Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Meh, I'm sure the success of iron man 2 will mean comic book adaptations will still be coming fast and heavy.

Big budget ones sure, especially since Marvel is now making the movies itself, but smaller projects similar to Scott Pilgrim and Kick-Ass might find it to be more difficult to get decent funding. I should have explained what I meant.

I still think that the comic-book adaptation bubble is going to burst soon enough. There have been a few failures over the last few years, but generally they have been outweighed by the successes. That could change if a really expensive one tanks. (I'm looking at you....THOR!!)

Too bad about the poor box office for this film. I'm sure that it will make back the production costs in time, but it does not bode well for other Comic adaptations....

I think its more of a statement that the nerd-hard-core type scripts don't have a large enough audience.

I'd blame marketing---if you hadn't seen an extended trailer, you'd probably have no clue what it's about. If they just had an ad that said "the best videogame movie ever" they'd have a bigger audience. I see it first and foremost as a videogame movie--just better than all the others because it's not based on any one in particular.

Well both of Wright's previous films never did that well in the American market but did great in the world market, which I think this well too. Or it will just explode on DVD but yes it's sad that it isn't doing well yet everytime i have been they theater has always had a good sized crowd.

I'm gonna agree with David on this one, the trailer that was shown on TV was really bad, and conveyed almost no sense of the action and comedy that was in the movie. I personally happened installing some Dyson Airblade hand dryers in our movie theater when I decided to duck into the show for a few min. After the first 20 min, I was hooked. Came back that night to watch the entire film with a friend. Came back two night later with a crowd of friends to see it again.

Airblades are awesome in concept, but the opening is just too small in my experience--combined with the force of the air, it's almost impossible to insert or remove your hands without contacting the edges. It's a lot like playing "Operation" trying to just go straight in and out. Thus, while there's no dirty button or knob to press, you still have the effect of "you're touching where everyone else has touched". (and I do not have giant hands or anything)

It is sad to see the film failing at the box office, but it's not surprising. Given how many great movies with tough pitches have actually fulfilled my hopes and made money in these past few years (District 9, Zombieland, Inception), I suppose it was inevitable one or two wouldn't make it along the way. The Pilgrim movie is a niche appeal kind of film, but it does have far more potential than what it's getting. I know me and my friends love it, but outside of my social circles and age group, I suppose I can understand the lack of appeal. I can't even see my sibling enjoying this film and I'm only a few years younger. The film can be a little specific I guess. Fight Club did poorly domestically too, which I would consider a niche film with a particular pop culture zeitgeist similar to SPVTW, but that film managed to find success and an audience afterward. So there may be hope for Pilgrim.

Plus there's the fact that a lot of people are soured by Cera :)

Airblades are awesome in concept, but the opening is just too small in my experience--combined with the force of the air, it's almost impossible to insert or remove your hands without contacting the edges. It's a lot like playing "Operation" trying to just go straight in and out. Thus, while there's no dirty button or knob to press, you still have the effect of "you're touching where everyone else has touched". (and I do not have giant hands or anything)

:lol: That was exactly the first thought that came to my mind the first time I used one of these a couple of years ago. I was kind of hoping it would make a loud and unpleasant buzzing sound if I touched the edges.

:lol: That was exactly the first thought that came to my mind the first time I used one of these a couple of years ago. I was kind of hoping it would make a loud and unpleasant buzzing sound if I touched the edges.

My only issue is that the water from your hands just goes right on to the floor, instead of evaporating like a traditional hand dryer.

I predict that DVD sales will explode for Scott Pilgrim. The mass market is almost wholly unaware of the movie.

I must repost someone else's post:

"It would have been cool if the movie advertising was a fake movie trailer of a Lucas Lee film and at the end of the trailer Lucas Lee comes out of his movie character looks at the screen and says "I'm coming for you Scott Pilgrim" and the ad ends with the Scott Pilgrim vs. the world logo."

Following up on that thought---you know how a lot of movies now have multiple posters to display side-by-side for multi-screen showings? Well, they should have had theaters put up a Lucas Lee movie poster next to Scott Pilgrim. Nigh-viral marketing.

The game is a absolute blast, even more so the more people you have playing.

For every extra person playing, it adds more enemies, but the difficulty goes down because other players can resuscitate you if you are KO'd, saving you from spending a hard to come by extra life.

The characters themselves level up, learning new fighting moves as the level.