Interest for 1/32nd scale VF-1?

cobywan

So I've been thinking of doing a VF-1 in 1/32nd scale. I've got a great source for a CG modeled Valkyrie lined up and I've just got some CNC capabilities finally worked out here at the shop.

So what would people want for detail and how much would you be willing to pay? My problem is that I would want to go TOO far with it. If you've seen my test from MANY years back, you would know what I am talking about.

Here are some shots of what I've done before.

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Templates/VFShells.htm

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Templates/VFscribes.htm

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Templates/VFfoam.htm

And here is an idea of how far I'm willing to go for detail.

http://www.nugalactica.blogspot.com/

I need a reality check. That's why I'm asking here.

Thanks guys.

FINALLY resurrecting this project? I wondered what happened to the older version. This would be WAY too big for my collection and available space, but I hope all goes well if yo go ahead! - MT

I'd like to see it. However I'm a coward, I like to see at least one build up thread of a kit before I commit to buy. Not that I doubt the abilities of the designer, but I doubt my own as a builder.

Would it be a static fighter? Or could it be built as a Battroid as well?

I would really like to see this happen. I think if it is in the three hundred range with tons of details I would but one or two.

I think the Thunderhammer 1?48 project EXO did is a good indicator that people will be willing to buy a high end limited run.

Looking forward to this.

I might just go insane and do a one of a kind. I would love to put all the cutaway detail inside and have paper thin skins on the fuselage. Or in my imagination land interpretation, a completely brass or aluminum model. (I'll keep on dreaming on that one.)

Wow Cobywan, that's simply beautiful. And it looks like you got the size of the nose about 'right'... they always look too small to me in many of the other kits. I know some of it is 'anime magic' which we always make apologies for but I'm all for sticking to the spirit of the anime. Love your work.

I'd like to see you do it. I'd probably pay 300 buck dollars, but I'm sure there are people here who would be willing to pay way more for something this big and unique.....I'd pay more if I had more money.

I'm wondering whether having the 1/48 Hasegawa VF-1 *possibly* on the horizon will deter people from supporting this project. As nice as I know yours will be, I'm kinda hesitant to drop a few hundred on it for that reason.

I think 1/32 is kinda big for me.

I would love to see you build it though. I would be checking the buildup thread everyday...

I don't think anything is going to happen with this. I will short list it for a personal project though. That way I can do whatever detailing I want with no economic concerns at all. I may need to model it myself in Rhino too. It would definitely be a good learning project.

I don't think anything is going to happen with this. I will short list it for a personal project though. That way I can do whatever detailing I want with no economic concerns at all. I may need to model it myself in Rhino too. It would definitely be a good learning project.

That's really too bad, but I hope you finish the project and share it with us.