Your favorite valk...

drkstar00

No. Actually - I'm kidding (obviously)...

But I've been sitting here staring at the monitor for 15 minutes trying to figure out which is my favorite Valkyrie - and I give up! I don't know! I can't chose just one!

If I had to be pressed, then probably the VF-1D because it has Hikaru and Minmey, and has Hikaru in civilian clothing and Minmey in her cute SDFM TV dress - something I've dreamed of for a long time. Plus, I like the head unit on the 1D... Would also nominate the VT-1 if it actually had MISA with it...

But seriously - I can't chose one. All of them are awesome. It is painfully impossible to chose a favorite.

Pete

It's difficult right? haha. I had to sit and think about it too... choosing more than one is cheating... I guess the question should be phrased if they allowed you to take one with you to heaven which one would you take? Choosing more than one would land you automatically in hell with a version 1 VF-11b without the fixed hip joint!!!

or even worse...

an MPC veritech...

Well, as I am a little late to the "party" and JUST watched Macross Plus for the first time over the weekend, (yeah I know)...but it was AWESOME. Point being, debt be damned!! I immediatly jumped online with my CC in hand and ordered the YF-21 and the new VF-11B...I am pretty sure once I have them both in hand, one will quickly become my new favorite!

As for my favorite right now.....my first Valk ever was the 1:48 Roy, but i dunno, I'm SO over 1:48......I love all my 1:60 v.2 equally, so its hard to choose...I think my Hiki, VF-1J though...its just so classic!

Did you only just see the series/OVA or the movie, the MOVIE makes a HUGE difference in why i love the YF-21 soooo soo much. :p

It's difficult right? haha. I had to sit and think about it too... choosing more than one is cheating... I guess the question should be phrased if they allowed you to take one with you to heaven which one would you take? Choosing more than one would land you automatically in hell with a version 1 VF-11b without the fixed hip joint!!!

or even worse...

an MPC veritech...

Heaven? It would be the VT-1 v.2 1/60, pure hot rod valk fun. :D

Man this wa tougher than I thought... first I thought about the 1/55 GBP and SuperOstrich... toys that I spent half my life dreaming of getting and finally got. Then the 1/48 VF-1S Roy, which I bought about 5 times but ended up customizing and now I can't believe I don't have a single one that's just regular... but then that reminded me what I did with one... my favorite has to be this baby...

gallery_157_57561.jpg

med_gallery_3118_347_38169.jpg

seriously Exo we wanna see it posed! :p

Exo wrote:

I guess the question should be phrased if they allowed you to take one with you to heaven which one would you take?

Me:

I'd go to Hell and take 'em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Pete

haha, it wouldnt be hell if you can take them all... instead you get one crappy one.

Hell is where all you get are 1 gazillion 1/72 VF-11Bs.

And you spend ALL eternity opening them, only to have their legs fall off as you take them out of the box. So you move on to the next box...and the legs fall off of the next one...

and on...

and on...

into eternity!

That is hell.

Pete

My super-deformed Matchbox VF-1S Roy (Joke Machine) has always been and will probably always be my favorite valk toy. Cute yet deadly looking (like a fat, angry bumblebee), solid construction, lots of articulation, awesomely creative rotating cockpit/heat shield, full set of armor and FAST packs that are easy to put on and they stay on. It was the first transformable valk toy I had back in the 80's and, after loosing it, it was the first Macross toy I obtained through the MW forums when I first joined years ago.

Edited by eriku

My favorite is probably my latest baby...

B06.jpg

While Yamato undeniably has the most accurate sculpts I still love the 1/55's. You know you're doing something right when what is essentially the same design is still being reissued over 20 years later.

That said, the Thunder Hammer design is grade A awesome, but since this is about what I have in my own collection...