Things I had to forego to buy more macross toys

geepogi

Usually I wait until I get my tax refund or I save up pennys at a time until I get to that amount I need. Usually it takes me a few months before I'm able to buy a new Macross toy. But I've also gone and splurdged when I shouldn't and it's cost me dearly before. One time I bought a toy and I didn't realize I was so close to my bank account being over drawn so I kept buying stuff later...I ended up 400 dollars in the hole with a 35 dollar charged on top of everything I had bought...so a 2 dollar energy drink cost me 37 bucks and some change.

If I was in the position to make a choice I would literally dump my entire collection, then go travel and maybe even start a business of my own. From the time I stopped collect toys (after high school) till I started again (2001); I traveled, partied, made tons of friends, had way the heck too much s@x (actually… correct that; there's no such thing as too much s@x) and enjoyed life.

In fact I think the only reason I started collecting toys again was that at the time I made a conscious decision to stay with one girl. I was so sure I made the right/permanent choice that I felt comfortable in starting a hobby and getting pets… and I don't mean by just aquarium fish, I also got dogs with my ex-GF.

Personally, I'm dam confident that I am a real man. Since the day I was able to cook for my younger sibling (I was 9yrs old) I had to take care of matters on my own. I work hard enough and help others close to me enough so I can earn my right to do whatever I wanted. At lot of people like to talk about how mature and responsible they are, but in reality those who talk a lot - do the least. Many of my friends (including my ex) didn't appreciate the work I had to put in to accommodate them. From putting together venues, building websites, installing electrical devices, obtaining hard to get stuff (not drugs), etc… etc…, and I even help put my ex through college.

Fortunately, I'm no longer associating myself to leaches or my ex (who wasn't really that bad). The guys I hang around now are a very competent bunch. The real reason why I'm so freakin' lonely right now (and less and less interested in collecting toys) are my dogs. I'll explain; first I love my boys more than anything in this world. I walk them, play with them, and tell them I love them every day. In a way, it's like being a single dad. A lot of people tell me I can go on vacation and just leave them with a doggie hotel or a relative; but since they wouldn't do that to their human children, why the heck would I do that to my boys?

It might sound weird but I guess I'm looking for a new GF to be a mommy to my dogs. I would rather spend a day out with my boys than buy a new toy any day. But it's really hard to drive them out to a park and walk all of them at the same time by myself. I would like to say that I've had a fairly colorful/romantic/exciting life so far (maybe I'll write about it in my blog); but there's nothing I enjoy more than time with my boys. Recently, a good buddy of mine offered to help me take my boys to the park with me. I told him to bring his kids along; living in Vancouver, there are a lot of same-sex couples that frequent Stanley Park (our best park). The last thing I want is for the hot girls/ladies at the beach to think that we're an item - walking with our "kids" (the dogs).

So for me at least; a happy family would be tops, an adventurous life would come second, and toy collecting would come after that. In that retrospect, there are actually very few important things that I would forego to buy Macross toys. But I'm proud to admit that one of the things I would forego is collecting other toys (Transformers, etc…); along with food, clothing, haircuts.

This reminds me of a young kid I knew. He got his first job, bought a brand new big ole' BMW. He walked into his insurance agent (who was probably seeing a vacation to Hawaii) and walked out really in the hole for money. After a few months of Ramen and bologne (probably constipation too :lol: ) he sold it off!

I'm not forgoing anything, I'm just saving my pennies!- MT

ramenarian as in vegetarian.

ramenarian - (noun) one who subsists wholly on ramen. ^_^

Well, I knew that!

However, it would be Ramenivore or Ramenitarian, not ramenarian.

Ramenivore - (n.) an organism whose diet consists totally of ramen

Ramenitarian - (n.) a person who eats ramen exclusively

Well, I knew that!

However, it would be Ramenivore or Ramenitarian, not ramenarian.

Ramenivore - (n.) an organism whose diet consists totally of ramen

Ramenitarian - (n.) a person who eats ramen exclusively

how about humanitarian? :lol:

No, a Samarian is from Samaria. A Samaritan is the latter.

no. Anime52k8 is right. Samaritans are the people of Samaria, who claim to be descendants of Joseph and practice a parallel branch of Judaism known as Samaritanism which followers claim is a more pure and unadulterated form of the Judaism.

No, a Samarian is from Samaria. A Samaritan is the latter.

I think you're thinking of Sumerians, people form the city state of Sumer (located in modern day Iraq) which is often erroneously referred to as Sumeria.

(the benefits of paying attention in freshmen history class.)

No. They are really refering to the biblical Samaritans,

from whom the expression "good samaritan" comes from.

In biblical times, the Jews avoided Samaritans as the

Samaritan were half-Jews (Don't know if it's the lower

or upper half. j/k).

Anyway, why are we discussing this in this thread? <_<

You guys don't even know how lucky you are. In Poland, there are no ramen noodles. There are these similar things - but it's never as good as the real Ramen noodles.

Pete

Accepting Care Packages of Ramen Noodles

no. Anime52k8 is right. Samaritans are the people of Samaria, who claim to be descendants of Joseph and practice a parallel branch of Judaism known as Samaritanism which followers claim is a more pure and unadulterated form of the Judaism.

I think you're thinking of Sumerians, people form the city state of Sumer (located in modern day Iraq) which is often erroneously referred to as Sumeria.

(the benefits of paying attention in freshmen history class.)

I see why your sig says what it says. Good choice.

My God, it's a damned joke! Does no one understand this? Why is it whenever I joke, people take it SERIOUSLY?!

And, Mike, don't give me this Freshman History class bull. I'm in a Geography class. World History isn't till Sophomore year.

And, Mike, don't give me this Freshman History class bull. I'm in a Geography class. World History isn't till Sophomore year.

freshmen, sophomore... whatever, they all kind of ran together anyways. :p

if no one can tell you're joking then you should consider what the common denominator is... which would be you... :ph34r:

Common Denominator.... Wait... Is this a math class, a history class, or a rhetoric class?

freshmen, sophomore... whatever, they all kind of ran together anyways. :p

They're different! I KNOW they are! They HAVE to be!

If they aren't, the last 9 months I spent in school were for naught... :I know ONE of the IP.Board Forums I was one had a cry smiley!:

How about my health?

Just a minor issue. Nothing life threating. It will be a secret cause I can't share that I have any weakness. I got insurance but it just covers a faction. I think I might have to spend a couple hundred dollars. Just enough for a couple valks. I saved up enough for nearly 3-4 Valks (not counting a pre-order I already have). Now I might just have enough left over for just one more.

What to do...

obviously you haven't listen to politicians talk about the budget... :lol:

Isn't there a rule somewhere not to bring politics into this? :lol:

How about my health?

Just a minor issue. Nothing life threating. It will be a secret cause I can't share that I have any weakness. I got insurance but it just covers a faction. I think I might have to spend a couple hundred dollars. Just enough for a couple valks. I saved up enough for nearly 3-4 Valks (not counting a pre-order I already have). Now I might just have enough left over for just one more.

What to do...

Screw the health, I have valks!

-Truer words need not be spoken

Your body fixes itself, valks don't buy themselves! :D

Roy,

Health should come first.

No matter how many valks,

toys or possessions that

you have, you won't enjoy

it if something is amiss in

your body. Same with family

and relationships. What's

the use of your earthly

possessions if you have

nobody to love and to love

you back? (Am I being

rhetorical?)

Don't worry. You can earn

back the money. And yamato

wil rerelease those valks. ^_^

You don't know but maybe by

the time you have the money

back, yamato might release

a color variant that you'll

like more than the one you

forego.

Roy,

Health should come first.

No matter how many valks,

toys or possessions that

you have, you won't enjoy

it if something is amiss in

your body. Same with family

and relationships. What's

the use of your earthly

possessions if you have

nobody to love and to love

you back? (Am I being

rhetorical?)

Don't worry. You can earn

back the money. And yamato

wil rerelease those valks. ^_^

You don't know but maybe by

the time you have the money

back, yamato might release

a color variant that you'll

like more than the one you

forego.

What is with

your silly poetic

paragraph formatting?

It makes no

sense...

The Damage

Before this extra expense I had enough to buy 4 more Valks (not counting a VF-1D on preorder).

Afterwards I'll have enough to buy just one more. That sucks. On the other hand I don't like to move paypal money back to my normal accounts. So I will keep enough in paypal just to buy two more Valks. I'll take the hit on a non Fun/Extra Expensives area. My insurance will cover some of it if they accept the claim.

Valks that were on my mind: VF-1J Hikaru, Tomahawk, Milia's Q-rau, VF-1J Mass Prod, VF-1A Mass Prod & VF-22S Gamlin = 6 Valks. I had enough to buy 4 out of the 6 (or 3 with Gamlin). 4 out of 6 is pretty good. Now I'll limit myself to just 2. 6 to choose from and having to pick just 2? That ain't right.

You guys don't even know how lucky you are. In Poland, there are no ramen noodles. There are these similar things - but it's never as good as the real Ramen noodles.

Pete

Accepting Care Packages of Ramen Noodles

You live in the land of kiełbasa, pierogi & beer. I'd take those over lousy Ramen noodles anyday lol

Edited by bandit29