NARUTO anime series

rnurmin

I read a couple of chapters of the manga, and my entire response is:

"meh. Pass me the Lupin, will ya?." :p

I mean the manga, at least was just more of the same that we've seen before. Ninjas with super powers. Gee -- how many milliseconds did it take to come up with that one? I'd rather they translated more Urusei Yatsura, or Gundam the Origin (getting it right this time -- none of this magazine format two chapters every four months for damn near $8--WTF :blink: ), or branched out perhaps even to more literary manga like Zipang or even (if they feel REALLY ambitious) Kuni ga Moeru. But they wouldn't sell, and so we're stuck with Naruto.

From what I've seen, it's the gayest thing since gay came to gaytown. It makes dragonball z look like quality. I honestly don't see why these series go on for so long.

You must have been watching the filler crap. Naruto isn't all that bad if you've watched the manga-adapted anime...not the filler crap. I've said once and I'll say it again: Fillers - the worst idea/invention ever. Naruto is a lot better than DBZ...in terms of plot/story/animation/action/etc.

• 1 month later...

K iv'e been reading the manga, I'm up to almost finishing Volume 3, and I got 4 and 5 (found a good cheap place to get 'em) and I admit while I was against Naruto from the word go, I'm slowly getting into the Manga atleast.

But from what I watched of the TV series I really wasn't getting into it, mostly because the time slot fo rthe shoe keeps changing on CN so I'm not able to watch it cause when it finally comes on, I'm at work and already had my lunch so I'm busy.

I managed to find the DVD's like the uncut box sets, but I don't wanna pay 50 bucks for 13 episodes and WAIT 4 months for another box set.

So I found more DVD's online that are Japanese/English subtitles (no mention of Chinese subs) for like first 25 episodes for 30 bucks which is a good price.

So I wondered if this is something I should invest in or should I just go and buy these box sets from Viz and just hold my patients each release?