouldn't they give the past scub from space too much fufure knowledge?

-Oh the "SECRET'S" I don't even know where too begin with the huge infinite plot holes they create for the original, let alone this show.

-Truth....same as above.

-Why would trapper saturation hurt hybrids, when humans and corraliens are fine?

But at the end of the day, I just know the BF-deus-ex-G is gonna save the day. But I swear, if it turns out Gonzy was behind everything, I will forsake this show.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching episode 22, and seriously,I don't know why I keep letting myself get trolled by this series. The ear thing was just as hilarious and lackluster as advertised. The explanation about "Truth" makes absolute sense, and is so convenient that it's not even funny. At this point, I don't doubt that they'll wrap up all their mysterious in surprisingly lackluster ways. I just doubt things will satisfyingly tie in with the original.

So much wasted time and potential....can't wait to see the last two eps... ::sigh::

Edited by Keith