Eureka Seven

Remko

Episode 6 reaction: Definitely a good action episode.

Mecha action, death, and the intro of the potential main baddie.

Episode 7 reaction: What the hell just happened?! :blink: Definitely getting an "Acperience" feel from this ep (Look at an episode title list and synopsis for the original E7 series; you'll see what I mean.)

Will probably want to watch it again to see if there's anything I didn't catch the first time around.

Episode 6 reaction: Definitely a good action episode.

Mecha action, death, and the intro of the potential main baddie.

Episode 7 reaction: What the hell just happened?! :blink: Definitely getting an "Acperience" feel from this ep (Look at an episode title list and synopsis for the original E7 series; you'll see what I mean.)

Will probably want to watch it again to see if there's anything I didn't catch the first time around.

it reminded me of the Acperience episodes from E7 too. I think when this series is over I´m probably going to be rewatching it because I'm definitely missing out on a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I just rewatched the last episode and turns out that it was only the DVD/Blu-ray that the message was about.

We don't actually know what there wasn't an episode this past Thursday, it could be just something as simple as the network showing it having a special.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Episode 11.

:blink:

Yeah, my jaw's still on the floor.

Saw images of the original E7 world. . . . the whole Elena/Miller confusion and backstory. . . . her strange connection with Eureka.

Sh*t just got crazier.

Also, I think this is the first time in the whole E7:AO series that we've seen Eureka with her green forehead bead (once during Elena's flashback and once during Ao's hallucination)

Anyone know how many episodes this series is supposed to run?

It seems like we're getting more background origins on the non-main characters than we ever did in the original E7.

Also so far, I'm finding Gazelle to be the most intriguing character. Despite acting like the stereotypical hot-head teenager, he's been deceptively perceptive about a lot of people and their motives.

Yeah this ep was a lot better than some of the previous ones. We're finally getting closer to the mystery of AO's world.

Everywhere I've checked it says that its going to run for 24 episodes. So we're nearly halfway.

Those final 5 to 10 minutes of Episode 12. . . . . :ohmy:. . . . . :blink:

Holy crap, the GEKKO-GO?!!!!!

And the Nirvash, Mark II?!!

But why does the Gekko have the hole, but the Nirvash still looks like its old self (prior to the green-white chest-blaster version from the final episode)?

Hopefully, we get a few answers now.

Thanks for the info. Marzan. Definitely feels like we've reached a significant point in the story now.

Those final 5 to 10 minutes of Episode 12. . . . . :ohmy:. . . . . :blink:

Holy crap, the GEKKO-GO?!!!!!

And the Nirvash, Mark II?!!

But why does the Gekko have the hole, but the Nirvash still looks like its old self (prior to the green-white chest-blaster version from the final episode)?

Hopefully, we get a few answers now.

Got goosebumps when I saw the Gekko! Get the feeling that Eureka is going to have a crazy story to tell

Got goosebumps when I saw the Gekko! Get the feeling that Eureka is going to have a crazy story to tell

With this alternate universe jumping that they seem to be incorporating, I can't help but wonder if Elena is

some universes version of Anemone.

Edited by Keith

Yeah, I was wondering whether Elena was:

one of the replacement Anemones from Warsaw.

Or the little girl that awakens from the desperation disease at the beginning of Episode 49 and talks to her parents.

But none of them look anything like Elena.

If anything, those two look more like Eureka than anything else.

With this alternate universe jumping that they seem to be incorporating, I can't help but wonder if Elena is

some universes version of Anemone.

Yeah, was thinking something along those lines too.

And what spoilers do you want, Keith?

All of them!!

Such as

I'm guessing that the Eureka that Ao just met isn't the same one that's his mother, since the one we see has the forehead jewel & wings like the Eureka at the end of the first series.

I'm also curious

as to just who is helming the Gekko State we saw in ep 12, since it was clearly guided down by someone

Things of that nature.

Just finished watching Episode 13.

HOLY SH#T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn that was an awesome episode!

Get ready for some crazy-ass flashbacks and some key exposition in this episode.

Can't wait for the throw-down coming next episode.

To answer your questions Keith:

The Eureka that Ao just met is very likely his mom. And Renton is definitely the father.

Although it hasn't been explicitly confirmed, it's very likely that this Eureka is the one we watched in the original E7 series.

Here's where sh*t gets crazy: Eureka's appearance in Episode 12 is the FIRST time she visited Ao's current world.

Also, no one else was apparently on the Gekko during it's appearance in the space Scub and its descent to this Earth.

Potential, but unconfirmed theories:

1. Truth is or somehow linked to the Secret that Eureka battled 10 years ago in Okinawa.

2. Somehow Naru and the Okinawa Secret/Truth from 10 years ago became linked.

3. The Nirvash that Ao currently pilots was designed and most likely built by Renton.

Edited by Mog

Interesting,

This Eureka couldn't be Ao's mother then, unless the other Eureka abdjctex him, since we know that the othed Eureka spent some time in Okinowa before disappdaring. It's also reasonable to speculafe that there is morethan one Renton.

Just watch the ep.; it'll clear things up.

Especially, the "flashbacks."

Of course, I have no idea why the Nirvash Mark II is present and not the big green chest cannon version.

And I have no idea why Eureka had no head bead in all those earlier images we saw in this series but now seems to be retconned to have it (Maybe her hair was covering it up? :unsure: ). Gonna have to rewatch the earlier AO episodes one of these days to confirm that.

Edited by Mog

Just watch the ep.; it'll clear things up.

Especially, the flashbacks.

I'm waiting on the Funi stream, so I'll see it Thursday. Any chance that they've explained why there's a

time dialation between this world & the world of the original series? Though come to think of it, the world that the movie took place in had a similar time dialation in it In fact, keep in mind that Ao may be the child of the movie's Eureka & Renton..

I haven't watched the movie, but there's definitely clues in this episode that

it's the TV series Eureka and Renton.

The big ass hole in the Gekko, an outfit Ao sports this episode, comments Eureka makes reflecting on her relationship with Renton and the Gekkostate, and a comment she makes about the Scub Coral covering almost the entire planet in her world.

I got the impression that some time has passed in Eureka's world since the events of the TV series.

Damned it! I'm of on holiday and the place I'm at has a prehistoric internet connection so I can't catch E7 AO till tuesday...I'm so tempted to click on those spoilers tags after last weeks episode.

Wow! That was one eyeopening episode. I'm glad I didn't read the spoilers. The payoff was worth it as you said Mog.

So a younger Eureka visits this Earth for the first time, whilst the Eureka who has already given birth to Ao arrived 13 years ago? And Eureka is not from an alternate Earth but from the future (year 12000 give or take) and was sent back while her and Renton were experimenting with the Scub Coral? And a lot of actors who were present in Okinawa when the burst happened are back again.

Wow! That's a lot of revelations.

I'm gonna re-watch E7 the movie and the last couple of episodes from the TV series to see if maybe I can get a better feel for what's happening. In any case, E7 Ao has turned out to be pretty good.

Wow! That was one eyeopening episode. I'm glad I didn't read the spoilers. The payoff was worth it as you said Mog.

So a younger Eureka visits this Earth for the first time, whilst the Eureka who has already given birth to Ao arrived 13 years ago? And Eureka is not from an alternate Earth but from the future (year 12000 give or take) and was sent back while her and Renton were experimenting with the Scub Coral? And a lot of actors who were present in Okinawa when the burst happened are back again.

Wow! That's a lot of revelations.

I'm gonna re-watch E7 the movie and the last couple of episodes from the TV series to see if maybe I can get a better feel for what's happening. In any case, E7 Ao has turned out to be pretty good.

Now those are some great spoilers, and exactly what I was looking for to tide me over, thanks. I can't wait to see where they're going with this, hopefully nowhere that will

change the events of the original series

. Though that still doesn't quite explain how

the moon 12,000 years before show'd Renton's message to Eureka, but perhaps the Nirvash blasted a whole through space time while writing it

Interesting.

Like you I really do hope that they

don't mess with the storyline of the original series. That is though unfortunately one of the consequences of using 'time travel' in a narrative. The more it's used, the more you end up with paradoxes that can change things around. So far no damage done. The changes to the future are 'post-E7 series' when Renton and Eureka are an established couple and live together.

The moon thing I have no idea about. Let see what they come up with.

I watched episode 14 last night. Along with a new opening and closing, the episode adds even more interesting questions.

Apparently this Eureka may not be Ao's mother. Eureka tells Ao that her doctor says that her baby will be a girl.

There are a couple things that hint that this Eureka may be Elena's mother

Naru is becoming more connected to the scub coral now that she has some growing inside her in an apparent symbiotic relationship with her. Through the scub coral, her health actually seems to be improving.

I can't wait to see what happens next week!

Gotta admit, I was stunned when the mid-episode break popped up. Lotta stuff was crammed into that first half.

Regarding the plot developments: Yeah, I don't know what to think anymore.

That last line from Eureka definitely threw me for a loop.

But if that's not Ao's Eureka, then how did she know Invica and that Japanese soldier in the past?

Similar to the original series, it looks like Ao may be searching for an older sister and his dad now.

Also, the group singing the new OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em-wC6Fzb-Y

. . . .sounds very familiar :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I00mwLcwxOE