Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Yeah, August has always been the set date, but I was thinking that the reason could be because Hasbro had planned on having all of this Iron Man stuff out and wanted time to sell through on that stuff. The new TFs seem to be ready to go, especially since some of them have already been releaed in Australia.

It's possible but I'm not really sure why they aren't set stateside until August. As for Australia and maybe the UK, they were set to have it in June, earlier than us...it's a rare turn of events.

Definitely looking forward to Generations and hopefully will pick up my 1st FansProject stuff later this year. Most of the PCC stuff isn't doing it for me.

Well here is something you never thought of it :

Actually, if you watch Animated, Starscream's transformation sequence consists of a Gerwalk mode halfway through the scene.

As for the toy, lots of people have done the Gerwalk mode, but it screws up the arm/nosecone Automorph feature.

Of the figures I have, I happen to like the Cybertron vestion of Downshift the best (I have a soft spot in my heart for Wheeljack, which happens to be the first G-1 figure I've got).

Whoever changed the name to that from Wheeljack shoud be...

...given a Blood Eagle!!! (google Viking tortures to find out what that is)

I believe that was Aron Archer, who decided that "Wheeljack is not a heroic name."

I have a custom Decepticon named Archer, just because of that. <_<

Really? I just figured it was because they'd already had a Wheeljack in the Unicron Trilogy.

Really? I just figured it was because they'd already had a Wheeljack in the Unicron Trilogy.

Yeah, I remember him saying something along those lines. It's what he said referring to Armada Wheeljack which of course looked like Sideswipe. Then they made, was he called Downshift? for Energon which looked like Wheeljack but they couldn't use the name due to using it in Armada as a Decepticon. He has a place in my classics collection just like Energon Slugslinger and Shockblast for Shockwave.

Greyryder, You know now I have to make an Archer figure. Maybe call him Angry Archer, he can be Starscreams lackie.

Yeah, I remember him saying something along those lines. It's what he said referring to Armada Wheeljack which of course looked like Sideswipe. Then they made, was he called Downshift? for Energon which looked like Wheeljack but they couldn't use the name due to using it in Armada as a Decepticon. He has a place in my classics collection just like Energon Slugslinger and Shockblast for Shockwave.

Greyryder, You know now I have to make an Archer figure. Maybe call him Angry Archer, he can be Starscreams lackie.

Yeah, it's Downshift. I have the figure, too. He combines rahter well with most of the Silver-Symboled Autobot figures.

Aron Archer's brains must be Spam stright out of the can. Douche-bag.

I might be wrong but aside from Wheeljack being in Armada, and Energon being a sequel in the US to Armada(the Japanese versions did not tie into each other like the US versions did), IIRC the name wasn't used because of political correctness, the name being close to "Carjack" or something.

I might be wrong but aside from Wheeljack being in Armada, and Energon being a sequel in the US to Armada(the Japanese versions did not tie into each other like the US versions did), IIRC the name wasn't used because of political correctness, the name being close to "Carjack" or something.

Yes, I believe he did draw a connection between the name Wheeljack and "Carjack" when it came to naming the Armada figure. When it came to Energon Downshift the name wasn't used because of it being used for a Decepticon in Armada, due to the series being connected in the U.S.

I got a chance to do some touch-ups and some experimentation with TFA Arcee and Henkei Sunstreaker this week. With Arcee I outlined the eyes and added color to her lips and chin:

Close up 1

Close up 2

Body

I was afraid to do any more to her as I'd probably screw it up. I definitely like her a lot more now with those facial features coming out. Next comes my first attempt with dye and a TF. This is what Sunstreaker looks like out of the package:Undyed SS. I never did like the gray parts and vowed to do something about it whenever I had the time. I also placed an order with Reprolabels during the interim. Here are the results:

Before

After

Side View 1

Side View 2

Front View

Underside

Front View (Bot)

3/4 View Bot

Rear View (Bot)

The twins

The twins (alt)

Dying is messy and takes some time, but it turned out to be well worth it!

Has anyone here picked up Alternity Starscream or Skywarp? I happened to see both of them at my local anime shop, but then I realized they transform into the fugly Mitsuoka Orochi.

I think their bug-eyed bot modes are pretty ugly too. I'll grant that positioning the doors or whatever to simulate their wings was kind of clever, but the result just doesn't look enough like them for me to be interested.

I still prefer the Leader Class toy, but this is very impressive.

Voyager Class Battle Blades Optimus Prime

I think I'm going to like that better than the Leader version. Leader class Prime is a great toy, but it's too big to look good with any of the other movie toys I have. This one should look great with the deluxe versions of Ratchet, Bee and Ironhide.

I think I'm going to like that better than the Leader version. Leader class Prime is a great toy, but it's too big to look good with any of the other movie toys I have. This one should look great with the deluxe versions of Ratchet, Bee and Ironhide.

Not to mention the kick ass voyager Megatron from ROTF and the Fallen will have a good Prime to fight against that's almost the same size! That's the main reason I want it, I dig that this one has 2 guns and a matrix right off the bat too!

Have I just never seen it before, or is there a new ad for TF:WFC featuring Shockwave, which is awesome? I must have Shockwave now...

Saw it at Gametrailers.com while getting the new SW:TOR trailer.

Not sure if the ad is new. Is it the same one that was on Xbox Live like a week or two ago? All I know is that Shockwave is a Gamestop exclusive. I don't know if that means he's available in the campaign, or if he's only for multiplayer, or if they're making a toy, or if we're going to be able to buy the other store exclusives later as DLC (I want Jazz almost as bad as Shockwave).

As I understand it...

Shockwave is a Gamestop-exclusive pre-order-exclusive multiplayer-exclusive character.

And Jazz is a Best Buy-exclusive pre-order-exclusive multiplayer-exclusive character.

HOORAY RETAILER EXCLUSIVES!

Edited by JB0

The color, obviously, but mainly the head, especially that crest. Maybe I'm nuts.

Well, now that you mention it, their faces are really different, but their "helmets" are almost identical. I think it's just a coincidence though; I think Peg's supposed to be modeled more off of Gundam (hence the protrusion on his chin).

I think I'm going to give my Peg a couple of beam sabers and maybe a RX-78 rifle. Maybe even stick a little yellow head crest on him. That should make him happy. He'll be like, "Sugoi!!!". :p

Yeah, I remember him saying something along those lines. It's what he said referring to Armada Wheeljack which of course looked like Sideswipe.

The Sideswipe-looking headsculpt was a decision Takara made without consulting Hasbro. Archer said they were surprised when they got the prototype.

Yeah, it's Downshift. I have the figure, too. He combines rahter well with most of the Silver-Symboled Autobot figures.

Aron Archer's brains must be Spam stright out of the can. Douche-bag.

For a (according to you) douche bag with no brains, Aaron Archer seems to have done pretty well for himself steering Transformers to become one of Hasbro's crown jewels and become VP of intellectual property development, despite his then-weird hang up about Wheeljack.

I think you're confusing series. In both the US/Everywhere else and Japan, Armada/Micron Densetsu and Energon/Superlink were directly connected. It was the Galaxy Force series (later dubbed as Cybertron) that that was separate.

But even this didn't last, as the now-TakaraTomy started to adopt Hasbro's direction and continuity model, retroactively placing Galaxy Force as part of the "Micron Trilogy", as Hasbro did and always intended.

But even this didn't last, as the now-TakaraTomy started to adopt Hasbro's direction and continuity model, retroactively placing Galaxy Force as part of the "Micron Trilogy", as Hasbro did and always intended.

Didn't they retroactively place ALL Transformers cartoons in the same continuity?

Didn't they retroactively place ALL Transformers cartoons in the same continuity?

Not that I know of. I mean, G1 to them is the original cartoon through Car Robots/Robots in Disguise, but I'm pretty sure everything since is separate.