Super Dimension Anthem 2009 Iki o Shiteru, Kanjteiru

Gubaba

Okay, I'm moving it out of the Sukuupuda! thread...

Personally, I prefer that one. I got the CD when I was a tourist here in Kyoto eleven years ago...

This one may grow on me, though. At least it actually has Chie Kajiura in it, unlike the "Friends" one, which had Tomo Sakurai, who sounds like every other Japanese idol. Mari could have been singing with any Morning Musume member and it would've sounded the same.

I agree about the singers...Chie's voice is MUCH more distinctive (and sexier), although I do think she sounds a lot like Chara.

But...I dunno, "Friends" on the whole sounded rather generic and easy-listening to me. It's okay, but I think I like this new song a whole lot better. (Or maybe I'm just pissed off that I had to buy both the Minmay Version and the Mylene Version when the single came out...at least this one doesn't have five versions with different B-sides...)

Thanks for the thread.

Who is Chara?

I never had any interest in a Mylene-only song where Tomo sang, so the new song on the "Mylene" version of the old single never appealed to me and I only got the Minmay version, which had a nice self-cover of Tenshi no Enogu.

That's something else about this single I found odd. Shouldn't there be a B-side? I know at 600-odd yen it's really just fair to expect one song, but... I dunno. It would've been interesting to see five versions!! ^_^ Or it could've been a mini album with 6 songs, 5 of them being "B-sides" with each singer.

Thanks for the thread.

Who is Chara?

I never had any interest in a Mylene-only song where Tomo sang, so the new song on the "Mylene" version of the old single never appealed to me and I only got the Minmay version, which had a nice self-cover of Tenshi no Enogu.

That's something else about this single I found odd. Shouldn't there be a B-side? I know at 600-odd yen it's really just fair to expect one song, but... I dunno. It would've been interesting to see five versions!! ^_^ Or it could've been a mini album with 6 songs, 5 of them being "B-sides" with each singer.

If you ever saw "Swallowtail Butterfly," Chara was the star and did the associated Yen Town Band album.

If you haven't seen it: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHARA ^_^

And yes...I wish there were extra tracks on the new CD as well. But hey, we've got a whole Fire Bomber album coming out, the Macross Frontier Movie soundtrack (eventually), and Mari's got a new album as well...so I guess we don't really NEED extra songs...right?

『超時空アンセム2009 息をしてる 感じている』

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8185166

1、Minmay????

2、Basara

3、Mylene

4、chorus

5、Sheryl

6、Ranka

I do not like this song

= =

090909_1.jpg

I love the nostalgia of having all of the singers on one song. Quite cool. With the exception of Mylene, I recognized all the voices. May'n still never ceases to amaze me with her voice. She's definitely this generation's Mari Ijima!

The song actually reminds me a lot of Angel Voice, but slower & less dynamic. I like it, but think I'd rather have an everyone singing version of Angel Voice.

Angel Voice fan mix heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3SJItECuwA

Anyway can't wait for the lyrics of this. All the significant singers of Macross. (Sorry Myung, Sara, Ishtar, Wendy Rider)

Man - I have to give it to Yoshiki Fukayama - the guy is pure genius.

I mean - the one thing about this kind of compilation is that you get an immediate, real time comparisson of all the singers. Now, I will admit that maybe this impression is tainted not so much by me being a huge Fire Bomber fan, but more by the fact that Yoshiki's is the only male voice in the choir and so necessarily it stands out and is more pronounced than the others...BUT...still...

Whenever the guy chimes in, the energy just reaches screaming fever pitches.

Although Sheryl is a close second.

Pete