do you think yamato will upgrade the poor QC 1/60 V2's?

pondo

I'm seriously jonesing for a roy 1s and a hikaru 1j.

But I understand that the new ones are built a lot better than the earlier releases. Do you think they will eventually re cycle through the valks and upgrade them to the newer quality? for example, if I bought a new roy, is there still a risk of broken shoulder?

haven't they already?

No, what you see in the market are still the first release in Roy 1S, Hikaru 1A, 1S and so on.

I bet they'll have a V3!!!

Nope, I don't think yamato will come up with a new tooling on 1/60 anymore, but you will perhaps see V2.2. Now we already have V2.1 with new crotch system. The new pin in shoulder is still the same but with smaller diameter so it doesn't count.

darn. I'd really like to amass a tv squadron.

What about the weathered ones? like the hikaru 1j? would it be retooled?

Only the first 1s really had problems, a few reports on the 1a hikaru but since then it's been pretty free and clear. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. There's a preventive fix you can do on the earlier knurled pins you can do if it worries you.

I have a first release Hik 1J with no problems. I have a Strike Roy and both shoulders are cracker. I have the replacement arms from Overdrive but as of yet they have not broken off. I am surprised how long they are holding up with the cracks. Or it might be that now that I know they are there I am carefull enough with the arms that they don't get any worse.

Don't worry go and buy them! Overdrive is having a sale on the early release stuff right now.

I have a first release Hik 1J with no problems. I have a Strike Roy and both shoulders are cracker. I have the replacement arms from Overdrive but as of yet they have not broken off. I am surprised how long they are holding up with the cracks. Or it might be that now that I know they are there I am carefull enough with the arms that they don't get any worse.

Don't worry go and buy them! Overdrive is having a sale on the early release stuff right now.

....I was waiting for that.......*inputs credit card number*