HI-RES Macross NOSEART

Budokhan

Yeah thanks for that and welcome to MW.

I have that book too :) and a few others with noseart in them. Never thought of sharing as I just assumed that everyone would have em.

Chances are there will be others who will want these and more.

Edited by big F

Thanks for the kind welcome guys! Glad I could help out!

I'll try to post more stuff for everyone as I come across it (hopefully higher-res also) ! :D

Mechtech:

Thanks for the welcome & youre quite welcome for the 'cals! BTW, I gotta say, well done so far on the DAEDALUS model your building! That thing is HUGE. Too bad we cant team up with some others here to make a to-scale Flying RC SDF-1 to go with it! :lol:

GREAT NEWS!!!!

I just got an original, mint-in-box ARII 1/72 Destroid Tomahawk from Evil-bay !:

ar-301-12box.jpg

As soon as it comes in the mail ( 2-3 weeks) I'll scan the decals in hi-res for the Vampirella-type noseart ( legart??) & post it up here for you guys! I know there are quite a few folks who have been looking for a hi-res shot of it & I've been kinda lusting after this kit for a long time anyways so its a win-win sitch for all of us!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings Gang!

Finally got my 1/72 TOMAHAWK kit thru the mail yesterday! I scanned in the decals &.....YIKES!! are they in bad shape! I'm currently "rebuilding" the set using Photoshop so hopefully in the next couple of days, I'll have them finished to post for everyone!

~Cheers!

I'm very curious about Vampirella Pinup. Months ago I asked about it, while I were building my Moscato's Tomahawk. But Finally I used this Apache pinup:

tomahawkpinupid3.jpg

Hey cool8or!

Okay, the actual decal of the Vampirella on the sheet is pretty small & not very well detailed at all ( the artwork on the box cover is better!). Shes one of the reasons I'm "cleaning" up the whole set. I'm gonna tighten up the artwork with only minimal alterations so as not to detract from its overall originality. But....an this is a big but.... I'm gonna scan the boxart at super-hi res, use the vampi art there to "re-create" a whole new, photoshopped image in nice detail ( but thats gonna take a little longer)

I'll still however, am gonna post the re-newed set for everyone as soon as its finished! :D

Greetings All!

Sorry I havent posted any updates in the last few days, just getting over a bad summer cold. Anywho, I got the 1/72 TOMAHAWK decals scanned & am about halfway done rebuilding them. I just wanted to share the main parts of the rebuilt stuff with you guys for the time being until the rest of the sheet is done. Firstly, heres the cleaned up & "tweaked" Vampirella noseart for the leg :

1-72ARIIDestroidTOMAHAWKVAMPIRELLA.jpg

She's not too much to look at, is she?

Then, I very carefully disassembled the box top to fit it in the scanner so I could make a full, Hi-res scan of the boxart to be "cleaned up". After that, I cropped & cleaned up the noseart image in photoshop. This is what I'm gonna use for the template when I redraw it in photoshop:

VampirellaPinupartcopy.jpg

She's much better, eh?

Also, If anyone wants it, I still have the full TOMAHAWK boxart image on file ( its large tho, 233 mb) so just PM me & I'll fire you off a zip file containing it! :D

Have a great one guys & Enjoy!!

Rolling Thunder, a unit in Battletech uses a similar motif. Here's a scan. It might be a bit clearer as the image is almost full page in the book. It has the face of a banshee though but I'm sure a clever clogs at photoshop will be able to fix that :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If anyone can get a high res shot of this one it would be much appreciated!!

post-10398-1249260109_thumb.jpg

Would this perchance be what yer lookin for?? :D

BombedfromBehind.jpg

knew I had this little lady, took me a bit to find her as she was loitering in a completely unrelated folder! I still have the original scan so if you need me too, I can darken her up a bit via photoshop !

• 2 weeks later...