Live Action Gaiking Movie

Scroll Down about 1/2 way down the page for the Teaser Trailer for an upcoming Live Action Gaiking movie

According to the article, they are going to build a 1:1 scale Practical Model.

Life Sized Giant Space Tapeworm FTW!!! :lol:

LAM or CG movie/series?

Edit: CG ala Avatar's style---> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-...n-gaiking-pilot

Edited by Lobizon

is this official? I got reports that this was a fan-made trailer.

AICN is reporting that this is the real deal, but that this trailer is a "proof of concept" (like the TR2N trailer was) rather than a teaser for the actual movie.

It's great that Transformers is paving the way for giant mech movies. Can't future movies be original though? What's with all the clunky, clicky gear transformers sounds at the end of trailer and the disappearring transforming helmet that vanishes? I'm not hoping for much... I'd like it to be awesome, but setting expectaton levels to disappoint. Best I'll hope for is a flashier Robot Jox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Reviving 'cuz,apparently, there's movement.

Here's the press release

VALHALLA ENTERTAINMENT SET TO PRODUCE “GAIKING” FOR ANEW AND TOEI ANIMATION

LOS ANGELES – December 18, 2012 – Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment (“The Walking Dead”) and Toei Animation have teamed with All Nippon Entertainment Works (ANEW) to develop Toei’s iconic anime property GAIKING. This marks a new push for Toei into the U.S. marketplace and the first development deal for ANEW.

Maybe the buzz around Pacific Rim is spreading.