Wow!

Totoro242

The Q-Rau and N-Ger pilots shaking hands is titled "The Sprout of Culture". Also, there's a "report" as follows (translated through excite.co.jp with slight editing):

It strays and is ZENTORAN.

On the occasion of hostilities, I witnessed the very interesting spectacle. It is the upper photograph which was stored in the digital gun camera at once. In the old report, even if ZENTORAN and MERUTORAN might hold common strategy, it was considered to be forbidden by military rules that 兵同士 contacted directly. However, the MERUTORAN soldier whom I witnessed seems to help the ZENTORAN soldier who is going to escape from the battle suit damaged completely. Aren't military rules protected from this party for the prodigal unit? Or does this show that culture may be born also to a ZENTORADI army?

Immediately after this, in order to avoid an enemy missile, I had to escape from this airspace. Could that 2 person survive safely sure enough? ((Captain) MACROSS 4 convoy affiliation, Nicholas Emerson)

I think it's cool because it gives some perspective on how the pilots fit into the mecha.

Edited by ewilen

dang that's some bad @$$ dioramas! are these scratch built or are there actually kits out there for it? That's be awesome if these were kits. Especially that Q-Rau and the N-Ger kit. That's the first time I saw that kind of kit. That would be cool if they made a side story to that Q-rau kit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

kinda cool, question though:

how do those destroids reload their weapons if they are fused to the hull of the ship, the spartain in paticular. i also don't understand why they took already slow mecha, and ATTACHED them to the hull in the first place, that hardly made their predicament in the battlefeild better. maybe they are remote operated?

imagine if they took the nose of an A-10, cut if off the plane (pilot and all) and grafted it to the top of an abrams to add a gatlin gun to the tanks armorment. kinda a goofy idea.

During the second world war the the Wermacht started taking damaged tanks (most of the time the turrent and the gun still operated but the drive train was smashed), fitted them in fixed positions within citites (called Festung) and used them as fixed turrents to defend against tanks. Made the tanks completely vulnerable but in time of war what can you do. I think the same thing happened here. I bet there were often damaged units which legs or engines didn't work so they just made them fixed turrents.

kinda cool, question though:

how do those destroids reload their weapons if they are fused to the hull of the ship, the spartain in paticular. i also don't understand why they took already slow mecha, and ATTACHED them to the hull in the first place, that hardly made their predicament in the battlefeild better. maybe they are remote operated?

imagine if they took the nose of an A-10, cut if off the plane (pilot and all) and grafted it to the top of an abrams to add a gatlin gun to the tanks armorment. kinda a goofy idea.

It was the modeler's effect showing them coming out of the SDF's hatches. They are not fused to the deck.