Macross Valkyrie II

asianLove

Hi! :)

I've been reading these forums for a month now and it seems like a wonderful community! I usually model Gundams but just recently (because of finding out about Macrossworld.com) have really been looking to get into Macross modeling!

I've purchased a few Hasegawa 1/72 battleroids (waiting for them to arrive) and while perusing Hobby Search, I saw this Macross Valkyrie II. I remember watching this anime a looong time ago and thought these were some of the most interesting valkyries I saw. My question is, where can I find one? I would love to model this thing but I guess because this Macross series isn't offically apart of the Macross world, they don't produce this model much. Any help would be great! :)

post-3-1068494210.jpg

I can't seem to find any web-stores that carry this in stock... any webstores you guys use to find hard to find things? :)

Did you try Mechahawaii.com? This is my friends shop. I remember him saying he just go more in his shipment. Try emailing him. :)

you missed them, again!! I just got mine, 2 of them! from www.1999.co.jp.

they sell Valkrie II and Tactical Pod Glaug 2\3 weeks ago, I ordered some, but the later sold out first, lucky I get 2 Valkrie II at last! :lol:

man, as a macross fan or model collector, you should check HLJ, 1999 and THIS FORUM every 30 minutes, at least! :ph34r:

Edited by newca

ATTENTION ALL ASIANLOVE VF-2SS VALKYRIE PILOTS,

ATTENTION ALL ASIANLOVE VF-2SS VALKYRIE PILOTS,

PLEASE MEET AT THE EBAY DOCKS WITHIN 14 HOURS AS OF 0300 EST

EBAY: 14 hours left (4days 9 hours)

CURRENT BID PRICE: $18.00 US ($9.99US)

Valkyrie #: 3251829504 (3155367133)

Tech: heiheihei999 (ehobbyland)

Notes:

This is a rare model due to the fact that it was a valkyrie no one really wanted when it first came out since everyone wanted the more popular VF-1A, 1J, or 1S during that time. Can't blame the fans cuz Macross II kinda bites,....some parts of the anime i really dig and most of the others really sucked. Anyways back to the model,....like all true collectors item,...when there is a low supply and for some strange reason a high demand for this valkyrie,...this model was almost impossible to find. Luckily Bandai re-released it for anyone who wants a second chance in gettting it. I bumped into a personal site where someone built the 1/100 VF-2SS

check it out

http://honowo7.hp.infoseek.co.jp/vf2ss1.html

the fighter isn't as pretty as most of the other valkyries we've come to love but the battroid mode is pretty cool. Personal Preference I guess,....If you do decide to get this model please post it up,.....I would love to see more shots of it when its finished.

Just for reference the original price for this baby in Japan is about 1600-2000 yen , so its pretty cheap. Take that into consideration if you do decide to go for the ebay one but chances are you could probably find it cheaper,......More options for you :)

Cheers~

Isamu

heiheihei999!!!

do you know him?? if so please tell him, I am that Shanghainese, I bought 8 items from him 2 months ago, the only thing I got till now is ONE of those 8!! Patlabor Ingram 2 in a crashed box!! holyxxxx!! WHAT THE xxxx GOING ON THERE?! :angry:

if I still can't get the rest 7 items in 10 days, he's going to be finished at ebay!

every one you bid on this Hong Kong guy heiheihei999, pay most attention to his package!! maybe he always send your item withOUT extra material!! very angry now!! why can't I find a "finger icon"!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry don't know the guy,...just got his info for ya on ebay,...but thanks for the warning,....i'm sure all of us reading this will most likely avoid doing business with him,....we should probably add him to the blacklist on MWF :p

I hope you found what your looking for,........

oh i just wanted to add two notes here,.....

Note #1:

I stand corrected about the model

vf-2ss looing really crappy as a fighter mode....it all depends on the painter,....

Below is a url to wm cheng's valkyrie collection, whom i must say is pretty damn good,.....truly a master and each of his valkyries are definitely a masterpiece

Check it out!!!

wm cheng : http://www3.sympatico.ca/wm_cheng/Macross/

Note #2:

If your making an important purchase for some Macross related kit or toy i suggest going with "Blackaces"~ He's been around here a lot if you notice his name posted everywhere and it's evident he loves macross as much as all of us. So unlike most of those other sellers on Ebay( cough cough,...heiheihei999 as pointed out by newca), he won't screw you over because he can relate with our "protoculture" :p

Cheers~

Isamu

Hi! :)

I've been reading these forums for a month now and it seems like a wonderful community! I usually model Gundams but just recently (because of finding out about Macrossworld.com) have really been looking to get into Macross modeling!

I've purchased a few Hasegawa 1/72 battleroids (waiting for them to arrive) and while perusing Hobby Search, I saw this Macross Valkyrie II. I remember watching this anime a looong time ago and thought these were some of the most interesting valkyries I saw. My question is, where can I find one? I would love to model this thing but I guess because this Macross series isn't offically apart of the Macross world, they don't produce this model much. Any help would be great! :)

Hi .

You can easily found the vf2ss in the Raibow ten web page

http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html

look in Today stock list , character.

You will find the macross kits on the end of bandai list .

they have it in stock all the time ;)

good shopping

heiheihei999!!!

do you know him?? if so please tell him, I am that Shanghainese, I bought 8 items from him 2 months ago, the only thing I got till now is ONE of those 8!! Patlabor Ingram 2 in a crashed box!! holyxxxx!! WHAT THE xxxx GOING ON THERE?! :angry:

if I still can't get the rest 7 items in 10 days, he's going to be finished at ebay!

every one you bid on this Hong Kong guy heiheihei999, pay most attention to his package!! maybe he always send your item withOUT extra material!! very angry now!! why can't I find a "finger icon"!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i feel for you,.....but you really gotta be careful about purchases that are too good to be true on ebay. I also take into account as to where they're store is located,....sounds stupid i know,...but for some reason when i see taiwan or hk selling a japanese product i feel extra cautious cuz for one reason i can't inspect the product personally and second of all i can't kick they're asses since they are so far away. :p

Either way,..yeah I just checked out heiheihei999 positive/negative feedback ratio and its kinda bad "lately", normally people would look at the percent or the total ratio,..in this case he's got 2563 positive, 134 neutrals, 132 negatives

(Note for newbies on ebay)

Neutrals are like negatives, usually when the buyer is not satisfied he/she would give a neutral feedback. Why? cuz if they gave the seller a negative one,....he/she would receive one back. That's one scenario the other is just simply not happy but not upset at the product,..so what does that tell you???

So in terms of heiheihei999 feedbacks,...he's got 2563 positive and 266 negatives as far as im concerned,.....is that a pretty good ratio? mmmm yeah <_<

but if you check out his 7 days which is his most recent work ethics,....he's got 97 positive and 45 negatives (neutral included),......so can someone really trust this guy?,...(paying a "little" extra for insurance that your getting a perfect condition and quality service is well worth the hassle of not getting what you expect)....

I say go with Blackaces :)

ahem,.....That concludes Isamu's Review for purchases on ebay,.....see you next time,....same Post channel,....same Post time :lol:

(curtains coming down,..........music playing softly,,.....lights dimming)

I have one of those models.... It's pretty small though... What scale was that? The one I have is too small to be 1/72.

I'm pretty sure I have all the pieces, and I would sell it if someone wanted it.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

I don't have the box, the instructions, or the stickers... I just have the valk and it's parts... The kit was put together, but NOT painted.

Edited by rocco_77

Two days raining, now it`s shining again here in Tokyo, weird climate.

Hey, I found 2 set of VF-2SS in a hobby shop near my dorm, I`m getting interested in it since I read this topic (maybe because it was a rare stuff ? :blink: ). I`ll pick up one set tomorrow after I check my account, one more thing, the price is 1,600 yen, not including tax.

I believe the scale 1/100, need cement and paint to work with, to wm cheng, please show us more of your great technique in making up those valks :D

I have one of those models.... It's pretty small though... What scale was that? The one I have is too small to be 1/72.

I'm pretty sure I have all the pieces, and I would sell it if someone wanted it.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

I don't have the box, the instructions, or the stickers... I just have the valk and it's parts... The kit was put together, but NOT painted.

It is actually 1/100 scale. If you want to sale it, provide me with a price. I might be interested in it.

Thank you,

I think the one he made was a differen't kit. It was a resin garage kit and not the bandai one

The resin VF-2SS is a rare kit, to bad it don't transform. The bandai kit rocks, I didnt need glue for the one I did. Throw on a couple coats of cheap white paint and add some simple detailing and it looks way better then the model on the box. Transforming it is kinda weird, but worth getting for sure.

Thanks all for the wonderful tips!! Thanks all for PMing me with details too! the FIRST time I saw this kit was 6 or so years ago... MAN... i'm SOO happy that I'm about to get one now... this thing has been in the back of my mind for 6 years now!! You guys ROCK! :D

Those pictures from wm_cheng are incredible! Thanks for providing them, Isamu Dyson!!

Those pictures from wm_cheng are incredible! Thanks for providing them, Isamu Dyson!!

Anytime!!! :) Special thanks to "wm cheng" for sharing his skillful works which inspire us!!!

We're all happy for you to finally get your own valkyrie after these 6 years,......I hope you have fun building it with all your heart and soul. When you have time please share a few pics of it with us. ;)

Yeah,...everyone hear is pretty cool,....MW is a really nice community for macross lovers around the world.

Cheers~

Isamu

Yeah,...everyone hear is pretty cool,....MW is a really nice community for macross lovers around the world.

Cheers~

Isamu

OOooops!

typo = Yeah,...everyone "here" is pretty cool,..........

Isamu don't know English too good :p

Gotta hit those books,....and stop listening to O-G Love :blink: so remember kids,.....

"Don't be a fool,....Go to school!!!"

*Brought to you by your local board of education

Cheers~

Isamu

Hi all, just caught this thread,

Glad you got your Bandai kit - i've got one, and paid a lot more for it before the re-issue - ouch! :( I think it only looks best in Gerwalk mode, maybe even Battroid mode (stretching it a bit :p ) IMHO.

My kit was a Musasiya recast from HobbyFan.com - modified to have removeable fast packs. The lines for the fighter mode are by far the best of any (very limited selection) kits out there - however, the recast comes with a milky frosted canopy (which I had a friend vac-form a clear one for me).

When you build it, make sure you post pictures!!

• 2 weeks later...

my "plastic collection" last month.

DO feel lucky now, got 2 VF-2SS, and got refund from ebay :lol:

now working on ARII 1/100 batriod VF-1S, almost give up! what a terrible ugly robot! :huh:

post-3-1070464791_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...