VF-1

Shaffer87

I am new to Macross, discovered it through an Arma addon valk a few days ago. Not really into anime but I have watched some macross from PSN, now I am really interested in one of the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 series. Tisinc has a few items I might be interested in but they have mixed reviews. Where do you buy yours online? Also what do you think would be the best route so that I can have a valk, super/strike parts and some armor? I was thinking about getting the cannonfodder or stealth model because I like the TV head and colors, but I was unable to find any strike parts? I am not really interested in the Miria or Max supers. Sorry for the newbie post...

Edited by Shaffer87

if you're only getting one then go ahead and get a 1/48. If you are interested in building a collection then get the 1/60s version 2. The 1/48s are almost completely out of production but a lot of people are dumping theirs to get the 1/60s. But don't let that fool you, the 1/48s are great pieces of art. Once the dust settles these babies are gonna be worth a lot plus if you handle one right after you handle a 1/60, you know you got your money's worth. I like them both... I plan on completing both collections.

No love for Ver. 1 1/60's?! If you want more for less, ver.1's are good. Not perfect transformation, Battroid isn't as good looking (to some, I think it looks fine), however they have a lot of diecast, and can take a little bit of punishment. It's really up to you, but you can amass a nice collection of ver.1 valks for the price of 2 or 3 ver.2's.

Stay away from the Ver. 2 Roy 1/60 though. A lot of them have problems with the shoulders, including mine. I was so disgusted I swore I'd never buy another V2 1/60, I don't care how good they look or if they fix the problem.

If you're only getting one valk, then go for the YF-19 1/60 with fold booster. That's my personal favorite.

if you're only getting one then go ahead and get a 1/48. If you are interested in building a collection then get the 1/60s version 2. The 1/48s are almost completely out of production but a lot of people are dumping theirs to get the 1/60s. But don't let that fool you, the 1/48s are great pieces of art. Once the dust settles these babies are gonna be worth a lot plus if you handle one right after you handle a 1/60, you know you got your money's worth. I like them both... I plan on completing both collections.

Very much agreed!

If I could only have one valk, it would be a 1/48 one.

If I can collect only one line, I go for the 1/60.

The 1/60 v2 is great, but the 1/48 has its own charm too.

P.S. I am collecting both lines thus far.

>snip<

Disregard this, the 1/60 v.1's suck. sculpt in jet mode looks like a lawn dart (is functional as one too) and that's the best looking mode. Also not a fan of the YF-19.

If you can only own 1 valk, get a YF-21. I love my YF-21 and my 1/60 v.2 VF-1S, both look gorgeous and have been perfect QC wise. Looking forward to the VE-1 and GPB-1S.

No love for Ver. 1 1/60's?! If you want more for less, ver.1's are good. Not perfect transformation, Battroid isn't as good looking (to some, I think it looks fine), however they have a lot of diecast, and can take a little bit of punishment. It's really up to you, but you can amass a nice collection of ver.1 valks for the price of 2 or 3 ver.2's.

Actually the diecast in the legs are the main factor that turns me away from V1. I really hate diecast parts unless it's inner skeleton. Like the 1/55 chunky monkey, the discoloration of plastic/diecast and poor fitment are the main factors that turn me down. Other than that, I do agree with the V1 on price, they are atleast half of what V2 cost.

Stay away from the Ver. 2 Roy 1/60 though. A lot of them have problems with the shoulders, including mine. I was so disgusted I swore I'd never buy another V2 1/60, I don't care how good they look or if they fix the problem.

If you're only getting one valk, then go for the YF-19 1/60 with fold booster. That's my personal favorite.

V2 is the best VF-1 toy ever made in my book with the exception of shoulder issue in first release of Roy. I'm building the whole line.

Like what others have said, get the 1/48 if you only wanted one, get the V2 to have a complete collection.

Like what others have said, get the 1/48 if you only wanted one, get the V2 to have a complete collection.

of course, once you buy one Macross toy you'll only want more, so you're better off just going with the 1/60 v.2 ^_^

don't we all here know too well that there's no such thing as "getting only one"

once you start, u just cant stop, no matter how poor you claim to be!

so ditch all those recommendations about "if you could only get one, then get <insert valk recommendation here>"

for starters, js do urself a favor and get a 1/60 ver2 VF-1

I'm proud to say that to date, I've only purchased one v1.0 1/60, one 1/48, and one v2.0 1/60. All of them VF-1A Hikarus. :D

None of the other Valkyries.

I have not succumbed to temptation. ^_^

To the original poster: I recommend getting the 1/48 if that's the version you want to get. You can buy it at places like hlj.com and anime-export.com.

Edited by Vifam7

I guess I'm the only one that still likes the v1 VF-1 :lol:

I don't even plan to sell them. I remember getting Hikaru's VF-1A and the exclusive TRU CF back in November or December 2001!!!

The v2's are THE AWESOME, they're even better than the 1/48's (don't plan to sell them either).

The v2's are THE AWESOME, they're even better than the 1/48's (don't plan to sell them either).

AMEN. the 1/60 V.2 is THE BEST depiction of the venerable VF-1 to rate, PERIOD. my VF-1J T.V. has been through at least a dozen transformations in the two weeks i've had it, with absolutely no hint of stress marks or cracking ANYWHERE. trust me, YAMATO has finally gotten Kawamori-San's Magnum Opus PERFECTED. this is the precision replica i have dreamed of since 1994!! i mean, JUST LOOK AT THESE BEAUTIFUL LINES!!!!

VF-1JYAMATO1-60John.jpg

VF-1JYAMATO1-60John4.jpg

VF-1JYAMATO1-60John5.jpg

Miss_Shao_as_Lynn_Minmay_1_by_Shaor.jpg

("I Love You So"...)

Edited by Shaorin