NARUTO anime series

rnurmin

I just finish watching a Japanese Animation called "NARUTO."

It was currently aired in Japan right now. So far I have watched until episode 57

Just a quick summary about the series: It talks about a young kid who is learning to become a Ninja and trying to achieve the highest Ninja Rank. The young kid also happens to be the reincarnate of the Nine-Tails Fox Demon.

The series have a mix blend of comedies and actions, and etc. I want to give out more details, but I ddon't want to spoil the story <_<

Want to see if anyone has watched this? :)

If there is an existing thread already, please let me know.

:p

So far.... this is one great anime! I encourage everyone to watch it.

Only thing that sucks is..... there is a looooooong way to go as far as tv episodes go in catching up with the manga book.

They only release one episode a week, and at that rate, we'll be waiting for and watching Naruto episodes for the next 3+ years.

:unsure:

• 3 years later...

I don't know how many of you watch Naruto, but the anime is back on track with the manga. The first (two?) Shippūden episode(s) came out on the 15th of this month. After watching the episode(s) I can already tell I'm hooked. I stopped watching Naruto after episode 135...so I dunno how bad the filler is/was...but this new episode makes Shippūden look promising (I haven't read the manga).

I do have a question though.... As I was doing a search for the new episode I came across two fansubbers: Dattebayo and SD Project. Regarding fansubbing in general: who's subs are generally seen as more accurate...Dattebayo's or SD Project's?

Edited by Oihan

I watched a couple episodes of Naruto, it was a two-parter about an hour long written test the main characters had to take.

Yeah, that's right. 60 minutes of TV show about a 60 minute written test. F*cking ridiculous.

The absolute dumbest thing I'd ever seen.

well, those episodes did spend sometime giving insight into the various abilities and temperaments of the characters... which is nice, since naruto is a character driven show and all.

I'm liking the the new naruto series as well, I can't wait till the naruto and sasuke rematch.

I guess no one here is familiar with SD Project or Dattebayo then?

Supposedly "Shippuuden" means 'hurricane.' Dunno if that's correct or not...anyway. As others have mentioned, it's just a 3 yr time jump with the anime being back on track with the manga. (Fillers - the worst idea/invention ever.) ...Episode three is out.

Supposedly "Shippuuden" means 'hurricane.' Dunno if that's correct or not...anyway. As others have mentioned, it's just a 3 yr time jump with the anime being back on track with the manga. (Fillers - the worst idea/invention ever.) ...Episode three is out.

dattebayo are funsubbers right? and then SD is kinda new to naruto subbing? i dont know what shipuuden means in english but i do know that hurricane means oarashi in japanese.

I would go with Dattebayo, they release their fansubs fast and with a good quality, I dl their Bleach subs weekly so no worries.

OT, I´ve never picked up naruto before mainly because of all the DragonBall-ish kinda plot and the HUGE filler arc that makes up for most of the anime, but I´m willing to check on the new series, it´s not like I´ve missed anything by not watching the fillers.

I would go with Dattebayo, they release their fansubs fast and with a good quality, I dl their Bleach subs weekly so no worries.

OT, I´ve never picked up naruto before mainly because of all the DragonBall-ish kinda plot and the HUGE filler arc that makes up for most of the anime, but I´m willing to check on the new series, it´s not like I´ve missed anything by not watching the fillers.

yeah, 1 year of filler was pretty horrible.

Yeah, I think it was closer to 2 years. I have to wonder about the logic of running filler episodes for that long as opposed to just ending the series and then picking it up 2 years later when the gap was adequate. I'm sure their thinking was that by keeping it going it didn't lose the audience and that it would be riskier to just end it and try to resurrect it. At the same time, I feel like there are quite a few people that tuned off of it due to the long fillers of questionable quality or relevance.

I myself couldn't stand the stupid Country of Tea filler arc that preceded the final arc prior to the long filler eps. So after the flashback eps to Kakashi's youth, I completely tuned off of Naruto until now. I'm glad I have something to watch again. But, I can see they are back to the whole irritating recapping thing again in episode 3. They must think kids these days are all ADD or amnesiac.

Yeah, I think it was closer to 2 years. I have to wonder about the logic of running filler episodes for that long as opposed to just ending the series and then picking it up 2 years later when the gap was adequate. I'm sure their thinking was that by keeping it going it didn't lose the audience and that it would be riskier to just end it and try to resurrect it. At the same time, I feel like there are quite a few people that tuned off of it due to the long fillers of questionable quality or relevance.

I myself couldn't stand the stupid Country of Tea filler arc that preceded the final arc prior to the long filler eps. So after the flashback eps to Kakashi's youth, I completely tuned off of Naruto until now. I'm glad I have something to watch again. But, I can see they are back to the whole irritating recapping thing again in episode 3. They must think kids these days are all ADD or amnesiac.

meh, recap episodes are a long running tradition. I actually liked the way they structured the first few new episodes, the flash backs serve to show the difference in characters from when they were first introduced to where they are now.

meh, recap episodes are a long running tradition. I actually liked the way they structured the first few new episodes, the flash backs serve to show the difference in characters from when they were first introduced to where they are now.

Hah, so you actually prefer to have a 10 minute recap of what just happened a couple episodes back? I'd rather have those 10 minutes of a 20 minute show as new material. I mean, man how long did it take to get through the Zabusa arc when they kept recapping the happenings of the last episode in the next one? Just because its traditional doesn't mean its good.

Not to mention, why do you need a reminder of what the difference in the characters are? Its not like Naruto was off the air for even a year much less a few months.

On another note, I really liked the preview of the encounter with Sasuke prior to the intro in episode 1. The animation, background score, and tension in the scene were great. It made me disappointed when it jumped back to Naruto arriving back in town after 2 years.

Hah, so you actually prefer to have a 10 minute recap of what just happened a couple episodes back? I'd rather have those 10 minutes of a 20 minute show as new material. I mean, man how long did it take to get through the Zabusa arc when they kept recapping the happenings of the last episode in the next one? Just because its traditional doesn't mean its good.

Not to mention, why do you need a reminder of what the difference in the characters are? Its not like Naruto was off the air for even a year much less a few months.

On another note, I really liked the preview of the encounter with Sasuke prior to the intro in episode 1. The animation, background score, and tension in the scene were great. It made me disappointed when it jumped back to Naruto arriving back in town after 2 years.

not everyone watches the show, most shows that are plot/character driven take time to re-introduce the plot and characters. naruto has been on the air for what, three? four years now? maybe there are some people out there who stopped watching, or didn't see the first season? Or maybe they wanted to explain why sakura can kick down trees when last week all she could do was run away and heal people?

Has anyone kept up on the manga? I read a few of the chapters introducing the characters after the time skip but stopped before Deidara even reached the Sand village. I didn't even know who that pale skinned guy was in that preview when they found Sasuke. It all looks very exciting though!

Has anyone kept up on the manga? I read a few of the chapters introducing the characters after the time skip but stopped before Deidara even reached the Sand village. I didn't even know who that pale skinned guy was in that preview when they found Sasuke. It all looks very exciting though!

SPOILERS

I don't read the manga but the pale skinned guy is Sai, Sasuke's replacement. The fourth guy you get a glimpse of in Shippuuden's first episode teaser is Yamato, the new squad sensei.

So the fillers basically just made poo up about Kakashi's past or what?

no, the fillers are poo about a half year that naruto kicks around waiting for frog hermit dude to come back from scouting out the new big bad. They spend more time with the supporting cast, and naruto basically takes a back seat and towards the end of the fillers, naruto becomes less and less effective as a team member, I guess to set up how he needs to the training (since the last fight with him and sasuke kinda had the two at god like powers)... BTW, this strikes me as silly in ther naruto-verse... in one fight, naruto is moving faster than normal vision can process and taking down demon powered baddies and then in the next week, he's getting his butt handed to him by some no name punk. Sigh, it best to just skip all the fillers and just watch the reboot.

From what I've seen, it's the gayest thing since gay came to gaytown. It makes dragonball z look like quality. I honestly don't see why these series go on for so long.

I like Naruto. It's got a nice message and a relatively interesting plot, but by all that is holy AVOID the fillers. Seriously, it detracted so much from the series that I think they would have been better off not making the fillers.

vinnie