v1..dyrl..v2??? what is the difference?

soundbear

Hello all,

So, I know that the V1 Valkyries need the legs popped off for transformation and that the V2 Valkyries do not and have window tinting....are there any more differences? What about the do you remember love black boxed 1/60 Valkyries? Are the dyrl valks V1, V2, or somewhere in between? Thanks for looking!

Hello all,

So, I know that the V1 Valkyries need the legs popped off for transformation and that the V2 Valkyries do not and have window tinting....are there any more differences? What about the do you remember love black boxed 1/60 Valkyries? Are the dyrl valks V1, V2, or somewhere in between? Thanks for looking!

eh?

I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about but I'll try to be of some help.

The version 1 and version 2 1/60 VF-1's are completely different in every way imaginable. As you mentioned the most obvious difference is that the V1 required it's legs to be removed which the v.2 doesn't. The v.2 also contains less Diecast, which is actually beneficial since it doesn't suffer from paint chipping and it's easier on the joints. The v.2 also has much better articulation in every mode, is more detailed, more accurate, has better parts fit and frankly looks overall better thanks to being designed entirely with CAD software.

The V.1 and V.2 1/60's are the top two on the right:

Battroid%20Comparison.jpg

From another member's comparison of all the major VF-1 releases: http://anymoon.com/blog/2008/09/22/vf-1-to...omparison-post/

As for the DRYL? black boxed ones; I think you're refering to this:

max-box-1.jpg

If the box looks like this, it's not a 1/60, it's a 1/48.

The 1/48 VF-1's where released by Yamato after the version 1 1/60's. the 1/48's are also completely different from the v.1 1/60's. The 1/48 is perfect transformation (no swapping or removing of parts required) and has minimal diecast as well. the 1/48 and 1/60 v.2 are actually much more closely related than the 1/60 v.2 is to the 1/60 v.1. The 1/60 v.2 and the 1/48 have almost the same transformation; the v.2 has better articulation, but the 1/48 is larger and has some extra gimmicks (movable flaps, air break and removable nose cone with radar). The v.2 has an arguably better design although that's more a matter of taste.

I have improved on that above picture for the sake of accuracy:

2ivgns2.jpg

I mean...right?

On a serious note those- those pictures don't do justice. I once did a close up comparisson of a Yamato 1/48 with a "MP" Toynami - and the lack of details on the toynami (aside from the retarded mould) is terrible. Too much to go into... one needs to keep in mind that the chunky Bandai was designed almost thirty years ago. Meanwhile, the "MP" from Toynami was designed something like 5 years ago - and yet it really in no way shape or form is in any way better than the original chunky bandai one. To even put it up there as a comparisson to the other ones is a crime against nature :)

The details can't be seen on pictures like this but seriously - they are night and day. And of course we need to also mention one other thing if we're comparing the v.1 from yamato to the v.2 - namely the v.1 does not have a transformable heatshield. instead, they use removable cockpits which anime-magic like - get replaced by removable heatshields.

Now - again - this isn't a particular yamato fault since the v.1 is...what?...10 years old now?.... but certainly the 1/48 and then v.2 1/60 are improvements by leaps and bounds over the v.1...

The v.1 was, on the other hand, Yamato's serious attempt -and probably the first truly serious attempt - at anime accuracy in a VF-1. Even if you compare the VF-1 v.1 from Yamato to Bandai's earlier efforts, let alone the MP line from Toynami - they are still more detailed and more anime accurate.

It's just that the v.2 is so much the better.

Pete