Yamato 1/60 VF-1 V2 - buyer's minefield?

Redboost

I've just recently decided to upgrade all my 1/60 VF-1s version 1s to V2s but have been reading about various updates on different variants. Like how some have the knurled pins issue corrected and others have a new crotch connecting system. I was just wondering before I go pissing my money away, what version of what should I be buying? I've only thus far bought the Plus versions of Focker and Hikaru's Strike valks (the ones which have the knurling pin issue fixed) but beyond that, its supposedly a minefield to know what one is going to get in terms of QC. I intend to get 1 of every variant (so yes, that means getting a VF-1A Hikaru as well). So, anyone able to help me?

this is getting old realll quick. Yamato have themselves to blame, G-Man saved them with a thread earlier posted.

I think pretty much you can't be sure with any cept for the newer reeases of the Roy and Hikaru 1S with the special UN-Spacy light.

apparently the VT-1 was the first to be included with the so called "safe" pins, but then Yamato themselves said they weren't aware of the problem in the first place.

So yes it is a gamble with any release cept that i noted (flashlight releases??)

fn too may of these threads, f'n hell yamato

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

we should just have a pinned thread with every yamato toy produced with their known issues

All yamato's will fall apart within a month of taking it out of the box, no exceptions. Anyone who says different is lying.

There, I've just save everyone a whole mess of time and discussion. You can all thank me later. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

All yamato's will fall apart within a month of taking it out of the box, no exceptions. Anyone who says different is lying.

Got plenty of Yamatos that show no signs of falling apart and have been out of the box since ...well let's see...my YF-19 1/60 has been out of the box for a good...dag...what is it....4 years now? When was that bird released? 2007? 2006? No problems. Still transforms and plays great.

My SV-51s are doing fine living out of their boxes.

YF-21 is solid as a rock.

My VF-22S had tightness issues (too tight in some places)....

All my version 2.0 VF-1s are just fine and dandy out of their boxes...

But yeah...I think the YF-19 is the oldest Yammie I have.

It's fine.

Crooked gunpod and all :lol:

Pete

Got plenty of Yamatos that show no signs of falling apart and have been out of the box since ...well let's see...my YF-19 1/60 has been out of the box for a good...dag...what is it....4 years now? When was that bird released? 2007? 2006? No problems. Still transforms and plays great.

My SV-51s are doing fine living out of their boxes.

YF-21 is solid as a rock.

My VF-22S had tightness issues (too tight in some places)....

All my version 2.0 VF-1s are just fine and dandy out of their boxes...

But yeah...I think the YF-19 is the oldest Yammie I have.

It's fine.

Crooked gunpod and all :lol:

Pete

YOU LIE! Obviously you're a yamato shill! ;)

Edited by eugimon

Not true - I am Yamato's most vocal critic on these boards. Not a thread goes by where I don't chastise them for not giving us a 1:1 scale Minmey sex doll with motorized mouth vibrator.

Although...given their QC record, I can just hear the complaints about the morotirzed mouth vibrator malfunctioning :lol:

See - there - I did it again.

Damn you Yamato! Get off your lazy asses and make something worthwhile :)

Pete

Redboost must be regretting having asked the question...

Yes, yes I am.... :p I am fully aware of Yamato's poor QC, my VF-0A has a busted shoulder, and a friend's VF-1A has a broken shoulder after only 1 transformation. However, with the release of the Plus Strikes, obviously there are versions which are better than others with issues being corrected. A sticky thread would be ideal. I'm beginning to think sticking with my V1s is not such a bad idea - maybe just buy the V2s not released in the V1 range.

Wait - I was meaning to ask this....

What "Plus strikes" ?

There were no VF-1 valkyrie with strike parts in Macross Plus??

Did you mean DYRL Roy and Hikaru VF-1S with super and strike parts?

Pete

I mean the recent releases of Hikaru and Focker's VF-1S Strike/Super packs with the flashlight. They're marked as Plus (+) on the box.

I think the reason that this is getting old fast is that for Noobs like me (who don't have the easiest time justifying the price tag) WANT the roy 1s and the hikaru 1j to be THE centerpiece to their collections. I was so excited getting a roy 1s. But after about $145 total, I can't transform it because the arms are hanging on by a thread.

Honestly? As beautiful as the V2 is, I'm thinking of 1/48's. Other than the lack of tampo, my huge vf-1a CF never let me down.

Yamato Valkyrie were never discounted or put on sale due to "broken shoulder syndrome" - at least not to my knowledge. Yamato were discounted and put on sale for the same reason that EVERYTHING was discounted and put on sale last year: the bad economy. Most production runs are planned well in advance of the year that the goods hit the market. Given that planning for 2008/2009 probably took place at latest in 2007, and 2007 still had the economy humming along just dandy, I'm guessing lots of companies produced more than the market ended up being able to bear - and thus oversupply combined with falling effective demand due to less jobs/money led to the discounts.

If stores were discounting Yamato Macross goods due to faulty shoulders etc then they would have marked the merchandise as faulty - that's never been done to my knowledge, and Yamato has never actually recalled any of their products.

I dunno. I take it in stride. They are trying to fill the demand for anime accurate perfect transformation valkyries that are also in scale with everything else - it's a tough challenge to meet. For the most part - they do great.

What sucks is for people who think 150 or 200 bucks is a huge amount of money - and they go and buy ONE Yammie and it breaks.

But if you buy 10 or 20 or 50 Yammies and only one or two out of that number end up being duds - it's kind of better.

Lesson: don't buy just one. Go ahead and buy 10 right off the bat - get a collection going - and just expect a dud here or there :)

Pete

Since most of the replies here are quite above pure GARBAGE in quality, humour and context, just check some of the replies in this thread instead.

I'm sure he noticed that thread and the other thread about it, and the poll about it and that one big pinned thread about it... so it's obvious to everyone else that what he really wanted was some levity.

There's certainly a lot of Yamato issues thread lately, and that also includes GRaham's meeting with Yamato thread. So I'm gonna lock everything that's VF-1 1/60 related unless they're already in the second page.