1/48 VF-1J Fastpacks out already?

Escaflown4

Close up showing arms and arm micro missle differences.

Last pic for now before I get banned for lagging all the modem guys. :D Enjoy

1S: Those are big hands you got there...

1J: Well, you know what they say about guys with big hands! :D

1S: They were talking about FEET! BIG FEET! Not hands!

1J: You're just jealous

1S: I still have the bigger cannon... B))

1J: :(:unsure::blink::(

post-4-1069924243_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neova

waww your photos are great :)

what do you think about the neck ? on your pict it looks a little big, maybe I'm wrong because I m used with the little head of my vf1a :p but it's strange

did you see some upgrade, new little features between the vf1s and the vf1j ? :)

Hubert,

The neck is kinda sticking out there on the 1J and not as integrated as the 1S, due to the longer face of the 1S. If you scroll back up and look at the side shot of 1J's head, you can see the neck is not bad. But overall, I didn't have problems with the neck. The one part I was worried about was the black neck base piece which flips and rotates. It's not flimsy per say but I would have liked it if it was thicker. During transformation, I was careful from Fighter to Gerwalk to Battroid but on the way back to Fighter from Battroid, I just transformed both like an 8 year would and didn't have problems. (Hint: Take the FPs off first and put them back on once your done).

It was good to read about how you had to apply force to certains parts to snap them back into place which applies to both.

As for fixes, the plane itself appears identicle to the 1S in terms of parts and quality. You can see the front shins on the two Battroids and how the imperfections are relatively the same. Graham listed in detail of the differences and most are cosmetic. There are some minor quibbles such as both air brake covers can loosen a tad and the two plastic hinges that supports the rear and front sections in Battroid snap off easy but don't break. With the FPs, you do need the extra support tab to keep the back up upright. I did not test the landing gears on either. There are no discernable quality differences AFAIK.

Wasabi,

I HIGHLY recommend the FP combo. You can always take them off if you don't like them and sell them to the hungry Low-Viz owners out there. :D I'm very happy with mine and did not regret spending extra for it.

Edited by Neova

thank you Neova for this information :lol:

it's cool that the un spacy are already on the legs B))

with the soc getter g coming, the optimus prime ... maybe this vf1j, i will get so poor at the end of year :ph34r:

I know the Fp between the DYRL and the TV version are different but does the 1j FP still has the micro missles features when you take off the cover?

Yes it does and the box came with a whole sheet of the micro-missles still on the tree. You'll have to cut them out yourself like any other model kit.

First time poster, long time lurker. Happy belated Thanksgiving to the coolest site on the net.

Gorgeous shots Neova - I like the pose the 1J is in - I'll probably assume a pose something along those lines when MY beauty arrives . . . :D

I suppose the long neck is to help accomodate that tucked chin pose we are all so familiar with when it comes to the 1J - Hikaru's head is stretching to the camera like a flower to the sun . . . thatsalotta ego there.

Out of curiousity, in another thread it shows the 1J with a large black circle in the middle of its visor (people are already calling it cyclops) - I can't tell whether yours is just hidden because of the deep shadows of the pic or if your version is actually free of that little nitpicky flaw.

It also makes it look like the grey on the thrusters and intakes is actually a light silver - I'm hoping that's due to the bright flash, because on yours it appears only a little lighter than on the 1S.

Can the closed TV-style fists actually tuck into the forearms for transformation, or do they have to be removed?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been waiting for my preorder for almost a month and I'm starting to get nervous/excited. Congratulations on the arrival of your baby. ;)

The cyclops look is actually there but all my shots were taken with sunlight and no flash so you would not notice it much.

The thruster themselves actually look silverish gold when you see them in your hands and may be a tad lighter than the DYRL packs because of the booster colors itself. It tends to give the unit a greyer tone.

The TV hands cannot be folded back into the arms so you would either remove them or swap the DYRL hands back in. I'm still debating about these hands. They look great for poses but I love the DYRL hand articulation.

If you have more questions just ask.

Thanks neova!

The more I look at the 1-J, the more I like. It's funny how much of a shock little subtle changes like intake colors can be once you're accustomed to the black on most of the previous valks. My first impression was that the silver looked a little gaudy . . . but now it strikes me as a tad more military than the other schemes. Of course I've wanted a Hikaru 1-J of this quality for almost two decades, so I might just be nixing the nitpicking because I don't want it to ruin my fun. :D

As far as the cyclops eye goes . . . woohoo 1-J is possessed by the spirit of shockwave! Purple redeco anyone? Well, purple photoshopping maybe, I'd hate for anyone to have to strip the paint off this baby.

I just picture it shining a little red targetting dot on Rick Hunter's crotch . . . "Yamato superior, MPC inferior".

I know what you mean about the hands - it's cool to have posable fingers and a hand unit that is actually integrated into the valkyrie . . . but at the same time the T.V. hands look soooo good. Decisions decisions. Heh, if only all decisions in life involved those kinds of choices.

Honestly. As much as I love the VF-1J does it seem like the hands are a BIT too big?

Just as the DYRL type hands are a BIT too small. :ph34r:

EDIT: Sorry to sound like a disgruntled Macross fan. :p

Edited by UN Spacy