The Eighth Season of 24.

UN Spacy

<Raises hand>

Because there is something therapeutic about watching Jack kick ass; interrogate; torture; tell Chloe "THERE'S NO TIME!!!!"; and/or scream, "DAMMIT!!"

So, who do you think bites the dust this season?

My guess is Chloe or her husband.

Hmmmmmm. Last season we lost Bill Buchanon so we're running low on recurring characters.

I bet you Kim or Terry Bauer end up getting kidnapped. :( OMG. I didn't know Starbuck joined the cast.

I liked the G8 they had in the beginning.

I also like how Jack gets dragged into a hopeless situation, of which he has no choice but to see it through.

Wow. I didn't see that one coming...

Edited by myk

Freckles (Renee Waker) was my favorite addition to the cast.

It'll be nice to see what happened to her after she went all Bauer during last season's finale.

Anyways....hours three and four are about to start.

Freckles (Renee Waker) was my favorite addition to the cast.

It'll be nice to see what happened to her after she went all Bauer during last season's finale.

Anyways....hours three and four are about to start.

Whoa, freckles didn't just fall off the wagon, she kinda fell completely off the road the wagon was on....

kinda like Jack in ep 1, season 2... I like it.

Whoa, freckles didn't just fall off the wagon, she kinda fell completely off the road the wagon was on....

kinda like Jack in ep 1, season 2... I like it.

I was also surprised how dark the Rennee Walker became.

A far cry from the clean-cut, by-the-book agent in the last season.

Haven't watched Hours 3 and 4 yet (a little thing called "the birth of my daughter" ;) ).

But seeing bad-ass, muthafrakker Starbuck turned into this season's "CTU agent with an ugly secret from his/her past that will ultimately cause some mayhem at the most inappropriate of times" was a real downer. Doesn't help that her character has googly eyes for Freddie Prinz, Jr. <_<

Also, glad to see that Chloe's social skills haven't improved one damn bit after all these years! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

How about that CTU analyst checking out Chloe's arse? Or Von Bauer demonstrating his mastery of the German language?

Anyways. Todays episode was rather ho-hum. I can already tell that Starbuck's storyline will be my least favorite of the season. Poor doctor. Poor Russian brothers.

I couldn't care less if Starbuck dies right now. The subplots are kind of boring, why are we still even looking at President Taylor? It's like just filler space... and the Iranian president's bro has disappeared.

So far, this season has been quite tame in terms of # of deaths. I did like the really dark turn that Freckles is taking. I am not sure how much this battered agent thing will go though. I thought Jack as a German was hilarious, although his change in accent was just a bit too abrupt at the end.

I'd say there is even odds that Freckles gets a silent clock before day's end.

You know, I wouldn't mind if Starbuck died somehow....

Dana whatshername bring shame to the name Starbuck

As for Freckles, I stand by my earlier statement, she completely fell off the road. How many times did she stab #2? I don't even think the resurrection ship can help him. But that aside, Freckles may be on the way to redeeming herself. I can see agent cover my ass trying to put a leash on her, and she going rogue with potato face helping.

And poor Jack is about to get what he is been delivering....

Just when you think you've seen everything from Jack, he pulls the proverbial knife out of his gut and shows you just how hardcore is! :lol:

If I was Leoben, I would stay away from kitchen knives, nearby airlocks, and obsessions with women who show no interest whatsoever in you.

And after seeing the preview for next week's episode, why do I have the feeling Jack's gonna do a re-enactment of Lethal Weapon 1? That Russian goomba is so dead.

I did like the really dark turn that Freckles is taking. I am not sure how much this battered agent thing will go though.

Yeah, I bet she even got a tattoo on her lower back to match the new outlook on life.

Just like everyone else here feels, this season is lackluster at best with totally uninteresting sub plots. The scumbag boyfriend manipulating a federal employee has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever seen. All we need now is for Jack to have a baby with someone and then this show will have officially jumped the shark...

I hope this is not Jack's final mission and the final season of 24.I too almost gave up on 24 during season 3 but Season 4 more than made up for it.

Anyone play 24 the game? It was a nice PS2 game for back in the day.

I wonder what will happen tomorro on 24.It does look like season 2 again from the scene I saw.

I hope this is not Jack's final mission and the final season of 24.I too almost gave up on 24 during season 3 but Season 4 more than made up for it.

Anyone play 24 the game? It was a nice PS2 game for back in the day.

I wonder what will happen tomorro on 24.It does look like season 2 again from the scene I saw.

Kiefer said he would love to do a season 9. So no, it's no the end yet.

And welcome to Macross World. B))

I watched it last night

*Spoilers* unless you already watched it ****

I kind of knew it was going to turn out something like Season 2 and 4 and I knew that the other son was going to betray the russian father but I kind of assumed he would use the nukes himself not continue with the sale.

Jack finally escaped a torture seen faster than other episodes.

Good to know 24 is going to Season 9. Maybe a good idea would be to commend Jack and keep him as a support agent as a "cameo" because he seemed to outlive the action part.Unless he stays healthy.

As for Freckles, I stand by my earlier statement, she completely fell off the road. How many times did she stab #2? I don't even think the resurrection ship can help him. But that aside, Freckles may be on the way to redeeming herself. I can see agent cover my ass trying to put a leash on her, and she going rogue with potato face helping.

Best post of the whole thread ↑ :lol:

I can just picture this on 24 IMDB page character list...

___________ ... Freckles

___________ ... Agent Cover My Ass

___________ ... Potato Face

Seriously though, 24 is way past it's prime.

Uh oh, now Freckles has gone from falling off the road to becoming totally useless. "Help me" "Save me"

I see Freckles is becoming the 24 version of Ranka... gaaaahhhh... If that's the case, it would've been better if she went out guns blazing.

Bauer is also losing it.. after the nice: "son, put that away or you're gonna get hurt" he gets tasered, come on, that's pathetic.

On the plus side, the Starbuck storyline might be coming to an end, Thank God, that couldn't happen fast enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Starbuck needs to die.

CTU is coming under attack.... what a way to bring Freckles back into the game. I'd hate to think that she's just sitting around waiting in an apartment for Bauer.

Agent Cover My Ass suddenly became Agent I Found A Pair... anyone want to bet he changes back to Cover My Ass before the season ends or he dies?

I really hope we don't get another "CTU HQ comes under attack." Day 5 was probably the last time that particular ploy had any sort of dramatic impact.

Also, I know they're not the same actress. But is it just me, or does President Hassan's wife look eerily like Counselor Troi from Star Trek TNG (circa Season 1 or 2)? :huh:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed she was a Troi look a like.

I still have to catch up and see the two episodes before yesterdays.

It looks like the body count piled up while I was gone.

Hmmm, yep, CTU attacked... Check

Next week: Jack takes on suicide mission: check Hello Jack, did we forget about our promise to Freckles...

Speaking of whom, are we getting Freckles back? She's the most interesting character of all.

EMP device eh? Well, it just goes to show you that in 24verse, all terrorists are frigging idiots. Hello, EMP device, go hit Wall Street during a trading day, would do far more damage than some piece of crap dirty bomb in Manhattan that probably don't even do much.